Reviews for Taking Control
carolquin chapter 11 . 7/29/2006
i absolutely love this story! it is amazing and you can feel every emotion in every word. but what has cought me by surprise, and what i have enjyed the most, is how neville has changed. no longer the shy little boy who couldn't put a sentance together. now he is the man that i am sensing will be by harry's side during the battle.

please please please update as soon as you can. right now i have about 5 stories that i am reading and i get excited when i get an update. if i had to rank them your story was at number 2 behind "wings of gold" by roarry...but now after this chapter i have to say that it's all even. please please please update soon!
Draven Skullwise chapter 11 . 7/29/2006
Hi, great chapter. Finally, Ron gets the dressing down he s richly deserved. I hope that things with Harry and Ginny progress a lot further. cheers.
morriganscrow chapter 11 . 7/29/2006
This is a fabulously written story, those last scenes with Ron and Harry were gut-wrenching. This is, without a doubt, one of my favorite favorites! *grin*

Post again soon, and thanks for the great reading.
SafirePhoenix chapter 11 . 7/29/2006
oh, god, i can't bellieve you just stopped it there! argh! update update update update update!
lilacBookstar chapter 11 . 7/29/2006
Wow. That was really intimate and emotional. I don't know who to feel more sorry for Harry or Ron. I mean I know that Ron is the one who messed up in the first place but I could really sense how bad he must have been feeling with all the stuff Harry said to him.

I loved the part when Harry said 'I used to think I had a brother and a sister' it was so sweet.
zEROfrustration chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
Keep the great work coming please :D
phoebe turner chapter 10 . 7/28/2006
i just read the story and it was AMAZING! update soon
anaknisatanas chapter 10 . 7/28/2006
REally like this fic. I hope that there's another update this summer, maybe even two. I like the length you use for your chapters! _

Ginny and Harry are good together. I like that you've made them become friends first. Hermione might finally be becoming more understanding, or maybe not, its kinda hard to tell. Ron definitely needs to grow up some more but I like what you've done with him so far. Will there be more of Luna? You're showing a bit more Neville in the past two chapters but I think that it would be cool if Harry maybe started giving some of the IHA members some extra training in smaller groups if some of htem approached him about that.

I liked the scene where Harry fought in Hogsmeade. That was awesome. The bit with Rosmerta was good too. I'm interested to see what the Twins come up with. I think that they should pay Harry a visit since he saved their little sister and all! _ At least it would be a good excuse. I also like the relationship between Harry and Minerva a lot. I think that Harry should also maybe talk to Flitwick and Minerva about using Charms and Transfigurations during battle. It would be a useful thing to demonstrate to the IHA and even the BHA.

HArry should also maybe find some good potions brewers in the IHA and BHA and have them make healing and medicinal potions if he plans to turn them into an actual force to defend Hogwarts and Hogsmeade, or other places. They could use the Chamber of Secrets to store things. But maybe you're not even planning to go in that direction.

I am glad that Harry's finally becoming more independent. I'm hoping for some more Remus in later chapters too. I like that he and Harry are getting closer and that Harry can help him with his transformations.

Good work. I like this story a lot!
fatyat chapter 10 . 7/26/2006
I read this story about a week ago and I am sorry to just get around to reviewing now. I think this is an excellent start. I generally shy away from stories that contain some of the biggest cliches, but you have proven the point that in fanfiction it deosn't matter how often a particular plot device has been used it can still be used well. All that matters is the plot.

You have followed what i see as an excellent area for development of HP fanfiction. You have taken the flaws of Hermione and Ron from the books and just blown them up. It has been tried many times before but yours is one of the first stories that I have seen it done well. I will usually include anything I find palatable on my favorite stories list but if I could rank them I would throw yours near the top.

I alos have been more of a fan of the Harry Ginny fics. I read the others but unless they are very well written I find them hard to imagine, it just seems too out there. But at the same time I get annoyed when it is just all of a sudden and Harry realizes, "What the hell? I'm in love with Ginny." You have done a phenomonal job of building a relationship, rather than having it materialize from no where.

You definitely have had some formating and editing issues but i am still able to see what the characters are saying so I think in the world of fanfiction that is excusable. Don't let people who bitch about misspellings and and formattin gproblems get you down. This is fanfiction, if they wanted to read polished works they should buy a real book.

The only real writing criticisms I could make is that sometimes when you show us more than one point of view of the same incident (which by the way i think is always entertaining to see) you often repeat what has been said before. It's not necessary to repeat exactly what was said the second time around. Just mention that portion of the conversation and write a reaction. Your readers will know what you are talking about without having to repeat the whole thing.

Overall, great story and I look forward to your next update.
Moxterminator chapter 10 . 7/25/2006
Please update soon this is my favourite story atm
perfect for me chapter 10 . 7/24/2006
Love the story! Awesome plot, great writing. quick updates and long chapters. couldn't get any better. Fantastic!
karenelaine chapter 9 . 7/24/2006
I like your story. I'm glad you finally posted it. Chapters 8 and 10 do no come up when I try to read them. Hope you can figure this out. Looking forward to more.
Netap chapter 1 . 7/23/2006
I think Ron is in for a nasty surprise when if he tries to apologize half heartedly, and he deserves every bit of it, and then some, the fact that Hermione is siding mainly with Ron don¡t speak too good about her eather, knowing how terribly wrong Ron is she should tell him off 'till he comes to his senses.

I love the Harry - Ginny interaction and think we're finally going to see... some change in their relationship.

I really love it! Keep up the good work.

Netap.

Ps. Did Harry apparate trough anti-aparition wards in hogsmeade? I think it said somewhere there where such wards on.
Phoenixdust too lazytologin chapter 10 . 7/23/2006
This has to be one of the most awesome harry potter stories I've seen in a long time, it explains in detail, how he is growing, how he is improving and a logical reason why he's no longer close to ron and hermione.

-Thumbs up- Will keep checking for new posts!

YAY!

-PD
Momonster chapter 10 . 7/22/2006
nice save! when will Ginny and Harry fingure out how close they've gotten? truly understand? and will Herminone get chewed out?
2,905 | « Prev Page 1 .. 166 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 186 .. Last Next »