Reviews for When Approaching An Ancient
Murriana chapter 3 . 11/23/2012
You mix up 'secrets' and 'secretes' a few times in this chapter, just so you know!
Murriana chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
I've been looking for this particular crossover and am glad you chose to do it (especially with Nine, I love him!) but have trouble believing that Gen. Hammond would order then to stand down or just let the fact that he's an alien go, not after all the incursion situations they've had.
kraken5 chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
Okay, not a bad start. But if you ask me it seems that the Doctor spilled his life story a bit too fast. He hates talking about his people's fate, and he certianly wouldn't talk about it to a complet stranger who's pointing a lot of guns at him. General Hammond also sounded too accepting of the Doctor's story. Standerd operating procedure for this kind of scenario would be for the Doctor to give some funny nonsense story, and General Hammond would lock them both up until an investigation was compleated. Other than that, nice story, and your writing is fantastic.
Alkeni chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
Dude...the Gadmeer weren't one of the Four Races. The Furlings were the fourth one - Ancients, Nox, Asgard, Furlings
OhShirleyUJest chapter 3 . 4/19/2011
Bah. I hate how you can't edit reviews. I meant 'love' not 'live'.

My typo aside - the story is still good, and typos are still present. Pesky aren't they? And, since I already talked about them, irrelevant!

Anyway,the plot is still great. The doctor does know how to be annoying, doesn't he? I'm glad he's keeping them in suspense for a bit, they kind of deserve it. Although, I have to wonder why he didn't take Rose to the medical bay on the Tardis instead of looking outside for one...
OhShirleyUJest chapter 2 . 4/19/2011
This looks like it is going to be great... as soon as I finish it. If you aren't already, you might want to start proofing a little more closely. There are just a few typos that are slightly hilarious when you imagine the mental image:

"No matter if they were keeping secretes" - maybe secrets? Although, I'll have to thank them for keeping their oozy stuff away from other governments as well.

"The fourth was most defiantly not human" - you might have meant definitely, but defiantly is kind of funny!

There are also a scattering of misspellings, comma problems, and other stuff. They don't interfere with the story overly much, and (in general) this is awesome! The way you treat the doctor's persona so far is excellent. Don't you live Nine with his "stupid ape" and leather jacket?
Yumera The Crimson Overlord chapter 6 . 4/6/2011
hello
VigdisVale chapter 21 . 1/22/2011
I really like this one. I wouldn't have thought this crossover could blend so well. You're a genius at them!
devilsbard chapter 3 . 1/22/2011
Have not read the rest yet, but one thing struck me as highly dubious.

The SGC is surprised by the doctors stated age of 900 years? WTF.

All the gould they meet are at least 3000 or more years, and so are practically all the aliens they meet even the friendly ones.

Anyway, just a small annoyance.
Nightgazer333 chapter 21 . 1/21/2011
Oh not him again, he just won't stay dead will he, always causing trouble there.
Mechconstrictor chapter 20 . 5/3/2010
Pretty good story. Any chance of seeing more of it?
Blackdex chapter 20 . 1/10/2010
Please continue. ciao
Elfprinzess chapter 20 . 6/28/2009
Nice story, you should continue writing it.
KnitKnut chapter 20 . 6/16/2009
Great story! What happens next? I want more!
SithelfJen chapter 3 . 5/26/2009
Great story so far but you need to watch your spelling.