Reviews for Deadly alliance
Umm, you might want to get a beta to check your translations before you post. While I'll admit that I am a bit of a Grammar Nazi of sorts, there are some grammatical errors that can actually change the meaning from the intended meaning. Also, Q could wipe the floor with the Borg and Species 8472 in 3 nanoseconds flat. And that's not even considering what the combined power of the entire Continuum could do.
Mercedes10 chapter 5 . 8/19/2006
A couple of things. I don't like the original character in this story. She wreaks of Mary Sueage. (all right. Not quite as bad as most of the other Sues on but the Sueage is still very much present.) The entire Lapierre character is a waste of typing effort as far as I'm concerned. I can't stand anything about her. From her jet black hair to her beauty and green eyes. From her telepathic and telekinetic abilities and her remarkable intelligence. Her absolute specialness in that her species are thought to be superior to everyone else. Oh and "Uncle Picard" makes me want to throw her out an airlock.

Data died in Nemesis. Had he not, Picard(correct spelling) had already chosen Data to be his new First Officer. Data just died before he could take that rank and position. When Riker left, Data would be the new Number One, right hand man to Picard. After all Data was third in command of the Enterprise throughout the entire series and movies and was next in line after Riker to command (something you obviously missed). You really should do a bit more research before you attempt a fan-fic based on a subject matter you're not entirely familiar with.

A single Q could wipe out the entire Borg/8472/Federation species with a single thought. Q are that damn powerful. They want something? They think it. It happens. That's what omnipotent means. I don't think you have an inkling of what they're capable of from what I've read.

Things I'd suggest to make this story better.

1. Strap Lapierre to a photon torpedo and launch her and the torpedo at a borg cube. Hopefully the resulting explosion will take care of her.

2. Scrap the whole Borg/8472 alliance is greater and even a threat to the Q. No one with any knowledge of Trek is going to buy that.

3. If you insist on using Data(as though he didn't get blown up in Nemesis), give him his proper ranking position aboard the ship. Don't substitute your Sue for him. It's downright annoying and an insult to his character.

I apologize if this is your first fiction and my criticism seems harsh, but I feel you have the potential to be a good writer if you do the research and avoid Sues. I'm thinking of going through and writing up a story of my own where all the TNG sues get their just deserts and the crew of the Enterprise will rejoice, not weap. One Wesley Crusher in TNG is enough.
Jenetri chapter 2 . 5/30/2006
It is very unrealistic that specie 8472 don't manage to destroy the Borg in the past but were able to win against the Q. The mental abilities of the Q should be very superior to that of specie 8472.