Reviews for Fragment
Anon chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
I always forget that Faramir was also of the Numenor. But I agree with Faramir here good memories are better than empty ones. In the pain of grief there is the joy of life and laughter received before.
Duchess Winna chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
This was totally heartbreaking, and so completely Eowyn - I think you write her so beautifully and realistically, so like she is in the books. I can completely imagine her thinking all of this. Lovely work.
Valiowk chapter 1 . 6/25/2006
This was stunning! Indeed, we know that Faramir will outlive Éowyn, and that his days without her will be lonely and harsh, but few have explored what it is like to anticipate such a bleak future. It's precisely because Faramir's love for Éowyn is so strong that Éowyn's fear is all the more evident, and the thought of parting is all the more heartrending.

Congratulations on your hundredth story! Here's wishing you success with your future stories!
AgentRusco chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
Quote wonderful. I'm a Ringer myself. Can't forget that fandom, though I'm sucked into Fireflyness.
Ana Sedai chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
How like Eowyn to fear that her intimacy issues will prevent her from loving Faramir the way he loves her. The idea that love heals all wounds is attractive and romantic but, as we all know, is also unrealistic. That young woman went through a lot of emotional trauma in her life, and while Faramir's love would probably heal most of it, there will always be some part of her that remains distant.

It's a hard thing, giving yourself to another person. And for Eowyn, who spent most of her life struggling to retain her identity and dreams while both were nearly shredded, it would be even more difficult.

And here's the tragedy of it all: the fear of giving yourself may be strong, but the fear that you will leave nothing behind of any substance is even stronger.

Very good story, well-worded and with just the right touch of bittersweet tragedy.
Good Queen Vold chapter 1 . 6/2/2006
Wow, a beautiful piece! I never find anything good any more, but all I have to do is come to your page and find the best. Seriously, darling, you've got a lot of talent, and this piece perfectly describes how I feel today. It was comforting.

Write more - whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be amazing. :)

~Christie
Nobodyknowsmenow chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
(sobs) so sad! but I don't know... I knew my Grandfather was dying, but I wouldn't have wished not to know and love him...

Great story! Great!
Lirazel chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
Sometimes I really hate you. But only because I envy the beauty and simplicity of your diction. That was heartbreaking and beautiful (two words that come to mind when I think of your work). Congratulations on one hundred, and thank you for every one.
PNT chapter 1 . 5/27/2006
This is quite lovely. Beautifully written, and I detect a certain Tolkein-ness to you style. However, you made a couple spelling and grammar errors. In the second line, for example, I think you meant 'inevitable' rather than 'evitable'. This is still extremely good, though. Out of sheer curiosity, which pairing is this? I'd guess Faramir/Eowyn, but I'm notoriously bad at this kind of stuff.

Once again, great job.