Reviews for A Year And A Day
vickety chapter 18 . 9/23/2015
I enjoyed your passionate story. Thanks so much!
Dreams-Twilight chapter 18 . 7/27/2015
amazing, thank you !
Wolf Rebellious chapter 18 . 7/16/2015
Alex is a great OC
loved this story
Guest chapter 18 . 6/1/2015
OMG this is seriously one of the best P&P fanfics I've ever read. always love your stuff. keep it up!
loving-vicariously chapter 18 . 5/23/2015
Another excellent piece of writing, just the right amount of humour and heartache.
Guest chapter 10 . 4/28/2015
Loving the Alex-Charles drama... can't they share Jane together? And yay the wedding's tomorrow!
Guest chapter 8 . 4/28/2015
great story! finally a sexy p&p fic!
Guest chapter 6 . 4/28/2015
Awww, so sweet!
Leandril chapter 18 . 4/20/2015
This story was amazing, so beautifully written and well developed! I loved everything about it but two things that worked exceptionally well were Darcy and Lizzy's loving and passionate relationship and Alex Clifton's story line. I commend you for creating such a character and making his story so satisfyingly bitter sweet. Well done!
Guest chapter 18 . 3/23/2015
I really loved this story... Really. The prtagnist was an OC- Clifton but the story was still very enjoyable and I loved it!
1sunfun chapter 18 . 1/27/2015
Good.
MrsFH chapter 18 . 12/20/2014
Thank you for sharing your excellent Pride & Prejudice story! A lovely variation on the original, and I especially liked the side story of Caroline Bingley's life, and how she eventually got her "Darcy connection".
DDFairchild chapter 1 . 12/18/2014
Forgive me for not reviewing every chapter. I read this story in one sitting. It was that good. Thank you for writing this. I was looking for a Pride and Prejudice story that included equal parts story and smut. First, I adored how much Darcy was in love with Elizabeth. When he said I love you most ardently, he was not lying. There was no room for doubt whether or not Darcy adored her and in return, once the matter was cleared up, I loved how Elizabeth loved him back. I thought you did an excellent job demonstrating how a couple of their time can still adhere to the decorum of their time (although at times, even I blushed at Darcy and Elizabeth's forward antics), yet, have deep abiding passion for each other. The smut was tasteful, even for their time. It was rigid and I'm so glad you didn't force our couple to be destined to a life time of missionary sex. I was not surprised that poor Elizabeth had a child well into her 40s.

I also was deeply entertained by Mr. Clifton. I knew he was in love with Charles. I have to commend you for going forward with Mr. Clifton's character and his homosexuality. Of course a man of his time would think his sexual preference was an affront to God and rather looked at it as a failure. And it was equally good of you to make Darcy as opened minded as I would hope he would have been. He may not have understood it, but he did not judge. I have to say, you made me feel a bit sorry for Caroline. I would never want even my worst enemy to be trapped in a marriage like hers and Clifton. Whether or not their marriage gradually turned into an understanding, it still lacked that one that every should aspire to. It was sad to see them both trapped. I hated the way Caroline lost virginity. That was actually when I began to feel sorry for her. But all in all, she was never a woman prone to romantic notions. So I guess, to each his own.

On another note, Ugh, I hate that Charles blames Darcy for his separation from Jane. This one notion has been bothering me. If Charles was in love with Jane and he allowed the opinions of others to separate them, then the persona at fault is Charles. He should have called on Jane before he left Netherfield and express his feelings. Then, if she seemed indifferent, he should have left. I just think it is a cop-out.

Needless to say, brava, on a wonderful job.
BlueKarou79 chapter 18 . 12/15/2014
That was very good.

I'm very pleased and impressed with the way you handled Alex's story. Life does not need to be perfect to be happy, and at that point in history, his life was probably happier than most men like him. Also Caroline didn't marry for love or anything like it, so I think she made out very well with someone who respected and cared for her.

I have to admit the story was much more M then I was thinking it would be, but I certainly enjoyed the sexy times. Perhaps a bit more warning at beginning would have been in order though. An M rating can mean many things and some people don't like to read the play-by-play (although I am not one of them :).

Seven Darcy children! Wow, I can just picture the halls of Pemberley bursting with all that life after so long being lonely.

Your time line could use some work though. The wedding of D & E kept being referred to as having happened two days ago, even though the various conversations happened over the course of two or three days. Also travel took a long time back then, and while we don't know exactly where Pemberley was, we do know that it was in Derbyshire and that is quite a distance from Hertfordshire (for the travel standards of the day). I don't believe the journey could have been accomplished in one day.
BlueKarou79 chapter 12 . 12/14/2014
Oh geez, I really hope Bingley doesn't cheat on Jane.
403 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »