Reviews for Adjunction to Love
Osa P chapter 17 . 8/16/2006
Hi.

Your story is really good, and not for the plot (since IMO is very light), but for the way you write the characters, dialogue, and other wonderful things.

But... right now i'm a little dissapointed. Someone could start reading this story at chapter 16 and think the pairing would be

Eika / someone... very probably Rei.

With Minako as supporting character.

The great story you were writing has somehow transformed into another one, almost different, and again IMO not very likeable. The subplots you introduced at the beginning (Makoto/Ami, the singing duet) are nowhere to be found, left hanging... And the new one, Eika, is too much a protagonist.

I'm sorry that this, my first review, is on the bad side. But I was happy with your story and i'm just trying to help get it back to how wonderful it was.

And, I promise to review more ;P...

Thanks.

Osa_P
Krampus chapter 17 . 8/15/2006
Wow, I look away for a few days and when I come back this Eika character is everywhere. You took her a lot further than I thought you would, which makes things interesting, but I'm hoping Rei beats her off with a heavy stick in the end. :)

And speaking of beating, yeah, I saw this picture of Usagi and Rei pulling on each other's cheeks and hair and just beating on each other in general. Way to keep up the delightful, longstanding tradition of cheek-pulling! I may have to insert a cheek-pulling scene into my own story in order to keep it going. *strokes chin*
GB Keeper chapter 17 . 8/15/2006
Eika is a very interesting character, to say at the very least. Can't wait for Minako to confront them about what she heard.
Lokiador chapter 17 . 8/15/2006
So, I read chapter 17, and I think it didn't live up to the rest of the story. The reason for it stands in a single name : Eika.

I liked this character in chapter 15 and 16 for she was refreshing, adding a touch of fun and crazyness.

But in this chapter, well, she just takes far too much place. Another reviewer described her as a Mary Sue, I guess that is the word.

I mean, she is just too much : She always has the upper hand, she never says something wrong, she turns Rei, who is supposed to be a mentally strong person into a babbling puppet. In their exchange, Rei only had one time the upper hand, Eika just seems to be always able to say the right thing at the right moment.

And that is the point : she overshadows Minako. She completely throws Rei off balance, and she does it too easily. Not even Mina can do that. And well, since she has entered the stage, she is always in the center of it. Mary Sues are not always bad, but this time she is just too much. Too predictable, no longer fun.

IMO, you should downplay Eika, give her less importance in the story, or make her fail, have her to do some mistakes, to make her more human, more credible. Because she may be a pretty interesting character, for we still don't know what are her purposes.

I may sound rather harsh, but I think it is better to warn you because it might screw a story which was so far interresting and pleasant. So don't take it as a flame, it is not, but as an advice.

See ya.
Teresa Kaiju chapter 17 . 8/15/2006
Eika is wonderfully interesting, and I like her very much. But now she seems to have taken over as the main character of the story. Poor Rei is now a weak and indecisive person who is remarkably easy to manipulate. And Minako seems to have turned into a jealous fool. The way you have treated both Rei and Mina makes me very uncomfortable and greatly reduces the pleasure of reading this story. I'm sorry for the negative review, but I wanted to tell you what I honestly thought.
Spectrum24 chapter 17 . 8/14/2006
I love this story. It always leaves me wanting more. I have to admit, I check for updates way too often, lol. Anyways, keep up the excellent work. Can't wait to see how everything unfolds.
pretend2besome1 chapter 17 . 8/13/2006
Ah so it's like that...yup! I've seen Strawberry Panic but which character do you mean that I need to imagine Eika with?

So Eika really want to help Rei...even when she help Rei get used to the feel of doing something for the sake of the she love, why I still can't trust it?
Estrea chapter 17 . 8/12/2006
I'm still nervous about Eika, she's way too much centered around the Minako-archetype for me to be comfortable when Rei is around her. x_x

Nothing much to say here, although Eika is somewhat endearing in this chapter-must be the shift in focus when she gets all sleepy. Haha.

And yeah, I'd hate to imagine what Minako would really be like if she were really Sugao's daughter. Lol.

Doctor? No I'm no doctor. If I'm ever compared to a doctor, the first thing that comes to mind is Hannibal Lecter. :P *pulls on surgical gloves with a snap* Update soon eh? :P
Courage-Robert chapter 17 . 8/12/2006
haha gez. i hope minako appears soon. the whole rei and eika thing was interesting too. i wonder what minako thinks about rei now?
ThrottaKaze chapter 17 . 8/12/2006
man, I love this story... so cute! n.n You're a very talented writer - I mean hell, you balance out all the nasty moments with laugh out loud comedy and CRAP your romanctic scenes are so... er... romantical 8D

I didn't know what to think about Eika but now I think she's awesome. Great fun XD
royal destiny chapter 17 . 8/12/2006
your welcome for the links. anywho... great chapter! update soon!
littlestdevil chapter 16 . 8/10/2006
LOV IT UPDATE SOON
RioSensei chapter 1 . 8/10/2006
I will gladly admit to being addicted to this fic, and I'll definately continue reading until the last chapter is posted. But you've mentioned before that due to time constrictions, you're rushing the finish, and it seems to be showing more as you continue.

There's only been one major plot point that I've had serious questioning for, enough to step out from lurking and inquire about.

I ran with it for a little while in curiousity, but I'll have to call you out on the Sue, Eika. It almost seems like a Deus ex Machina to try and make everything come to a head at a more accelerated rate. Original character? Sure, no problem! Not only beautiful, charming, successful, a "rival" of sorts for the affections of a main character, mysteriously related to another canon character, but even has a randomly tragic past? An entire chapter showcasing Eika's wit, charm, and apparently her entire background from employment history to family woes?

Coming from the first several chapters, which were very tight plot-wise, as well as emotionally endearing, it seems the further this continues the more you've lost interest in writing it?
Lokiador chapter 16 . 8/10/2006
I hadn't read the missing part of chapter 15 when I reviewed it.

Eika attitude is well... daring, especially toward Rei who seems to be defenseless against her recklessness.

What does she really want ? To get Mina and Rei together so as to get Mina to carry on her carrier (maybe with Rei in a duet) for her uncle's sake? Or just have fun? Or something more?

It seems like Mina rather got the wrong idea as she overheard Eika and Rei exchange in the restroom. Because she seems to be really really upset. Or maybe she actuellay got the right idea, considering Sugao's warning...

I'm eager to read more about it!
Estrea chapter 16 . 8/9/2006
I can't decide in just what way to kill you now. *too many options*

My heart almost stopped when Minako ran off. That was cruel. *glare*

Eika seems to be taking on a more advanced role now. Be careful, you don't want it to overshadow the main pairing, would you?

Me with a needle is hardly scary. Evidently, you haven't seen me with a scalpel and blood on my hands. *grins evilly*

Now update soon! *brandishes a HUGE scalpel with bloodstains on the pointy end* :D
236 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »