Reviews for Taking Control
Epeefencer chapter 24 . 4/22
Not that I mind, but you really are showing Hermione in a bad light. She's such an arse in this story, lol, taking her character faults to the extreme.
AstorHoffersonIII chapter 28 . 4/22
This is quite possibly the most amazing FanFic I have ever read. The whole way it felt to read was like I was reading an alternate draft of HBP that Jo had come up with. I am sad that this is its end, yet I feel that the way you finished it was perfect.
noblocks chapter 28 . 4/15
WHAT THE HELL YOU CANT LEAVE IT AT THAT PLEASE POST SOMETHING ELSE YOU ARE CAUSING ME PHYSICAL PAIN BY NOT PROVIDING ME WITH SOMETHING MORE. AT LEAST A LITTLE EPILOGUE PLEAAAAASE ? Xx
rbear1231 chapter 1 . 4/11
best non time travel fic ive read
Blazeb79 chapter 28 . 4/6
Great story
GreyAncient chapter 10 . 4/3
For someone so clever, Hermione can be remarkably stupid at times. Ginny is going to tear her a new asshole over this one.
TheSpiritOfFanficPresent chapter 3 . 3/26
I never noticed it "Harry silently castrated himself". Well...
corbinskydragon1 chapter 28 . 3/6
Holy Shit! This is a great story. I mean damn what a ending! I only wish there was a part two. With everything that went down wow just wow. I only just started to read this story like three days ago if I could have read it non stop it would have been one day. If you ever make a follow up story I cant wait to read it!
I would have said, Hannah, you have two more open spots at the table I refuse to sit with them.

Of course I'd've called her a bitch but I'm over emotional like that
Hmm chapter 1 . 3/2
Just noticed a little boo-boo.
You mentioned in an earlier paragraph that Ginmy would use the safe option and sign the letter 'your friend' but you've signed the actual letter 'with love'.
If it's meant to be like that then just completely ignore what is written above.
Great story so far :)
Epeefencer chapter 10 . 3/2
Ma;foy should have received at least a one game suspension for his actions. Even Snape couldn't laugh off his actions. Hooch wouldn't care and to remain as an impartial judge, action would need to be taken.
Animekitty47 chapter 4 . 2/20
Ron as Quidditch Captain? A relatively minor change, but one that makes a lot of sense, like Lupin actually being a part of this story. ;) I don't quite get the two animagus forms thing, like Harry needs more reason to be special snowflake :P, but I suppose it'll make sense story-wise later. ;)

This was a fun chapter! Ginny had an adventure and got a kitty out of it. ;) Harry got have at least the beginnings of a normal relationship. That touch of normality makes your insistence on the Potter-men-love-redheads curse/blessing odder, why did you decide to emphasize that bit of fanon while also letting Harry be normal with Jessica? Well, as close to normal as *Harry Potter* can get, but you get what I'm asking, right? I hope I'm making sense...

Anyway, awesome chapter! I'm so glad I don't have to wait for updates. ;) *reads on*
zorklox chapter 28 . 2/13
wow..

thanks for this story... its been very well writen and I enjoyed it very much.
you have a great skill as a writer

take care
X chapter 1 . 2/5
Although it has become habit in America to start each letter with 'Dear', it shouldn't really be used unless the person really is dear to you (Dear Mother, etc). With close friends you can be very informal, such as 'Hey, (friend's name)'. Writing to someone you're not familiar with, use their title if they have one - otherwise Mr, Mrs, Miss, or baldly state their name without honorific if you don't care one way or another (one can add 'To the Esteemed', etc, in front of their name to show heightened respect). 'Sir' or 'Madam' is acceptable if you're writing to a business & don't have a name but know the gender - 'Sir or Madam', or 'To Whom it may concern' if you don't know the gender.
Vera chapter 7 . 1/26
Okay so this is a spectacular piece of work and it's MASSIVE. I have a thing for well written,long stories and this fic more than fulfills that requirement.
But...as I'm progressing further into the story, some things are starting to bother me a bit.
1.) The huge and not so gradual shift in Harry's personality and his behaviour towards Ron and Hermione. Well...I was very excited when Harry was made assistant professor by Dumbledore but he has been nothing but a douchebag towards the people participating in HA. I know i know the name of the story is taking control and how Harry acquires control over his life but he can do that without being an absolute dictator. I mean, well all know how well he was doing in Ootp with his fellow DA members by exerting just the right amount of control and friendliness.
2.) Attitude shift towards Ron and Hermione- okay so there is a lot of Ron and Hermione bashing in this story and it makes me cringe at certain places. They are not the perfect friends by any means but it's like you intensified all of their negative traits tenfold and honestly it bothers me a bit. Harry keeping everything a secret from them and resenting them for every little thing...that's a bit too much. But hey! Your story your rules.
3.) The lack of class scenes- I guess you must have figured it out by now from all the other reviews as well. Classes are hardly shown and most of the time, Harry is off sneaking to practice and train. The man is basically tireless! I also feel that the significance of other important characters is a bit downplayed as the story seems entirely and solely focused on Harry Potter. I would have liked to see a bit more of McGonagall, Dumbledore, Luna... you get the drift.

Apart from these things, the story is amazing and you're truly gifted as a writer. I love how you gradually brought in Ginny and expanded her role. I'm glad she's always there for Harry. In the original books, I always liked Ginny's character but we never really got to knoe her well as she never got enough page time and her and Harry's relationship sprang up all of a sudden. Not that I mind, no, but your take on Ginny and the relationship between her and Harry has left me feeling at peace.
I'm hooked to this long and wonderful story and I'm really excited to read more!
2,840 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »