Reviews for Ghosts of the Past
supertailsfan123 chapter 18 . 7/31
not bullet time. but spartan time a side efect of working with an AI your reflexes are mad fast and its the reasion chief is still alive where most outher spartans are dead
DrZalgo chapter 1 . 2/17
Gripping from beginning to end, a gritty conclusion to the SatAm saga with some shock moments and a stunning ending that keeps you guessing right up to the final chapter. Truly an exemplar of the fan fiction format, I'd recommend this to anyone looking for that good 10% of Sonic fics.
Bored321 chapter 3 . 1/25
I'll comment on what I've read so far. The beginning honestly felt slow and lacking in suspense, and a lot of information that Sally and co comment on is all already known by the character so it looks strange when she's providing exposition on characters and other that's just already well aware of (all of which is already established in the original series and the comics thus is in little need of repeating).

The chapter after is slowed down from the action ordinate chapter proceeding it. While a taking a minute to breath is not a bad thing, I didn't feel as if the story was actually pulling any serious any or suspense that necessitated it. Had the first chapter been more high-strung or dangerous, then this would've worked better.

Finally, we reach the third chapter. Here, things started to get more intense with actual death (of total fodders whose whole purpose was to die and provide cheap suspense, but a death all the same) and genuine stakes. Sonic getting crushed was a surprise, but there was never any belief that this was really it for him, as the protagonist cannot be killed (off) until the story's end, not at the beginning. And the end of the author notes, you claim that you do not kill canon characters. Period. At this point, the suspense (this stories sub-genre) has been robbed since you've outright admitted that canon characters' have an infinite supply of plot armor and are never in any true danger since they'll come out of any situation alive and be back in time before the credits roll.

In short, the start was a little slow and rough but the concept stood promising, but it was later toppled due to the admittance of canon character's immortality for the sake of personal preferences.
GroovyPanda94 chapter 6 . 8/31/2013
I could handle using the ARC name but I couldn't make myself keep reading after seeing the word Mandalorians in here, wasn't a bad piece of work but couldn't keep reading. Well I did see what sounded like them deciding to make their own versions of Clones and that killed it even more for me. I'm probably in the minority here but I suggest leaving Star Wars in the Star Wars universe and being a little more original with ideas and naming. Again, other than those two things this was good.
J.H.K. Fairmoans chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
Wonderful set of stories you've got! The story is gripping, characters are realistic and well-developed. You get really wrapped up in these stories! When does the 3rd part in the series come out?!
Idalia chapter 23 . 11/3/2012
A...mazing. I'm super excited to head on to read your sequel now. To say I was hooked is an understatement. A few hours sitting at a computer staring at a screen can make both back and eyes quite sore, but it was worth the pain. To see how well this one is written, I can only imagine how well the next one is.
SierLeAn chapter 23 . 1/24/2012
ok when i first read this i was NOT expecting those killings or the ARC trooper to be sonic actually at first i thought it was shadow but when you spoke about green eyes when his visor broke i started peicing it together, you were VERY detailed in this and i ended up squirming at the visuals youcreated, i mean it's good im just saying that its very detailed, so yeah this is a very good fic and i give you two thumbs up!
Thomas Holmes II chapter 10 . 12/13/2011
Why do they keep calling Robotnik 'Julian'?

By the way, LOVE THIS STORY!
jerry101 chapter 3 . 8/2/2010
EVIL! An exellelant evil chapter. I loved how you ended his life. honostly though, I wasn't expecting for the warrior to be sonic. But anyways exellent chapter. For making it evil, Mr. Evil salutes you!
Asher Tye chapter 23 . 5/5/2010
That
Was
FRIGGIN'
AWESOME!

I'm not usually one gravitate towards the whole "darker and edgier" thing but this was a fantastic read. You really have a handle on the characters and the plot was exciting. And the twist at the end... blew me away. You are a master of the craft.
DbKiT chapter 12 . 2/2/2010
Good chapter. I liked the irony of that last sentence. I remember earlier when Sally tried to tell her father that Knothole was just a place.
DbKiT chapter 10 . 2/2/2010
I like this story. It's pretty intense.
TailsLovesCosmo chapter 22 . 1/31/2010
You seem to especially hate Tails and Amy. The maiming's were unnecessary and clearly meant for shock value.
Portrait of a Scribe chapter 23 . 1/14/2010
AWESOME story! It was all spectacular, though I have to confess, my favorite part was at the end where Antoine kneed Geoffrey in the balls. That was awesome, and I totally cheered out loud when I read about it. The only thing I would like to know is if you have any pictures of any of the armor that you described. I'd be very interested in Sonic/Norrack's Aratech Mark VI battle suit, as well as his new, altered appearance. But again, great job, and I'm out to read the sequel, now!
The Writer Of Fate chapter 23 . 8/7/2009
Impressive, just like the sequal, you know how to keep one riveted to the story. I like how you took a few things from the Star Wars series, and the things from the Halo series, like the missle-slap from the book, 'Fall of Reach'. Unless I'm wrong, that IS where you got the inspiration for it, right? And don't get me started on the Jackhammers, those are pure Halo right there. I truly enjoyed this story and its sequal, though I'm saddened that the third of this series does not appear to be in progress, nor does it seem to ever be written. I do wish for you to finish this marvelous series, but in the end, if you so wish to discontinue it, it is your decision, and I shall respect that.

-End Transmission-