Reviews for The Happy Genius
Ruby of Raven chapter 6 . 5/29/2014
Ha! XD I loved this! XD This was so cute and nice! And Seto was actually really in character and it still worked.
Great job! I wish there was more of this!
Indecisive Narcissist chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
You didn't write this! Seto Kaiba did!
That is the only way that my brain will allow me to understand this story!

This story was...I need to look up for a word that combines "comical", "passionate", "witty", "beatuifully written", "amazing", and "page-turning masterpiece!"

And Mokuba the bad boy? The kid that got kidnapped every other episode? Pssh. Loved it!

I praise this work and bow to the author!
Super Sayain Goku Jr chapter 6 . 9/30/2012
I am "Toolazytologin". I just wanted to add this: this actually isn't too OOC. Spot on if I do say so myself.
Toolazytologin chapter 6 . 5/24/2012
Actually, from what I've found out, in Rebecca's debut in the Japanese version she is twelve and seto is 16. In English she is 8 and he is 18. From the names and such that you have used, I'm guessing you are going by Japanese which would be a 4year age difference and would make seto 19. So, to the readers: you can picture it as a 4 year far difference or ten. Depending on ur preference. I hope this was informative...

...Anyways, back to the story. I absolutely loved it. This is my new fave yugioh pairing. You have eternally damned us all. All thanks to your prodigy shipping
gossipblondie chapter 6 . 4/26/2012
Aww man i have tears in my eyes. Truly, when i clicked this shipping I didn't expacted this amazing story. More then once I laughed my butt off the chair which resulted in not so few stares and I am awed. you made an excellent story with an amazing characters and such layer of humor that u just have to love it. Thank u for this. I am ur fan from now on. All the best!

Blondie

xoxo
She's a Pistol chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
OMG. I LOVED it to hell and back. fucking awesome.
HyaenusDominae chapter 6 . 8/11/2011
I simply cannot describe my opinion of this story. Simple words would do it no justice. Perhaps it would be best to describe it bluntly: This could be the best fanfiction I have ever read. I dare not list all the things I love about it. I'd run out of room. To name a few: it has a valid point about letting your true feelings show and not being scared of what others will think; the characters experience true, realistic development; the dialogue is wonderful; it never once became boring or started to drag; it was funny when it wanted to be and serious when it had to be. I should stop. Like I said, the list goes on forever. Again, this could truly be the best there is. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for sharing this creation.
IamSeptima chapter 6 . 8/9/2011
Absolutely beautiful story. It was engaging to read-so much so that I couldn't stop until I finished. I love that you kept Kaiba relatively well in character, and the entire tone of the piece feels down-to-earth and tangible.

I happen to be deeply in love with Prodigyshipping and am always happy to read a good fic. There are only about two, including this one, and the other is a one shot.

Your portrayal of Rebecca is great. She acted like a fifteen year old who was too intelligent for her age, as she should. I also like that you had her doing things (like running a charity).

The conflict regarding Kaiba's discomfort with Rebecca's age, and Rebecca's difficulty getting over her first love were well-executed and didn't feel as if they were simply placed for drama. It felt like real conflict with real emotions involved. And the ending! I won't spoil it for the other readers, but I loved it. It was just corny enough, and so good and sweet. Kind of like one of the great old romance movies...and I mean really old, from the golden age of cinema. Fred and Ginger, Kate and Spencer, etc.

Sorry the review kind of dragged on forever. I'm a bit long-winded. I just wanted to let you know how good this was, and I'm looking forward to reading your other work.

-Septima
Lace Kyoko chapter 6 . 7/25/2011
BEST. ENDING. EVER. So fluffy and cute, yet believable. I'm truly touched.

Oh god, if that were one of my school's plays, and Seto had whisked away one of our actors in full costume and microphone, our director would have a fit. XD She'd literally have a panic attack, which is why I found this the most touching. XD

What a great fic, and for only 6 chapters it was really deep too. :)
Lace Kyoko chapter 5 . 7/25/2011
Good chapter! You're really well read! I only know about Tess of the d'Ubervilles thanks to a play I was in called The Marriage of Bette and Boo. I really liked the emotional intensity of this chapter. Good job. :D
Lace Kyoko chapter 3 . 7/25/2011
Loved this chapter! I'm glad Arthur approves. Normally, there is one parental figure who is so opposed. But I don't see the big deal, ya know? Rebecca is a super genius so I think it can be excused for her to see older men. She's far too intelligent for boys. lol

And I loved Mokuba! I love how he is so playful and rambunctious. :D
Lace Kyoko chapter 2 . 7/25/2011
Othello is Shakespeare right? We were supposed to read it during my Senior year in high school in English Lit but my teacher decided it'd be more important to do other things... Like text in class. But it sounds like Shakespeare and I instantly knew he was quoting something. One day I will read all his works on my own time. :D

But yes, another review from me has appeared! My sister as it turns out is asleep so I'm going to try and finish this tonight!

I love this though. The secluded restaurant, the interruptions, and the two of them being surprisingly comfortable around each other. I enjoy how Kaiba is very human in this. Most fics, he's either emotionally devoid or a sex addict. You're doing great.
Lace Kyoko chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
I love this. I love the calm, dramatic tone, especially since I've been reading nothing but comedies all week. I need a little drama in my life. :)

I like this a lot though. Most of the "underaged character x adult character" fics I've read barely address the idea of the adult being attracted to the younger one. Not saying they don't address it at all, but rather they just don't take it as seriously. But I like the set up and it seems these two have some history behind them from a previous season of yugioh. It was Waking the Dragons and KC Grand Prix right? Anyway, you have a very mature writing style and I will try and read more soon. I now have to hand over the laptop to my sister.

Until then, ciao! :)
Sepsis chapter 6 . 12/11/2010
Awww, that was so sweet, I loved it!
fallen-angel's-halo chapter 3 . 10/10/2010
Awesome stori! it's really cool. What song is Rebecca singing in Kaiba's shower? It just wanted to know

F.A.H