Reviews for Taking Control
mariommaged51 chapter 24 . 8/23
q
Snaggledog chapter 28 . 7/14
I just read your story and enjoyed it all the way through. I'm a little disappointed with the ending, it seemed a little abrupt, but after 523,000 words you have to stop somewhere.

Thanks for giving me many hours of pleasure.
What The Stan chapter 8 . 6/29
half expecting a sudden plot twist where he falls in love with hedwig and they have owl babies
smithdm4 chapter 8 . 6/19
Had to stop reading about a quarter through chapter 8. The Harry/Ginny dynamic is forced and the fact that large portions of each chapter is repetitive, trying to "develop" the relationship. Taking a hot tempered Ginny and trying to siphon some of Hermione's best traits off into just fell flat. If the relationship wasn't such a large percentage of your story I could probably have stomached it.
I Wish I Could G chapter 22 . 6/8
What a great chapter! I liked seeing some more of Ginny's weakness, and the conversation with Cho felt so real- she's a really strong character.
I Wish I Could Go To Hogwarts chapter 16 . 6/6
Your characters are so simplistic sometimes, either good or bad. It was McGonagall's rather preachy "don't-treat-Harry-like-a-kid" monologue that did it... you just had to confirm, yep, this person is a-ok.
I Wish I Could Go To Hogwarts chapter 15 . 6/5
Woah. What an amazing chapter. So Voldemort is aware Harry is watching, and is using the connection again... This is terrifying. And Harry is having his own thoughts, not Voldemort's? And of course that had to interrupt him just when he was about to kiss Ginny! I wonder if the reason Occlumency is not good at blocking out is because Voldemort learns what Harry does - that would explain why he's able to learn other skill abnormally fast, if Voldemort already knew them.
I Wish I Could Go To Hogwarts chapter 12 . 6/5
I'm sure I like that prank of theirs. In the Muggle world, it would definitely be a crime - and sure, Malfoy committed a crime against Ginny by knocking her off her broom, but Dumbledore was there, and it was in a moment of anger.

Also, I think you need to fill out Neville a bit more - you keep trying to make out that he's a real friend, but we hardly know anything about him and there's hardly any scenes involving him. Ditto with Luna. I'm bit sad you're not utilising the DADA teacher as well; they can be an interesting and unique element to a fanfiction.

I liked the scene with Ginny giggling with the girls, the chapter before, I think. It always pisses me off when authors portray girls who likes sport as mutually exclusive to girls who like makeup, clothing, etc, and the sporty girls are of course far better people... It's just sexism really. You're allowed to care about objectively meaningless, unimportant things and still be a good person - but only if those things are typically masculine, like sport.
I Wish I Could Go To Hogwarts chapter 4 . 6/4
Good chapter - very enjoyable and easy to read. I liked the introduction of Jessica, and it's nice to see some of Harry's awkwardness, stopping him being too much of a Gary Stu. However, the Brit-picker in me screamed a couple of times - £100 notes don't exist, for example, and a 15% tip would be unusual in Britain where the restaurants don't pay waiters ridiculously little, and the waiters wouldn't introduce themselves as servers... or introduce themselves at all.
I Wish I Could Go To Hogwarts chapter 3 . 6/4
You do banter very well - I was grinning all through the last conversation. Though I don't think iHarry/i would be able to notice the relationship between Remus and Tonks, it was still fun to read.

also it's you've got a THINK coming. please. not you've got a thing coming? what does that even mean
I Wish I Could Go To Hogwarts chapter 2 . 6/4
The two animagus represent the bit of Voldemort in Harry, right? I guess that the owl is Harry, and the panther is Voldie, demonstrated by the fact that when he switches to that animal, he wants to kill... that can't be normal, as animaguses keep the brain of the human. Harry is a bit of a Gary Stu in this, but it's engaging and gripping so I'll keep reading.
gleefan2009 chapter 28 . 6/2
love it please write more
DaSalvatore chapter 28 . 5/7
I'm very hit and miss when it comes to stories involving Harry/Ginny simply because canon comes across as not well fleshed out. Many fanfics with H/G pairings don't really show the development of their friendship into love and it's been a pleasure reading one that has done so throughout this story.

Your showing of Harry's increase in power and abilities has been a delicate balance between him being better than his peers while still suffering in situations when he is the underdog. Your development of his friendship with Remus and Minerva plus the deterioration of Hermione and Ron to his life was balanced amazingly well.

All in all, an absolute joy to read.
natalieeannee chapter 28 . 4/29
:O Nooooo! Please don't end there!

This was really good! Is there a sequel to follow?

Thanks for writing!
Cougar Lova chapter 28 . 4/23
Perfect last chapter. Screw Hermione and Dumbledore. Harry has a brand spanking new following now, and that's what's important. He can go on and form his own Order of the Panther crew now. I REALLY can't wait for the sequel. Oh, I love the Harry/Albus duel, AWESOME.
2,904 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »