Reviews for Hope's Weakening Resolve
dem bones chapter 9 . 9/8/2012
That bit about Gwaelin's locket sounds like it would fit well in the game despite it's chessiness. Gwaelin is a cheesy gal after all it would only be fitting if Orsted was a cheesy guy. :D
dem bones chapter 7 . 8/15/2012
Gwaelin, are you serious? I know you are famous for the 'thou must' line but seriously if Orsted is off with a scantily clad maiden then it's obviously because she isn't as clingy as you are and not because of her visual appeal. LOL
dem bones chapter 4 . 8/15/2012
Wow! Everything is so realistic. I love how you incorporated elements from the actual game while making the story kind of realistic as compared to the game script.
dem bones chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Ooh, I like the name you gave the hero. I like the emotion that Lord Lorik has towards his daughter being kidnapped by the DragonLord.

Just curious but what is the old english name meaning of the name Orsted?
AerynB chapter 5 . 6/22/2012
I really love how you make the elements of the game so realistic, 'stooping to pick up the gold pieces left behind by the skeleton,' 'needing to upgrade his chain mail and sharpen his iron axe,' 'praying for space at the inn.' All these things happen without thinking in the game, but you make a real story out of it. :)

And I do like how you weave actual game-text into the story as well. I can remember running into these people from Garinham and Kol who talk about the woman in the cave and premonitions and dreams and such.

I liked the bit with King Lorik too, it was exactly as a father should feel about his kidnapped daughter. It felt very real. I always wished the game text would have incorporated how the King felt about his missing daughter.

Oh, poor Gwaelin! Hurry up, Orsted, and kill this guy! He put his hands on the princess. :( I wasn't sure where you were gonna go with the "perfume" but part of me was thinking she might use it to mask her scent and try to get past the dragon guarding the door. Of course, in my head, some other monster was going to catch her and put her back in the cell, and possibly lock the door or something so that the events of the game would play out and Orsted would still have to rescue her, but anyway, that's what I was thinking. I still can't believe the DragonLord kissed her though. :( Poor Gwaelin.

Hmm, still haven't told us what the favor is that Erik asked of Ellen... Geez, I hate this guy. Someone needs to teach him a lesson. Maybe the monsters'll be too tough in the cave with the fighter's ring and he'll get eaten... No such luck probably. :(

Aaah, so close! The first time I read this, the bit about catching a magpie bothered me a bit. Like, why is this nice guy Orsted capturing animals, but then it kindof fit the story, about him being curious about something sweet and beautiful and it turning sad and awful because it was captured. It was a really neat little moment, and you wrote it very elegantly. :)

And again poor Gwaelin. Such a small thing, a first kiss, but you can totally understand her utter sadness and panic. I don't want to be crude or anything, but that stupid kiss now makes it plain to her that this marriage to the DragonLord isn't going to be a platonic alliance of kingdoms, he's going to want to bed her. I'd be close to vomiting and crying out as well. Come on, Orsted, Gwaelin can't hold out much longer.

Really good chapter. Can't wait for more. :)
Dumba chapter 5 . 6/20/2012
Great chapter!
AerynB chapter 4 . 5/14/2012
Someone seriously ought to strangle this Erik guy. Grr... your country is about to fall into the hands of evil and all you care about is the King's favor. And to frighten people weaker than you... Poor Ellen. Be brave, girl. Gwaelin doesn't need you helping this swine. :(

And brave Orsted, looking around him to see what could have frightened off the slime. :) It's you, silly. Definitely time to start exploring the rest of the world if little ol' slimes are running away. Besides, Gwaelin won't be able to hold out for much longer... Or will she?

Don't give in to him, Princess. You're absolutely right, the DragonLord is only trying to manipulate you. Be strong. Resist. Your rescuer is coming... Then again, I wonder if Erik finds her first.

I realize this isn't much of a review with good feedback and whatnot, but I really am enjoying this. :) Your writing style flows so elegantly. I can picture the people and places you're writing about so easily. Thank you, thank you for this! :D
AerynB chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
I know this story is very old, but I think it's gorgeous. You are a wonderful story-teller. The princess is no fainting miss, the hero is reluctant, the Dragonlord isn't the only antagonist. Actually, at first I thought Erik would be the hero, since that's what I usually name my hero when I play the game, but Orsted is a really great name also. It fits well with Gwaelin, Lorik and Erdrick.

I realize there's only 3 chapters here on , but maybe you've uploaded more chapters somewhere else on the web. I think I'll go look now.

Anyway, thank you for posting this much of your story. I can't praise it enough! :D
LT chapter 1 . 8/1/2007
Ok to add on to what i was saying, i thought the detail was pretty good, i could picture what was happening in my mind and i also liked how you expanded on the story not just in including erik but by portraying dragonlords reasons for kidnapping gwaelin, and showing emotions in npcs that otherwise seemed passive in the videogame. Speaking of that, I also really like the characters, they actually seem to have depth. One complaint though, Osterd is the heros name? Other than that, i didnt really see anything wrong with it. So im really hoping you make more
LT chapter 1 . 8/1/2007
your story isnt half bad actually i enjoy reading about dragon warrior I please make more chapters