Reviews for Bloodlines
Olena chapter 1 . 10/25/2014
This was beautiful and heartbreaking and perfect for so many reasons. The tone was just right, clinical but tragic. You could feel the emotion roiling but as though beneath a surface, an echo of how Draco was trying to conduct himself in such a situation. So much of the story was like an echo, a relief: a lot of importance was placed on what was not mentioned as much as on what was and that reinforced the theme beautifully; the fact that the word 'squib' was never mentioned and that it isn't mentioned as a general rule by Purebloods. It's a very well-written and thought out exploration into the intricacies of magic. Thank you for writing and posting this.
Laiika chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
I quite like this, I've read many stories with similar takes on Squibs and the 'muggleborns'. Yours was the first that took that from a Pureblood perspective, I liked that.
apbarium chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
I really love this original take on squibs. Nice work.
Skyline Romance chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
cleverly written this was an interesting read and a twist on the muggle-born concept
darkforces chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
BRILLIANT STORY i love it, i think its an amazing idea, well done, keep on writing!
AchillesMonkey chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
Woah. That was great. I'm adding this to my favorites list.
Crookshanks22 chapter 1 . 5/31/2006
Very original! I must recommend the essay "Wizarding Genetics: More Complicated than Mendel" on the Sugar Quill (Gringotts Vault). It posits two ideas that are relevant to your story: (1) that Squibs run primarily in pureblood families, due to the coincidence of an aberrant, recessive magical gene; and (2) that many 'Muggle-borns' are in truth descendants of Squibs a few generations earlier. I'd love to see you do more with this theme . . .
Jan-AQ chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
Great story. I really liked the narrative from Draco's POV.
Bagge chapter 1 . 5/25/2006
Wonderful. Highly realistic. I especially enjoy how the word "squib" never was mentioned, by the doctor, the parents or the narrator. It added to the feeling about this being a topic that is never mentioned, in a wonderful way. Also nice how it got Draco to think about blood status in a new way.
Bittersweet x chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
Oh.. deep. Very deep. Nice plot, though, and very nicely written. Excellent job, I loved it.
abby chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
whoa...

now i never thought of that!
syrraki chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
Oh that was really good!
Possum132 chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
Excellent insight into the Squib problem. Well done.
tinkabella feyd chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
Wonderful! Youve found the best punishment for Draco, and the best lesson too. Cleverly written. Congratulations