Reviews for Taking Control
fatyat chapter 10 . 7/26/2006
I read this story about a week ago and I am sorry to just get around to reviewing now. I think this is an excellent start. I generally shy away from stories that contain some of the biggest cliches, but you have proven the point that in fanfiction it deosn't matter how often a particular plot device has been used it can still be used well. All that matters is the plot.

You have followed what i see as an excellent area for development of HP fanfiction. You have taken the flaws of Hermione and Ron from the books and just blown them up. It has been tried many times before but yours is one of the first stories that I have seen it done well. I will usually include anything I find palatable on my favorite stories list but if I could rank them I would throw yours near the top.

I alos have been more of a fan of the Harry Ginny fics. I read the others but unless they are very well written I find them hard to imagine, it just seems too out there. But at the same time I get annoyed when it is just all of a sudden and Harry realizes, "What the hell? I'm in love with Ginny." You have done a phenomonal job of building a relationship, rather than having it materialize from no where.

You definitely have had some formating and editing issues but i am still able to see what the characters are saying so I think in the world of fanfiction that is excusable. Don't let people who bitch about misspellings and and formattin gproblems get you down. This is fanfiction, if they wanted to read polished works they should buy a real book.

The only real writing criticisms I could make is that sometimes when you show us more than one point of view of the same incident (which by the way i think is always entertaining to see) you often repeat what has been said before. It's not necessary to repeat exactly what was said the second time around. Just mention that portion of the conversation and write a reaction. Your readers will know what you are talking about without having to repeat the whole thing.

Overall, great story and I look forward to your next update.
Moxterminator chapter 10 . 7/25/2006
Please update soon this is my favourite story atm
perfect for me chapter 10 . 7/24/2006
Love the story! Awesome plot, great writing. quick updates and long chapters. couldn't get any better. Fantastic!
karenelaine chapter 9 . 7/24/2006
I like your story. I'm glad you finally posted it. Chapters 8 and 10 do no come up when I try to read them. Hope you can figure this out. Looking forward to more.
Netap chapter 1 . 7/23/2006
I think Ron is in for a nasty surprise when if he tries to apologize half heartedly, and he deserves every bit of it, and then some, the fact that Hermione is siding mainly with Ron don¡t speak too good about her eather, knowing how terribly wrong Ron is she should tell him off 'till he comes to his senses.

I love the Harry - Ginny interaction and think we're finally going to see... some change in their relationship.

I really love it! Keep up the good work.

Netap.

Ps. Did Harry apparate trough anti-aparition wards in hogsmeade? I think it said somewhere there where such wards on.
Phoenixdust too lazytologin chapter 10 . 7/23/2006
This has to be one of the most awesome harry potter stories I've seen in a long time, it explains in detail, how he is growing, how he is improving and a logical reason why he's no longer close to ron and hermione.

-Thumbs up- Will keep checking for new posts!

YAY!

-PD
Momonster chapter 10 . 7/22/2006
nice save! when will Ginny and Harry fingure out how close they've gotten? truly understand? and will Herminone get chewed out?
1harryginnyfan chapter 10 . 7/22/2006
I lost count of the number of times I've read this story since I found it on the mainpage. It is really good. I read it when I need motivation to do something, or when I just need to escape from my parents and/or my siblings. I probably would have gone mad with out this story to take my mind off things. Please update soon. I love this story. Thank you for writing it.

I did have a few questions, though. Will Ginny actually transform her hand or something into the lioness? Will Harry tell her the prophecy eventually? And what about Sirius? Will she be let in on that secret? I think that all of these will happen, it's just when. However, you control the story, not me.

Also, I have a few suggestions. Maybe Harry should start training Ginny, not as intense as his own workouts, perhaps, but enough for Ginny to be pretty good in wandless magic and dueling. Harry could include her in some adventures, and for a really big attack, Ginny could help him. Maybe the teachers should be lured out of Hogwarts, and then an attack should take place. Harry and Ginny should lead the defense force.

These are just my ideas. You don't have to take them. Suprise me. Again, I really like this story, so thanks for writing it. Don't forget to update!

P.S. I love the fact that your chapters are so long. They are the longest I've ever read.
Lincoln chapter 10 . 7/18/2006
Brilliant Chapter.. But i think Ron has to learn what really is wrong with his attitude - has to see there's more to the problem than quidditch. It'd be nice if Hermione grew up a bit as well, but i'm sure you've got it covered. I hope Harry and Ginny's friendship continues to progress along normal paths. Perhaps Dumbledore too?

Anymore where that came from? ;-)

Lincoln
g3tog4 not loged on chapter 10 . 7/18/2006
great story Ill bee looking for more :D
Selector chapter 10 . 7/18/2006
Great story so far
EbonyBlack1 chapter 10 . 7/17/2006
This story is wicked. I can't wait for more. Ron is really stupid, and such a prat. Harry shouldn't have to deal with all the stuff Ron's putting on him. Harry already has enough to worry about. Hermione is really upsetting me. I feel bad for what Harry is going to have to deal with her, because she can't get it into her thick skull to leave Harry please
dnd4ever chapter 10 . 7/16/2006
great story looking forward to more
Vetus Animus chapter 10 . 7/16/2006
Amazing, simply amazing. Although you seem to, in some ways, be building a God complex for Harry you do it rather well and still limit him. You're a freakin genius. This whole story is for lack of a better adjective, amazing. Hope you update soon.
dolphingirl79 chapter 10 . 7/15/2006
Wow that was a great chapter, I can't wait for the next.

cheers!