Reviews for Taking Control
hpz26 chapter 11 . 8/1/2006
This is a wonderfully story. You make the character interaction believable.

Thanks for writing!
Arithoniel chapter 11 . 8/1/2006
This story is an excellent piece of fan fiction. The writing, characterization, plot, and structure are all well above average.

Look forward to the next chapter.
Estarc chapter 11 . 8/1/2006
This is an excellent story! one of the best I have ever read. I have difficulty ranking it. I think I would give it a number 2 but only just barely. I can't wait until the next update. Very, very good work!
hash4uall chapter 11 . 8/1/2006
Hey i have read the story for the first time Your story is awesome I really cant believe that you are writing for the first be frank i really did not like harry and ginny combination But you have pictured it i think you should give hermoine some slack. Remember she did advice harry on understanding cho in book your actions with ron are just fast. Bye
RabidReader3 chapter 11 . 7/31/2006
wow! you have created believable characters, an original plotline, a more mature and subtle Harry, you have included both humor and angst, loss and romance, healing and confrontations, and amazing action scenes. Well done! I am very much impressed. I sincerely hope that you will update soon as I want to know just how ron will react to this confrontation and whether Hermione will learn her own lesson soon.

Sincerely, A Fan.
EJC chapter 11 . 7/31/2006
This is an outstanding story. The last couple of updates have been particularily good, and the continuing development of the characters is great.

Keep up the good work!
dolphingirl79 chapter 11 . 7/31/2006
You got Ron's personality perfectly that it is almost scary. He is always trying to prove himself. keep up the great work!
Dreakon chapter 11 . 7/31/2006
In all honesty, I liked the chapter but it was too much about too little. It would've fit nicely with the quidditch woes chapter, but I don't think it's something that deserves its own update.

That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I wonder, will Hermione get a confrontation like Ron's? Will Ron and Harry even stay friends after this?

Forget soon, I hope the next update will be long and tedious ;)
Terris1 chapter 11 . 7/31/2006
Great story and also great chapter. You are evil for leaving us hanging like that in the end of this chapter! As a punishment we all expect update very soon ;)

Thanks for sharing this story with us!
PhoenixFlight72 chapter 11 . 7/30/2006
Another amazing chapter! i know that it can't be rushed, but when should we expect Harry and ginny to actually become an official couple? Also, hurry up with the update, i want to see the end of this discussion with Ron Weasel
Bluesnowman chapter 11 . 7/30/2006
Awsome chapter.
enchantedlight chapter 11 . 7/30/2006
great chapter! update soon!
phoebe turner chapter 11 . 7/30/2006
wonderful chapter!
Shadow Lighthawk chapter 11 . 7/30/2006
Oh noes! It's a close encounter of the cliffhanger kind! I can't believe you left it *right there*. Talk about ratcheting the tension up.

Harry's rant was beautiful. It was well thought out and concise, and his delivery was absolutely devastating. I've always been a fan of righteous anger. I like that the majority of the rant was seen from Ron's POV; it came across even better that way, and I definitely gloried in Ron's horrified realization that he royally fucked up. If that makes me a bad person, then so be it, but Ron had every bit of that coming to him. I'm practically vibrating with the need to know what happens next!

The thing that bothers me is how hurtful that must be to Harry, and I'm wondering if this is going to be the thing that completely tears it. It certainly seems hurtful enough to be, and even Ron knows it. You know, even if there is forgiveness eventually, I really hope Harry makes him hang out there and twist for a while. Why no, I'm not vindictive at all, why do you ask?

As to the Malfoy situation, I'm wickedly amused that Harry is going to wait for Ginny to join him before exacting vengeance. The two of them together would surely be an unholy terror, and I am seriously looking forward to watching them destroy Malfoy.

The Harry/Ginny in this chapter was very strong, and well on it's way to sappy. I like that you have that really high-powered confrontation in the last part; it balances the Harry/Ginny quite well, and makes a good, well, call it a chaser. It washes the taste of incipient sap away and lets the chapter end on a suspenseful note that's very in keeping with one of the main themes of the story.

One last thing: Harry's rounds of the team, boosting morale and talking young Nate out of his funk, were very captainly. Having him do that shows off how mature he is, especially in comparison to Ron, and it puts pointed emphasis on the fact that he would have been the captain had he not given that up in favor of other responsibilities. I loved how good he was with Nate, and I don't think for a minute that word of Harry's morale-boosting won't get around. It'll be interesting to see what that stirs into the cauldron between him and Ron.

Rabidly curious about what happens next!
imgonnadie chapter 11 . 7/30/2006
Excelent chapter. I found it very captivating. Plreasr do continue to write. I eagerly await your next chapter to see what rons answer is.
2,969 | « Prev Page 1 .. 167 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 187 .. Last Next »