Reviews for Control
Raberba girl chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
Admittedly judging by only two examples, your serious fanfics are just as excellent as your humor ones. It was good, of course, to see the impact young Sephiroth had on young Rufus (Seph merely opens his eyes and gives Rufus "nightmares for weeks" - I love how much you are able to suggest with so few words, such as that, and also when you wrote of Rufus being "haunted with odd flashes of liquid green" two years later). But it was also nice to see what kind of upbringing might have made Rufus the way he is now, his father's cold training tempered (though not enough, apparently :p) by his mother's love.
Sorehai chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
This was good. This was really good. I wasn't aware you had this up... Must have missed it. I was very impressed with how yuo built up Rufus' logic. It makes perfect sense and I find myself agreeing it. I saw this with some physcological aspects, indicating childhood will determine future behavior, and found it to not be overdone. Glad to see this.

Cheers,

~Sis
MidnightWhisper7 chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
Wow. I just randomly decided to look for Rufus fiction today even though I haven't ventured into the FFVII fandom in months.

Very well-written, and you characterized Rufus perfectly. I like how you shed light on his childhood and how he became the way he is.
Valenas chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
Oh my god, you're alive! -Clings- Nice opening to this story. :3 I still love your writing style. Keep it up.
Ninjagrrl chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
I love this. I dislike fics where the author ignores that (for whatever reasons) Rufus *did* set out to try and control the world through fear, and instead rewrite him as being completely harmless and fluffy. This remains sympathetic without going out of character. For some reason, I really like the description of Sephiroth looking nothing like a soldier until he opened his eyes, and the tiny Aeris appearance towards the end.
MissPixel chapter 1 . 5/25/2006
This is a pretty damn good one-shot! I'm usually happy to read about little Rufus, but this was more than just a fanservice shout-out to his general precocity: it was well thought-out and intriguing, and had just enough of a Machiavellian ring to its childish innocence to be perfect.

I'd ask you to continue, but somehow this feels like a peek into Rufus's life, not an epic life reflection. Plus, your profile indicates a certain aversion to multiple chapters :-)
kei01 chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
*_* I am utterly absorbed into this Rufus's "theory of control", he has a place in my heart now. I admire how you placed so much thought into that paragraph where he reminisce about his father and his money. Everything is amazing. So deep it draws me in hoping for another chapter. I feel theres no..*cough* pairings, but... You will find the courage to continue won't YOU? ;_;