Reviews for Embedded Enmity
Anonymous chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
Wow. Weird, but...insightful, I suppose is the word I'm looking for. It throws a new light on both their characters by developing them but still remaining faithful to the original TV series. I like it.
TheWeaselette chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
E, izvini sto postujem na srpskom, al ima malo nasih autora. Htela sam da kazem da sam jos uvek zacudjena da su se gruber i helga vencali. Zar nije on bio gej i zaljubljen u renea?

Masha
Pat chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
wow, you certainly sound like some over-tense man-hating feminist.
Jadwiga chapter 1 . 10/5/2007
Wow! I dislike the Gruber/Helga pairing the writers pulled and found it completely unbelievable. Yet, the way you wrote it made the whole pairing - marriage - *believable*.

It was compeltey in character from beginning to finish and is how their marriage would have been conducted now that I think about it.

Yikes, to make this marriage plausible deserves recognition! Well done!
Jammalot chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
Wow, that was kinda scary, dark, and awesome at the same time ! It's absolutely brilliant :)

Love, J.
Quill of Minerva chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
I really feel for Helga in this story.

Great bit of writing.
Gruber's Little Crumpet chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
Woah. is .. amazing.. I've always been a fan of Gruber, but never have I seen him in this light- I've always preferrd to see the jokey, charming side. I don't know whats scarier- the thought of a steely, ruthless Gruber- or the fact that it seems to WORK. wow. i'd say this tory was really good, if a little too dark for my taste.

still, Its great to see a fellow Gruber fan!
magic-munchies chapter 1 . 10/9/2006
Nice story, Hey just read your review on fiestyones Allo Allo in Aussie she is one of moi mates and well thats just a recap of our hols only hyped up e.g love potion she got umudi market actually read your story and deicded to try it and the true dare thing we have been doing for a while and the kissing, maybe not so much the making out and stuff, the horse trek and stuff was just remebering hols. But hey stick on ze subject loved your story Gruber- Helga combos are cool, I enjoy reading your storys
fiestyone chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
Yeah that was awesome, I like you like Gruber- Helga pairings and I really enjoyed that story I was really good!
Lucy Evans chapter 1 . 9/13/2006
very nice
Dragonmaster Kurai chapter 1 . 9/10/2006
I thought that this was a very well written piece, and I could acctually see their married life taking this course... well done!

cya

DK
Belashkal chapter 1 . 6/3/2006
Wow, this is a new take on slash-fiction... Homosexuals forced to heterosexual love-making is... novel. And it is very clear poor Hubert doesn't enjoy it and I do feel pity for him, poor guy.

Hetero-slash. Who'd thought it possible. Still, the angst still there and that's the important bit :P

Could have been written out of 'all-knowing-author' P.O.V instead of first-person. Could possibly have gotten a greater impact. As noted earlier, Von Stroehm seems a 'tad' out of character spying on his masters.

Still, poor Hubbie...
Karrie Dreammind chapter 1 . 5/27/2006
Woopee, first review!

Ok, I have to say I am truly impressed! When I started reading I wasn't too much into it because I knew it was Gruber/Helga pairing which I am not the greatest fan of. However as I kept on reading I realised it was great pleasure because everythign was so well described and because: -the colonel being a bit out of character by being so analytical and serious- was the ONLY thing was out-of-character! Honestly after reading this, the so-unbelievable fatc that Gruber and Helga DID get married after all, became believable! And even more - I could perfectly understand and imagine every little asoect that caused the shocking outcome to which we are presented in the end of the series!

Thank you for keeping everyone in-character! I could imagine if another Gruber/Helga shipper wrote something like this they would make Gruber unexpectingly fall in love with Helga... (that would be stupid). You however didn't and that makes me happy and makes you one very good author! )