Reviews for Taking Control
lia-leigh chapter 28 . 1/2
This story is ridiculously amazing, too bad it hasn't been updated.
IIEarlGreyII chapter 28 . 12/20/2016
Warning: This story is not complete. I wish I knew that before starting. Yet again an author decides to break up the same story into two parts and for some reason marks the first part as complete. If you don't mind that the story stops two thirds of the way through, read on. I really enjoy Harry/Ginny stories so this was a nice treat for me. I do think there is a little too much going on here; Sirius, animagi, HA, wandless magic, etc. It feels a little silly. But there is no denying that everything is well written and most of the characters are well put together. My biggest complaint, beyond no ending, is the length. I LOVE long stories. At the rate I read a story that lasts multiple days for me is a rarity so I relish in it. But honestly, this story DRAGS every last thought out into three paragraphs. I appreciate how well thought out things are, but it is so long winded that I went crazy sometimes. I will say the "sequel" was reading a lot better and more interesting, but since that barely goes anywhere I don't really count it. Ultimately a lot of good ideas with an extremely strong romantic relationship that I just love. However it is much longer than it needs to be, and there is no ending at all. While I want to lean towards not recommending it, but honestly despite how dragged out it is Harry and Ginny's relationship in this is so strong that it is unfair to miss it. I recommend it, even if it will frustrate you at times.
caitlynfell123 chapter 28 . 12/18/2016
Please continue I really want to see what happens next
Guest chapter 28 . 12/18/2016
Ple
26Naruto26 chapter 26 . 12/11/2016
Why didn't Harry kill Lucius?
eemaggss chapter 1 . 12/2/2016
I read Taking Control and Free Life in an embarrassingly short amount of time. I can honestly say I think this is my favorite HP fanfic series I've ever read (and I've read quite a few)! Thank you for taking the time to write this and I hope you will continue Free Life in the future! I've got you on alert :)
TheWateringWizard chapter 19 . 11/29/2016
I love your Twins. They are so bloody funny ! The testing scene was so funny.
I was wondering about something a little out of context, are you english by any chance ? The way the story sounds, the vocabulary and stuff, I just can't help but read the story with an english accent in my mind. Actually, yep. Bollocks and bloke is enough proof.
I hope you'll deliver more Ron-Hermione banter during the next chapters ! One thing that's great with your story is that you gave credit to a Harry-Gin relationship. That's something you don't always find in other fics. Wiith the time it took to come to conclusion, it's not surprising
TheWateringWizard chapter 18 . 11/29/2016
Ohhhhhh... Fawkes... That was unpredictable ! I can't congratulate you enough on your ingenuity. That was some great twist
TheWateringWizard chapter 17 . 11/29/2016
Wouhou ! It finally happened ! And for some reasons, when you introduced Occlumency for Ginny a few chapters before, I knew that thigns would take a definite turn with it. That Harry would in some way see some memories of Ginny and how she felt for Harry. Let's say I wasn't disappointed.

What did you meant exactly during the discussion between Remus, Harry and Ginny with the twin joke ? Are they gay ? I don't have a problem with that at all, it's just that I never saw a hint towards that fact and yet you use as though it was common knowledge. It simply confused me a little there...

Brilliant fight scenes, Harry is powerful but not over the top, which is the perfect balance in a way. And the noose is tightening around Harry...
TheWateringWizard chapter 15 . 11/29/2016
You ! That ending was such an IMMENSE twist ! I was expecting the cheesy, goofy thing we were in to continue and suddenly... BAM ! Death ! Torture ! Fun(uh wait, what ?) ! Oh god, I was not expecting that ! But it was bloody brilliant
TheWateringWizard chapter 13 . 11/29/2016
Oh. My. God. I absolutely love your story ! Your writing is great and your dialogues are amazing (sometimes you can't help the cheese but it's not that often). Great plot lines and the characters are very well "made". I adore your "Ginny". Even your Harry Potter is fun. He's a lot more powerful than in the books but for some reasons it's ok as he's not a Mary Sue (at least not for the moment). BUT please, please, make something happen between Harry and Gin quickly ! I can't take it any longer ! Their scenes are always great and they are way too close to still be just "best-friends". I imagine a Yule Ball or Christmas kiss. That would be perfect
Konoha no Kiiroi Senko chapter 28 . 11/22/2016
I love your "epilogue"! Leaves the reader free of imaginating the end
Tomtom happy chapter 25 . 11/20/2016
In the confrontation with McGonnagal, Harry asked her if she knew the Prophecy. I think in an earlier chapter, Harry told her in the hospital wing. Now, this may be me just confusing this with another fanfic I've recently read, but it was just a nagging thought. Great job with the story, can't wait to finish it, but also dreading it.
Nik1627 chapter 28 . 10/24/2016
Amazing story!
Corwyn chapter 28 . 10/19/2016
That's certainly an interesting place to conclude a story, but evidently the story was that of "Harry coming into his own", starting with Sirius' training and ending when he escaped Dumbledore's control entirely.

Bravo. I loved the story and I thank you for sharing it with us.
2,944 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »