Reviews for Taking Control
Hmm chapter 1 . 3/2
Just noticed a little boo-boo.
You mentioned in an earlier paragraph that Ginmy would use the safe option and sign the letter 'your friend' but you've signed the actual letter 'with love'.
If it's meant to be like that then just completely ignore what is written above.
Great story so far :)
Epeefencer chapter 10 . 3/2
Ma;foy should have received at least a one game suspension for his actions. Even Snape couldn't laugh off his actions. Hooch wouldn't care and to remain as an impartial judge, action would need to be taken.
Animekitty47 chapter 4 . 2/20
Ron as Quidditch Captain? A relatively minor change, but one that makes a lot of sense, like Lupin actually being a part of this story. ;) I don't quite get the two animagus forms thing, like Harry needs more reason to be special snowflake :P, but I suppose it'll make sense story-wise later. ;)

This was a fun chapter! Ginny had an adventure and got a kitty out of it. ;) Harry got have at least the beginnings of a normal relationship. That touch of normality makes your insistence on the Potter-men-love-redheads curse/blessing odder, why did you decide to emphasize that bit of fanon while also letting Harry be normal with Jessica? Well, as close to normal as *Harry Potter* can get, but you get what I'm asking, right? I hope I'm making sense...

Anyway, awesome chapter! I'm so glad I don't have to wait for updates. ;) *reads on*
zorklox chapter 28 . 2/13
wow..

thanks for this story... its been very well writen and I enjoyed it very much.
you have a great skill as a writer

take care
X chapter 1 . 2/5
Although it has become habit in America to start each letter with 'Dear', it shouldn't really be used unless the person really is dear to you (Dear Mother, etc). With close friends you can be very informal, such as 'Hey, (friend's name)'. Writing to someone you're not familiar with, use their title if they have one - otherwise Mr, Mrs, Miss, or baldly state their name without honorific if you don't care one way or another (one can add 'To the Esteemed', etc, in front of their name to show heightened respect). 'Sir' or 'Madam' is acceptable if you're writing to a business & don't have a name but know the gender - 'Sir or Madam', or 'To Whom it may concern' if you don't know the gender.
Vera chapter 7 . 1/26
Okay so this is a spectacular piece of work and it's MASSIVE. I have a thing for well written,long stories and this fic more than fulfills that requirement.
But...as I'm progressing further into the story, some things are starting to bother me a bit.
1.) The huge and not so gradual shift in Harry's personality and his behaviour towards Ron and Hermione. Well...I was very excited when Harry was made assistant professor by Dumbledore but he has been nothing but a douchebag towards the people participating in HA. I know i know the name of the story is taking control and how Harry acquires control over his life but he can do that without being an absolute dictator. I mean, well all know how well he was doing in Ootp with his fellow DA members by exerting just the right amount of control and friendliness.
2.) Attitude shift towards Ron and Hermione- okay so there is a lot of Ron and Hermione bashing in this story and it makes me cringe at certain places. They are not the perfect friends by any means but it's like you intensified all of their negative traits tenfold and honestly it bothers me a bit. Harry keeping everything a secret from them and resenting them for every little thing...that's a bit too much. But hey! Your story your rules.
3.) The lack of class scenes- I guess you must have figured it out by now from all the other reviews as well. Classes are hardly shown and most of the time, Harry is off sneaking to practice and train. The man is basically tireless! I also feel that the significance of other important characters is a bit downplayed as the story seems entirely and solely focused on Harry Potter. I would have liked to see a bit more of McGonagall, Dumbledore, Luna... you get the drift.

Apart from these things, the story is amazing and you're truly gifted as a writer. I love how you gradually brought in Ginny and expanded her role. I'm glad she's always there for Harry. In the original books, I always liked Ginny's character but we never really got to knoe her well as she never got enough page time and her and Harry's relationship sprang up all of a sudden. Not that I mind, no, but your take on Ginny and the relationship between her and Harry has left me feeling at peace.
I'm hooked to this long and wonderful story and I'm really excited to read more!
Beginning Thunder chapter 1 . 1/26
Excuse me for not *cough* reading your page...

I feel crazed atm
Beginning Thunder chapter 28 . 1/26
Bloody hell. YOU NEED TO SEQUEL!

I will die not knowing what happens next!

EASILY A FAVOURITE
Tiriltoget chapter 26 . 1/17
Thumbs up for this Chapter! Awesome finish! Thumbs up again!
al-caprioni chapter 17 . 1/16
I dont review much because i am a lazy bastard :-D but this needs to get out:I am only halfway through the story but you've already ruined me for any other HP story. Absolutely love it, amazing work
ahylmn chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
great story. amazing.
Guest chapter 22 . 12/24/2014
harry bad I ben lying to you guys for a year, keeping secret and pushing you away but I dare you to be mad about it
Guest chapter 16 . 12/24/2014
if no body going to say it I will harry in ginny about both stupid and actling like bitch in this story. first yes you do have the right to keep secret but not at the cost of other people LIFE. if harry would have told dumbor first sirus would still be alive. so not shareing is costing people there life.

second there a difference between not wanting anyone to know you kiss someone, to keeping 50 secret about every little think.
Guest chapter 12 . 12/24/2014
still think harry a jackass, he forget that he never mad because hermoine does not trust him, but he forgetting that he never trusted them. he never even ask what going on in there life, and what worse he blames them.
Guest chapter 11 . 12/24/2014
so harry blame every think on ron, not that fact that harry was throw away ron friendship. and that if harry really thought of ron as a brother it was nomal to go throw someone stuff. that what most family do. how can you call ron a brother but not trust him or treat him with any respect.
2,816 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »