Reviews for Percy's war
The Miss America chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
I love this! I always thought Percy did fight in the war. In his own special way at least.
Silver Sailor Ganymede chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
Your sentence structure was a little awkward in places, but other than that this was a very good story. It was a very refreshing change from the usual characterisations we see of Percy.
Rayless Night chapter 1 . 3/31/2007
An excellent verbal portrait. You're very good at showing rather than telling. I've read other fics done portrait-style, and they're usually either obvious and/or boring because they "tell" too much. You definitely don't fall into that trap.

Percy's anger towards Lucius seems very plausible. I hadn't considered it before. I'm not a Percy fan (though I'm trying to withold judgement until the final book comes out), but if Percy ever worked against high people in the Ministry, that seems a likely reason.
Restiva chapter 1 . 2/22/2007
I like this story. The descriptions are spot on, and Percy is excellent; it's completely believable that he could become so wrapped up in a personal war against Malfoy that he's blind to everything else. Arg. He's such an extreme and rigid character.

It's very sad to see that his vengeance for Ginny means that Ginny doesn't respect him anymore though, and that he doesn't even seem to realise.
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 1 . 8/5/2006
Good one-shot. I won't be surprised if Percy DID kill Malfoy.
Miranda Took chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
It's a very different picture from the jerk we know Percy to be. I think I will read the other Percy stories.
Jobey in Error chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
It's really awesomely written. This is the only opening-paragraph-describing-the-scene-in-minute-detail of which I've ever approved (the minute details were really very good). The two paragraphs about the paperwork trickery Percy is up to is very engaging. It gets the imagination all tickly and excited.

I just don't buy the underlying premise, though the angle is at least plausible. (I'd *like* to buy it, though. Canon!Percy is such a horrible disappointment - not just as a person but as a character. It's not Rowling's best moment.)

Carry on!

Jobey
kiss-of-cuteness chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
Percy as the good guy, interesting. I think you've really managed to make him human, especially since his motivations are realistic. Good job!
MysticScribe chapter 1 . 6/5/2006
Oh, another one, brilliant and darker.

The image of the single pillow is gorgeous. I like the way you get to the root of the character, with such an economy of words.

Just as Percy would have described himself, don't you think? : )

What you suggest in this story is totally credible and makes it more chilling. Sacrifices, war, brotherly love and vengeance. Wow.

Thanks for sharing your talent,

-MysticScribe-
fledge chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
Ah, who'd have thought it of Percy? But you are quite right, this would explain about everything. And of course seemingly distancing himself from his family whom Malfoy hates so much, is the best disguise. And it is really hard to imagine that in a family like the Weasleys there should be one rotten egg among all those wonerful people. And who cares for canon, anyway?
Possum132 chapter 1 . 5/27/2006
Ow, you remind us that you write angst/drama as well as charming yarns. A chilling little story of grim determination and sacrifice. This is war.
Dead-Luthien chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
This is deffinetly the best one from the three of them! This would be a good motive for which Percy might work for Fudge. I'd really like to think that this is the reason for which he has gone against his family : to revenge his sister. Congratulations once again.
Blodeuedd chapter 1 . 5/26/2006
*applause* Nicely done. You've definitely changed my opinion of Percy as some prissy brown-noser...and I must say, I like this version much better. Percy has always been one of Rowling's more one-dimensional characters and I like how you've added some depth and determination to him. I'm also glad that you make his purpose for fighting the fact that Ginny almost died in Chamber of Secrets... I always wonder why the Weasleys weren't more impacted by that. I mean, having your little sister/daughter nearly murdered by an incarnation of Voldemort seems like it would last longer in their minds than it did. So good work. I really enjoyed this and I would love to read the other two Percy fics you mentioned in your a/n.

Thanks for sharing,