Reviews for Taking Control
Bluesnowman chapter 11 . 7/30/2006
Awsome chapter.
enchantedlight chapter 11 . 7/30/2006
great chapter! update soon!
phoebe turner chapter 11 . 7/30/2006
wonderful chapter!
Shadow Lighthawk chapter 11 . 7/30/2006
Oh noes! It's a close encounter of the cliffhanger kind! I can't believe you left it *right there*. Talk about ratcheting the tension up.

Harry's rant was beautiful. It was well thought out and concise, and his delivery was absolutely devastating. I've always been a fan of righteous anger. I like that the majority of the rant was seen from Ron's POV; it came across even better that way, and I definitely gloried in Ron's horrified realization that he royally fucked up. If that makes me a bad person, then so be it, but Ron had every bit of that coming to him. I'm practically vibrating with the need to know what happens next!

The thing that bothers me is how hurtful that must be to Harry, and I'm wondering if this is going to be the thing that completely tears it. It certainly seems hurtful enough to be, and even Ron knows it. You know, even if there is forgiveness eventually, I really hope Harry makes him hang out there and twist for a while. Why no, I'm not vindictive at all, why do you ask?

As to the Malfoy situation, I'm wickedly amused that Harry is going to wait for Ginny to join him before exacting vengeance. The two of them together would surely be an unholy terror, and I am seriously looking forward to watching them destroy Malfoy.

The Harry/Ginny in this chapter was very strong, and well on it's way to sappy. I like that you have that really high-powered confrontation in the last part; it balances the Harry/Ginny quite well, and makes a good, well, call it a chaser. It washes the taste of incipient sap away and lets the chapter end on a suspenseful note that's very in keeping with one of the main themes of the story.

One last thing: Harry's rounds of the team, boosting morale and talking young Nate out of his funk, were very captainly. Having him do that shows off how mature he is, especially in comparison to Ron, and it puts pointed emphasis on the fact that he would have been the captain had he not given that up in favor of other responsibilities. I loved how good he was with Nate, and I don't think for a minute that word of Harry's morale-boosting won't get around. It'll be interesting to see what that stirs into the cauldron between him and Ron.

Rabidly curious about what happens next!
imgonnadie chapter 11 . 7/30/2006
Excelent chapter. I found it very captivating. Plreasr do continue to write. I eagerly await your next chapter to see what rons answer is.
JVTazz chapter 11 . 7/30/2006
oh Angsty rant I love those especially when it's not to the point of Ron completely backstabbing him but still betraying him. I've always felt that most Harry stories don't have him do this when it's warranted glad to see that you did :)
jamorg chapter 11 . 7/30/2006
The confrontation was awesome. I am wondering what Harry's reaction will be when Ron says yes to what Harry asked him at the end of the chapter.

And when are Harry/Ginny gonna happen it is taking to long however i do like the build of their relationship.

GREAT FIC!
taxzombie chapter 11 . 7/30/2006
The names Toast, Burnt Toast. AKA Ron the Weasle. There is no way in hell that he can make this up to Harry. Ron not only burned his bridges, he used a couple cases of C4 to finish the job. Speaking terms is the best I can see him getting.

Ron may see the light at the end of the tunnel. His only problem is the diesel locomotive behind the lamp.
HP18 chapter 11 . 7/29/2006
WOO! Man this was a good chapter and I have to take my hat off to you for that last Harry/Ron scene it was just... Intense, that's the best word I can use to describe it.
phantomxazn chapter 11 . 7/29/2006
another great chapter...i hope you update again soon...thanks for your great story
GriM 1 1 chapter 11 . 7/29/2006
Great Chapter and Story
Siko chapter 11 . 7/29/2006
Golly, whew... you are one hell of a writer... Waiting for more...
jabarber69 chapter 11 . 7/29/2006
I've had friends like Ron before (don't keep them long after they show their true colors) and you captured them perfectly with your protrayal of Ron.

As for his listening in when gin and the girls talk, I'm a guy and I have witness 3 or 4 talks like that. All I can say is you think guys talk dirty, they can't hold a candle to women. and something I learned the hard way is that under no circumstances if a guy is privildges to listen in on one of these coversations he had better not open his mouth and say anything for any reason or he is fucked.

It happen to me, was at work, was listening to group of women talking about sex, one of them asked me a question, wanted to know if I like recieving bj, I said "Yes" nothing else was said from me. Week later was called into human resources where I was fired it seems they got a complaint that I was asking women for bj at work, and they reference that talk. go figure. Got fired! hired a lawyer, several thousand dollars later on my part, and one of those parts was my lawyer getting the girl that made the claim to take a polygraph and me too where I passed and she didnt, then they in front of human resources called in the other women that were in the group and point blank ask them about the bj question, all of the other women flat out stated that all I was ask if I like bj and I stated yes and that was it. Needless to say I was offered my job back, which I refused, took a cash settlement instead.

What was even more remarkable was at the end of the meeting with my and the company lawyers, the corporate officers and then the human resource personal chief (who was a woman) stated clear as a bell that the reason that I was fired in the first place without conducting a investigation was because I was a male and everyone understands all males want is sex so I was automatically guilty. She was fired after that comment, and I and my lawyer laughed all the way to the bank! but the moral to the story the other times I was privildge as it were to witness groups of women talking about mostly sex, I literally kept my mouth shut and mostly left the area really fast!
Selector chapter 11 . 7/29/2006
Wow

Ron really is the next dark lord in training.
AnnF chapter 11 . 7/29/2006
Augh! What a mean cliffie!
2,944 | « Prev Page 1 .. 166 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 186 .. Last Next »