Reviews for A Sad Song for No One
Guests chapter 1 . 1/11/2016
Although Claire has never been my favorite character in the Breakfast Club I think the story was excellently told from her point of view and I love the importance shown of Brian's character in this story.
maddie216 chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
this is so interesting...love the strange ending with Bender at the garage, like he also felt the same weird feeling about the cancelled detention. Really well-written too, Andy is right on par with his character. Great story - favourited for sure!
Rayndrop chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
Breakfast Club fanfiction seems to be consistently and amusingly awful (and painfully predictable). I was paging through the archive today just for the fun of counting the "remixes" and "sequels." And then I found this. What a unique take on it, and so well done. Fabulously poignant. A chance missed. A story erased. Brilliant and lovely.
poweroverbirds chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
Whoa, that was so cool and intense and I loved it. Wonderful job, really!
seren23 chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
This was so chillingly spot-on. I really love the alternate timeline you've created and how everything in it just slides into place. Wonderful writing and characterizations. Truly amazing story.
Aebhel chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
Oh, this is just beautiful. You managed the angst perfectly without using it as an excuse to get into melodrama and you paint a painful, plausible might-have-been for these characters. Nice job.
uncannyinstigator chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
Very good story. It is kind of creepy to think of such a sweet boy as dead. He reminds me of my time in high school, minus the good grades.I think it is a really interesting idea. I like how you use some linees from the movie in a convincing way and really maintain the characters personalities. thank you for sharing. I really liked it.
phree chapter 1 . 11/2/2006
Hell! This one was wonderful, maybe one of the best I have ever read of all storys here!

I love it, you are amazing!
Lacessit chapter 1 . 10/24/2006
This is, hands down, my favorite oneshot in any genre, with the expection of your Dark Morning, Swathed in Blue.

Wow, that's two for ya.

I thought, considering this is in my favorites-the very first one to be added to my favorites-that I had left a review.

Oopsie,I didn't.

Really, words cannot begin to describe how good this is.

I love that you took it in the alternate universe direction, making it so Brian didn't survive.

Oh, brings tears to my eyes.

Love it.
FreakChick42 chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
wow...okay before i start...im really bad at explaining things and..im sorry if you have no idea what im saying so yeah...i like how...everything is out of place...and stuff...how she keeps thinking that everything wasnt supposed to happen that way..grr..man i hate how i cant explain things but yeah..you get what i mean..and the interesting part was the attraction to john..its like whoa! lol ..see ya waround
zephyrocity chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
:sniff: Brian... :sob:

Aside, this was really excellent. Amazing. It was so emotional, and your description of not only Claire's attraction to John but *everything* blew me away.
Philipa Aleshre chapter 1 . 8/14/2006
Hi! You know, this is the fourth or fifth time I've read this fic and I never get tired of it. It's just that I lvoe how you write because I an feel everything Claire is feeling, and how she thinks everything's wrong and that there's something missing. I want to tell her: "go talk to Allison!", "Don't kiss Andy!", "Go with John!"... though I know all of those possibilities without detention would be simply impossible. Or maybe in a future, because faith works in such an amazing way, but then, I don't know.

I still feel as weird as I did the first time I read this. It's such a strange feeling.

LOL, I'm starting to babble. I better be going.

Bye! Keep writing!
Nikitangel chapter 1 . 8/6/2006
Wow, really interesting concept. Very tactile, like I could feel everything Claire was feeling.
Lizzi-Invisigoth chapter 1 . 6/28/2006
i loved this so much! it was an amazing twist!

more more more! keep up the good work.
that-girl-who-likes-dolphins chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
That was good. I mean really good. Like excellent. So good I'm practically incoherent.