Reviews for Without You, I'm Nothing
Killa Cupcakes chapter 102 . 11/13/2011
I know this story is 5 years old, but I just spent 2 days reading it, so I'm going to review. After seeing this story mentioned on another author's page, I decided to check it out. I almost gave up on it a third of the way through, but I forced myself to continue (much similar to the way I forced myself to finish reading Deathly Hallows). I guess I knew it would be depressing, as I already knew that it barely qualified as slash since Remus and Sirius would never actually act on their attraction to each other, but the story was more depressing than I was anticipating. Now that I've read it, I feel like I have to go read a happier story to lift my spirits. The romance between James and Lily was more interesting than whatever happened between Remus and Sirius. Sirius was such an absolute ass in this story that I'm surprised anyone would want to be friends with him. I wanted to reach through my computer screen and smack him. He was TOO dark and too moody. Peter, was as usual, the lame tag-along friend. Remus and James were written much better than Sirius and Peter. I liked Eleanor, too. I thought she was surprisingly good for an OC, and since Sirius was such a douche, I was rooting for Eleanor and Remus.

If this story was meant to follow canon, I do have a few gripes. The biggest one being that James is a seeker in this story. He was not a seeker; he was a chaser. Also, the Marauders would have been 17 at the end of their sixth year, or at least, James and Remus would since they were born in March 1960 and they began Hogwarts in September 1971. I must say, though, that for this story being written before the release of Deathly Hallows, you nailed the relationship between Lily and Snape. That was very well-done.

Basically, I felt this story was way too long. It didn't take 102 chapters for everything to happen. Some things that happened felt redundant and unnecessary. If I had to read about another Quidditch match, I was going to scream. Overall, it was OK, though it had the potential to be really good.
ello luv chapter 102 . 11/7/2010
You are...no words can describe...you've made me speechless. This story was so amazingly fantastic in every way. Totally worth stayimg up late to read it, despite the fact that I have to get up in five hours.
WookieCookies chapter 32 . 8/13/2009
Wow. The steady lead up to this tantalizing...very well done indeed. Can't wait to continue.
WookieCookies chapter 16 . 8/12/2009
The goodness continues...
WookieCookies chapter 6 . 8/12/2009
Hormones raging & wreaking havoc on the kids. I know it's been a while since you wrote this, but confess to feeling guilty that I've read this story multiple times without reviewing (I think).
Sad eyed Lady of The Low Life chapter 102 . 2/4/2009
Wow... I can't believe i finished reading this! normally i'm put off by long stories (more than 30 chapters) but i don't know why i just gave this one a chance and i'm so happy that i did. it was an excellant read... I came across it by pure chance which explains why i'm reading it about a million years after it was first finished let alone posted!

I think the finishing paragraph was beautiful and i'm glad i waited until the end to review. I think your line:

'He could never know what it was to love and to grieve as though the world would stop turning just for the death of someone; to feel as though without them, you are nothing'

was beautiful and it was truthful and you captured the real feeling of grief in this one sentence. The total feeling of loss. it's amazing how one sentence can mean so much.

I liked how you portrayed Sirius as a Black. That even though he left them, chose the opposite side he was still hot-headed and proud and cruel. Those are traits that i think would be hard to shake. In most stories he is this lovable rouge (which i have no problem with) but its nice to see this kind of take on his personality.

I like Remus as well. Getting to understand what might have been going on in his head during the course of the year was wonderful! He was a great character to follow and see things through his eyes.

One last thing -The way you described Remus transformations was excellent. really brilliant stuff. the blood lust, the pure animalistic nature that possessed Remus as the wolf took over-pure brilliance and the way he felt before,during and after the transformation was so well written that i tip my hat off to you... if i was wearing one...

Well done on story. I'm not sure what else i can say except it was wonderful...
Lillybet chapter 102 . 2/3/2008
This has been an amazing story, showing real talent to put what is in imagination to paper. If you enjoyed writing it half as much as i enjoyed reading it you must be a very happy person.

One tiny note - your there, their, and they're get confused occasionally.

Thank you.
Lillybet chapter 100 . 2/3/2008
Beautiful. *sigh* Utterly beautiful.
Lillybet chapter 70 . 2/2/2008
Wow, you've found a Tonks I can like!
Lillybet chapter 51 . 2/2/2008
Busily reading through the whole story.

This is a wonderful chapter, you really capture the atmosphere.
balmorhea chapter 102 . 8/19/2007
Amazing story. Your subtlety was perfect. The lingering tension between Sirius and Remus is something I don't see much on here with Remus/Sirius pairings; it's always, "Okay...now let's kiss with tongues!" I cannot wait to read your next one.
balmorhea chapter 76 . 8/15/2007
Finally have the time to finish reading.

Oh, just to let you know, 74 and 75 are the same chapter.
EsScaper chapter 102 . 8/14/2007
You know I'm going right over to read the new story!

I can't help but feel "empty". I liked your ending with Remus reading the letter. It was emotional and very heart-felt. I wouldn't change it at all. However, there was the absence of a relationship between Remus and Sirius that simply can't be ignored. I am disappointed that you didn't let us see them happy. It feels like you have a few chapters missing before your final epilogue. Their relationship is implied, of course, and in my mind it is well played out. Having it spelled out on "paper" just brings the emotions out so much more than assuming it happened.

I still liked your story. I just am in need of some serious Sirius/Remus pairing right now. Hopefully your next story will fill the void.

EsScaper chapter 101 . 8/14/2007
One left...I do hope it's a long chapter!

Nice moment having them all pledge to fight together. I am sure Peter was dying inside...I certainly hope he was! I only wish that they could have fought till the end together. JKR just had to ruin it, damn her. It is one of the reasons why I am such a fan of fanfiction. We get to have things "our" way. How can you not love that?

Off to the last...so sad!

EsScaper chapter 100 . 8/14/2007
Damn right so BLOODY close! You made me go "ARGH!" It was a beautifu moment. Lovely to see our boys getting along so well, as well as "minding those smoking embers". Soon the flame will come, heck there're only two chapters left.

Beautiful job, frustrating, yes, but beautiful all the same.