Reviews for Day to Day
kirr1001 chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
no, he did sound like real Inuyasha, only saying those things we have never heard but which he must had was wery smart words in this little fic, truths of life to be honest.

thank you! )
Death101- Fox Version chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
I loved this piece! It's really interesting to see a piece of the series from his POV and the message (sorta) was also easily appliable to real life. Awesome job!

-d101
The Vampire's Liaison chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
No, he doesn't sound to eloquent. it's great. i hate when people make Inuyasha sound as though he's an idiot. I don't believe for a second that he is stupid. He has merely lived a life where his ability to reason and introspectively wander were more dangerous that anything when survival depended on attacking hard, fast, and freely. I also think, firmly, that if he had led a life with any form of leisure in it, he would have become an artist. People with strong emotions who can't express them tend to do so. I also think this because, to be honest, I have never related more or seen more of myself in any literary character (And I read A LOT) in my life. I react the way he does often, I have a temper, and I curse rather liberally myself. Admittedly, I can phrase emotions eloquently...but never once have I done so when speaking of myself to another person. Mostly, in that case, I shrug and make vague unhelpful references. And what am I? I writer who loves musical theater. So there you have it.

Wow, that got about a thousand characters sidetracked. The point was and is, that Inuyasha is not really a stupid person, as is evident in his ability to handle crisis situations. When its something small, he complains. When the world is ending, he's the guy I would want on my side. So he is perfectly allowed to be intelligent.
Nuying chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
(All this time I had been looking for a way to fit, for the home I’d lost so many years before: but she had been standing right beside me all along.) Loved the last line.. such a sweet story...loved it.. adding to my faves!
inugomefiend chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
Lovely piece! Glad yu wrote it.
Foofafie chapter 1 . 10/25/2008
thats so sweet but could you tell me how to post storeis I have tons but I dont know how to post them but any way I got off track sorry great littel... fic...thing. Keep going. _
brakken chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
I don't know...I read the summary and almost did skip over it, but I didn't, and here I am reviewing it afterwards because I did read the whole thing, and enjoyed it (if enjoy is the right verb-give me a few more lines, I'll express myself better).(Hopefully.)

I do like psychology and plot analysis, and the idea that the search for the Shikon no Tama as a means to an end rather than the opposite has always been rather compelling to me; after all, he only ever wanted it after Kikyou assumed that was what he was after, what he wanted. He desired it by suggestion, not by himself, so it only makes sense that in the end it wasn't what he needed. I also like the idea of his life being separated in two-it works better with his character and the reality of the situations than the typical description- nice insights in general on your part. No worries about the dull factor- I love this kind of stuff as much as the action, and by keeping it short and concise you keep it from getting dull for people less philosophical and analytical than myself. Nice job overall.
Alysia Of The Pen chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
I like lots of different stories. Yes, I often prefer action or comedy or romance or some angsty drama-but the ones where the author sits down and really puts a lot of thought into the thoughts of a character are worth something, sometimes more than the average story. Faved.
Zabby Perno chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
I know the feeling about the Shakespeare thing. When I quote him, you can tell it's too kami-sama darned early and I need to go back to bed.
Lilly McFadden chapter 1 . 12/15/2007
I liked the style and the voice you used. And you were write about the names, it didn't need them.
mysterychild chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
I really liked the narrative style the you depicted for his thought progression. I also throughly enjoyed the lack of names and still the ability to readily recognize the characters being depicted. Well done, and for a one-shot I would have to say Brava.
Rory4 chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
Heck, I got misty-eyed at the end of this. I have no idea why...but maybe it was because you wrapped the story up so well. It was almost perfect. And no worries, you really did do a good job of keeping Inu true to himself, but more open in his thoughts...if that makes sense. ;

Anyway...good job. Loved this. You're a very good writer.

-Rory4
blueful.raspberry chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
the ending was sweet. At first I thought it was in the POV of Kikyo but I discovered later on that it wasn't heh _' buh nonetheless, I liked it C
Rin-elwin chapter 1 . 9/29/2006
"it was either by accident (clumsy bitch),or[...]" _ that was my favorite line i think. i liked it, it was cute.
NewSalemWitch chapter 1 . 6/30/2006
Very nice! I think he sounds a litle more eloquent than he actually is, but it's mostly balanced out by the fact that the narration is thoughts, not speaking. And it is the "bluntness and cynicism," as you called it, that allows the reader to figure out who the narrator is.

"Bluntness and cynicism." I like that. _

And I like the lack of names, too! I hadn't even noticed until you mentioned it- I always knew exactly who he was talking about. Congratulations! lol I've read stories before that do that, but they try way too hard to be mysterious and sometimes you never actually figure out who's who.

And shakespeare *always* equals betime, whether it be one AM or right after lunch. P