Reviews for A Mother's Love
Aww! So sweet!
BollywoodRocks chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
This was so cute!
Sandshrew777 chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
I really think this is such a precious idea.

The Pevensies really do think of Mrs. Beaver as a mother, and you accurately show that here. It's very sweet, and a touching moment to pursue.

Could you complicate things a bit, however? You have a bare bones fic of action, and don't get me wrong - you choose to include all of the necessary scenes, with tight, neat narration.

But introspection is missing. Give Lucy more time to come up with the idea. Have her bounce it around in her head. Make Susan mull it over more. Same for Peter and Edmund. Give us their thoughts on Mrs. Beaver, and, if you can, show us a few scenes of interaction between Mrs. Beaver and the appointed Pevensie to get that emotion across.

Then, when you get to Mrs. Beaver, really wail on it. Let her take the stage, so to speak. Put the spotlight and focus on her. How is she feeling? What does she think about the Pevensies? Really let her have her moment in the sun. :)

A lovely idea, overall. I think you've got the outline of a great story here. If you can complicate it when the characters' thoughts and feelings, I think you'll really have a gem. :D

Nice job!

Keep writing.
InactiveNotUsed chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
This is a great little companion piece to "For Want of a Mother" and works really well - I particularly like the way that you have captured the personalities of each of the siblings in a few simple lines. You have also made the Cair seem populated - which few people do! So, kudos for that!

All in all, a great story and one which works very well indeed.
King Caspian the Seafarer chapter 1 . 12/2/2007
That was great! I love the beavers. They are so...great. You did them really well, even down to their awesome accents! Very well done.
Alice-in-french chapter 1 . 5/29/2007
I adored your portrayal of the beavers!

~Arawen
Lady Aescwyn chapter 1 . 4/18/2007
Aww! I loved it! (huggles the wonderful fluffyness)
blerghy chapter 1 . 11/26/2006
Aw, sweet! Great story! :) :)
Aqua Mage chapter 1 . 7/24/2006
Brilliant. Just brilliant.
Almyra chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
Oh! *clapping hands in glee* You did it!

This was so sweet. I loved Lucy darting about ferreting everyone out of their rooms and into action. She certainly is hard to resist. "March, mister!" hee hee! And I liked Peter out looking for the perfect bouquet. What a High King... :oD

You got the Beavers spot on, and I really like the idea of the Pevensies visiting them. I suppose as they get older and more enmeshed in their reign, the visits got fewer and further between, but hopefully they kept up the custom of at least bringing flowers on Mother's Day.

This was great - thank you so much for writing it! :o)
elecktrum chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
A second part! Joy! Mrs. Beaver flustered! Everything I could want!
Lucks chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
Aw! This was so cute! I loved it! Keep it up!

. .:.