Reviews for Taking Control
Rocky235 chapter 3 . 8/2/2006
The shopping, trunk, the books, I liked it all.

Harry's visits with Moony seem very productive, in mental health kind of way.

I like the way you're doing your characters. They're likeable people. Well, the ones that are supposed to be anyway.
Rocky235 chapter 2 . 8/2/2006
I love, in a manly way, your long chapters. lol

I read to escape and I can get lost in them. Plus, you don't have any typos or grammar faults to cause distractions.
Rocky235 chapter 1 . 8/2/2006
I saw your story recommended on a Yahoo fan site.

I certainly like your work so far.

"I’ve been sugar coating things (a horrible thing to do to a pair of dentists).."

Even if I groaned a bit, that was a good line.
Fandom Butterfly chapter 11 . 8/2/2006
I just found your story, so you'll have to excuse the size of the review. Well, I guess you don't have to, but it would be nice if you did. )

::happy screams:: I love it love it love it! First and foremost, the length of the chapters rock, and your clarity of writing is astounding.

It was interesting watching Harry learn the feel of his magic, and how (probably because he wasn't raised with the common misconceptions of the WW) he was able to see past the accepted norm and challange himself. And his dedication to training, even when it would have been easier to quit and mope.

I thought it quite realistic how you had Harry slowly opening channels with Remus, not just jumping right in, with emotions like, "Oh, I trust you completely Moony!", "You're like a father to me." and "Let's have deep and meaning conversations, never mind that we haven't seen much of each other since my third year!". Don't get me wrong, I can enjoy stories with those too, but only if the rest of the story fits that tone.

Ron and Hermione. ::sighs:: They have some problems, don't they? Ron just doesn't get that not everything in Harry's life revolves around him. If I didn't know any better (and I do), I'd think he wanted Harry for himself. ::laughs:: So yeah. Ron bothers me, because he's an immature brat, very much like Malfoy in his own way (and not just in your story). Hermione bothers me more though. Not everyone deals with grief the same way. Some people deal better by talking it out, true. But some people deal better by working it out by themselves, in private. They're just not comfortable exposing themselves emotionally that way, and forcing them can only make it worse. You add to the trauma. Personally (and I realize it isn't on the same level as losing a loved one), I dealt with the emotional trauma of my parents divorce privately. My younger brother did better by talking it out with my parents. People who are truely avoiding dealing with grief usually breakdown, or overreact (negatively) to really small things, rather then deal with the big issue(s). Harry hasn't done that. You'd think that with all the reading she's done on 'dealing with grief', that she would have realized that. Hermione wants to feel like she controls the (ex)Trio. She wants to nag them about homework, be the one that comes up with all the plans, and the one that makes them deal with their 'issues'. She's not. And she needs to realize it before Harry tears that veil from her eyes in a very irreversable way.

I apologize again for the length. ) I don't usually write reviews this long/detailed, but I really liked your story. I can't wait to see how Ron deals with Harry's (probably dead on) accusations.
Kris chapter 11 . 8/1/2006
Very well written. This story is well paced, and the changing relationships seem natural and logical, rather than forced or hurried. The only thing that surprised me was that there wasn't more mention of Ginny learning occulmancy. It seems a logical step since Harry is telling her so many secrets. If anyone is paying attention to their closeness, she would be a target for anyone wanting more information about Harry's activities. So far though, few people are suspicious and it's great to read a story where Harry manages to keep his activites and abilities quiet and low-key, avoiding drawing too much attention to himself.

I've read your story in one gulp-well over two days-and I especially liked Dumbledore's review of the pensieve. His conclusions were logical, well thought out, and totally in character. Bravo! A completely enjoyable read.
J62442 chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
Hey Matt,

I'm really enjoying this story! Well done! You write Harry and Ginny very well. Hope to see you post again soon. Can't wait to see how you actually get them together...or if you ever do!

Tomanak chapter 11 . 8/1/2006
Now that was a evil cliff hanger, but great chapter, and great story., it's one of the few i really enjoy reading, and am willing to wait for the updates, cause it's got a great plot, and axtion, and well everything i like in a story and more.
hpz26 chapter 11 . 8/1/2006
This is a wonderfully story. You make the character interaction believable.

Thanks for writing!
Arithoniel chapter 11 . 8/1/2006
This story is an excellent piece of fan fiction. The writing, characterization, plot, and structure are all well above average.

Look forward to the next chapter.
Estarc chapter 11 . 8/1/2006
This is an excellent story! one of the best I have ever read. I have difficulty ranking it. I think I would give it a number 2 but only just barely. I can't wait until the next update. Very, very good work!
hash4uall chapter 11 . 8/1/2006
Hey i have read the story for the first time Your story is awesome I really cant believe that you are writing for the first be frank i really did not like harry and ginny combination But you have pictured it i think you should give hermoine some slack. Remember she did advice harry on understanding cho in book your actions with ron are just fast. Bye
RabidReader3 chapter 11 . 7/31/2006
wow! you have created believable characters, an original plotline, a more mature and subtle Harry, you have included both humor and angst, loss and romance, healing and confrontations, and amazing action scenes. Well done! I am very much impressed. I sincerely hope that you will update soon as I want to know just how ron will react to this confrontation and whether Hermione will learn her own lesson soon.

Sincerely, A Fan.
EJC chapter 11 . 7/31/2006
This is an outstanding story. The last couple of updates have been particularily good, and the continuing development of the characters is great.

Keep up the good work!
dolphingirl79 chapter 11 . 7/31/2006
You got Ron's personality perfectly that it is almost scary. He is always trying to prove himself. keep up the great work!
Dreakon chapter 11 . 7/31/2006
In all honesty, I liked the chapter but it was too much about too little. It would've fit nicely with the quidditch woes chapter, but I don't think it's something that deserves its own update.

That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I wonder, will Hermione get a confrontation like Ron's? Will Ron and Harry even stay friends after this?

Forget soon, I hope the next update will be long and tedious ;)
2,916 | « Prev Page 1 .. 163 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 183 .. Last Next »