Reviews for Beneath the Surface
Kari Akiyama chapter 20 . 1/5/2010
Been reading this fic for seemingly forever. Can't believe it's over. Was always one of my favorites. Great Job. You gets lots o candy!
tinkletimekelly chapter 20 . 1/4/2010
Yup! No need for a sequel here. The last chapter, pretty much tied up all lose ends. A "complete" end to a "complete" story! Awesome!
Smeepalicious chapter 20 . 1/1/2010
Orange tic tacs? How can I resist?

Just wanted to take a mo' to thank you for the story. Seeing something like this through to the end requires a great deal of commitment to writing, and we who benefit from a satisfying completion appreciate your dedication. :) So many thanks, it was excellent and I enjoyed following it.

-Smeep
Fallin-Alone-Scared-Lost chapter 20 . 12/31/2009
I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be hateful or flame or anything. I was in a stage were I was trying to be a better reviewer. I'm sorry. I have lots of typos, I know they pop up, you only had one in that chap anyway.

It was great. bubble gum in Ryou's hair, sweet.
dragonlady222 chapter 20 . 12/31/2009
Good ending. Malik got his little revenge and Yami and Bakura got real lives with their loves. Otogi is not happy but I think it's because as frightened as he is of Malik he is attracted to the insane one. Marik does not want his Yami to die and Yugi loves Yami as a friend so, of course a ritual or spell to separate them would not tempt them, in the least. It is 1205 New Years Day so Happy New Years. Congratulations on finishing this, I will miss it though.
flufffmufffin chapter 20 . 12/31/2009
I'm also glad ryou chose to tell them about the puzzle piece.

That's all! I forgot that bit!

Why did I review twice you say?

Because I can! :p

har har. I also just figured out that

I can review as many times as I want anonymously

As different people! Lool yes I know..

What a retard. :p

Now its on to review other stories!

XD
Dragon-Tooth chapter 20 . 12/31/2009
Congratulations! Splended job, ol' chap!

SO glad that you kept the forgiving scene realistic... actually, even what you have is stretching it in my opinion. With Ryou how he is and Bakura... well... being Bakura, I have a hard time believing that Bakura would even try to say something to him. Most of their dialogue is non-vebal anyway and it's not like either would be fooling themselves into thinking that they could remake ties. I don't know... I did like how Ryou told everyone about the puzzle piece though! XD

The ending was perfect. I love Bakura and Mai... the friendship you formed between them is totally wicked. I prefer shipping, but one can't be picky in the world of fanfics.

Looking forward to continuing to read your other fanfics. Once again, awesome job on this one. ;)
Kuroi Fushichou chapter 20 . 12/31/2009
Congratulations! This story was a job very well done. I'm glad Ryou didn't forgive Bakura, it would've seemed out of character. The ending was very satisfying. Thanks for all of your effort and entertainment!
horseygurl89 chapter 20 . 12/31/2009
I can't believe that Beneath the Surface is finally done! *cries* But you did a wonderful job wrapping it up. I agree with your Bakura/Ryou ending. They had both become to totally separate people and too much had happened for them to ever forgive each other and to go back to being hikari/yami, though they both still view each other with their titles.

When Ryou was standing next to the ocean after talking to Marik I thought for a second that he had the puzzle piece and was going to actually throw it into the ocean. I am glad though that Malik kept the piece and laughed when Ryou ratted Malik out to the rest of the gang. Of course Malik got his revenge by putting the gum in Ryou's hair!

Love the ending where Mai and Bakura are getting massages! Definitely the way I would want to end my vacation! I shall miss getting updates from this story but hope that you start another story soon!

Good luck with your writing and life in general! Happy New Year!
pride1289 chapter 20 . 12/31/2009
I don't want a sequel so rest easy on that XD

lawl

sequels usually suck anyways.

I'm going to have to reread this fic tho ; Wasn't paying attention to it XD

har

ANYWAYS

I'm glad you are done with it! Not for you to work on OTHER delicious fics, ja?
xforeverxforgottenx chapter 20 . 12/31/2009
Your right.. People dont like to review final chapters!

Lol m I guess I shouldve signed in..oh well

Everyone has to live their lives based soley on

The good things that they themselves have done.

So I guess its true! When people say you

Shouldn't compare yourself to others!

One part I remeber is bakura thinking

About guilts bitter poison.

That's right..its seems odd how

Its much easier to just drink something

So nasty.. Than to say no. Guilt.

Guilt is a killer!

I think I might understand why people

Like bittersweet endings now..

That way your not escaping reality through

A story.. It reverses. The story is realistic..

And so life can take on a more positive role.

Its hard to learn acceptance.

DONT END AS I FALL yet! Pleaazz

:o

Why does everything have to end! *cries*
Mysia Ri chapter 20 . 12/31/2009
Some stories do not need a sequel. Though I would like to dream that one day Bakura and Ryou have a chance meeting in the distant future just to see that the other has moved on and what not.

But then I'm a fan girl who leans towards tendershipping so I like to imagine they atleast see each other again :p.

Besides, this ending was satisfying and covered all the bases, though I am curious as to why Yami, Marik, and Malik would live in the Game Shop and Yugi and Bakura would move out when the shop in question is owned by Yugi's family...

Also, for all the trouble he caused, having to get a hair cut is the least Ryou can suffer. He can think of it as another step toward starting a new or healing or what not.

Malik was once again amusing and all the loose ends were tied. I don't feel cheated at not learning the secret to Yami/Hikari separation.

Thank you for writing this story. I really should make time to read your other stories :3

Oh, and yay for finishing it on the last day of the year. Seems almost fitting, huh? ;)
AleCat1230 chapter 20 . 12/31/2009
Why not review the last chapter? It gves the aurthor your final opinion. Thank you for answering. I clicked on the link and the first thing I saw was my name and I was like 'No way' And yes I was new so thank you for the tackle. -tackle back- I like how Ryou left saying 'In case you care Malik has the piece' In that situation I am not comepletely sure how I would react but I am scared of what you would do. Poor Ryou though, he has bubble gum in his beautiful white hair. That was mean and Malik did that /before/ he was ratted out. I like to give longer reviews. Don't know why but I do. I feel like I am forgettin gto say something. I'll probably think of it after I send this. Bye and thank you for the awesome story!
The Dark Side Has Yaoi chapter 20 . 12/31/2009
CHAN! Gotta love that guy.
S.A.M.Thedragongirl chapter 20 . 12/31/2009
Awesome chapter, I like the ending between mai and Bakura, so nice. And I'm glad everyone's worke dout their problems... strangely enough, i feel so sorry for poor Mailk. Evne though he was so mean in hiding the last peice.

Malik: Alright! Let's not open that wound!*Messages a black eye*

Me:*Bursts into Laughter*

Bakura: Now whats' wrong with the psycho girl?

Ryou*Mutters* Liek yoru one to talk*

Me: Ryou, quit it, and to answer yoru question I was reading my review from chapter 19, and I foudn myself laughing so hard!

Malik: You enjoy our misery?

Me: Yeah, pretty much. XD

Malik: Now I REALLY wanna shave your head.

Me: And Now I'm REALLY gonna turn YOUR hair hot pink and Bakura's Baby Blue!*Opens up OpenOffice file*

Malik and Bakura: NO! *Tackles and proceeds to tie up*

Me: HEY! I cna't eat my orange tick-taks like this!*Pouts*

Bakura: Tough.

Malik: I'll get the shaver!*runs off to find said hair cutter*

Me: You think it's wise to have HIM go get it?

Bakura: Now that you say that... Malik!*Walks off*

Me: *Sturggles to try and get out of rope* Help!
528 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »