Reviews for Attribute:A Tribute
o0morgana0o chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
How sad, this only has a few comments... I read it ages ago, but I don't think I commented (I've only recently started to get into the habit of commenting more often). Anyways, it's very good. I like the Dickinson poem it's based on, too. You did a great job of keeping the structure and stuff. And of course, I love "Lost and Found", so the poem is even better. Nice job!
KRzyII chapter 1 . 6/11/2006
That's gorgeous. I love the word choice and the whole mood of the poem. I especially love the line,"like wood on clay" (it has such brilliant imagery!) and the last line,"the will, in torpor, slowly letting go" ( it feels so real, and fits exactly with Borolin's fic). Truly, this is one of the best written poems I've ever seen on ffn, and the fact that it's about one of my favorite, most intelligent fics on here, well!- brilliant combination. Brilliant. Thank you for this gem.
ReeraTheRed chapter 1 . 6/11/2006
Wow! Of course, I've liked your poetry before (even though I dislike most poetry, but then, I do like Emily Dickenson).

(Yes, I'm still alive, but still out of things _)
Droxy chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
tis lovely and dark
wynnleaf chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
I had read this in the reviews of Lost and Found and thought about emailing you then with how much I loved your poem. I'm so glad you posted it so that others would have the opportunity to see it.

I'm not a Dickinson lover, but my son is and he loved this poem.

It reminded me a great deal of a year when I dealt very closely with someone suffering from PTS.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
Magnificent. Have you considered submitting this to a poetry magazine somewhere? Simply mention it's a tribute to Dickinson's "Pain" and let the editor take it from there.
Borolin chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
You know I think this is excellent - it captures that kind of choking paralysis of memory very elegantly - and you already proved you can write good poetry with the strange little verses in Crabbe's Poetry Book.
Milady Darkan chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
Beautiful poem.

I belive i've mentined that Emily Dickinson isn't one of my favourite poets. And I hold to that even after reading this poem "pain".

But your Poem is amazing, and it really works with Whitehound's story. I couldn't remember which one was it, but after the first lines I knew exactly which one and i remembered exactly how i felt when reading Whitehound's story.

Love all of your poems. So please write more.
Deeble chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
Neat, that - I'm fond of that Dickinson poem, and you turned it into something that clearly expresses the idea of the other sort of great pain.
poemomm chapter 1 . 5/25/2006