Reviews for ReiBane
Devil Doll chapter 10 . 10/21/2014
At this stage of the story my bet for Rei's True Name would be "儷" (rei / companion).
Guest chapter 4 . 10/21/2014
The only surprising scene for me was Rei lecturing Rakka about her not trusting the Communicator.
Rei appears to have understood Washi's role exceptionally fast.

Ikari's dream was great - and now I get why Kana had to slap him.
Guest chapter 3 . 10/21/2014
Rei being in Reki's shoes (with Sumika playing Kuramori's role) was a highlight, as was Rei starting to "live up to her new name".

Wonderful scene with Rei pondering who she was, and the "angel" scene with Sumika.
Having Rei use her A.T. field came as a blow. Although it probably puts an end to the bullying, she's going to be a freak for the remainder of her time in Glie because of this.
But this might have been necessary for her to find out more about her nature.

I do think Toga go beyond the market - remember Rakka's experience in the well.

I wonder whether Glie has a tape recorder for Ikari.
Devil Doll chapter 2 . 10/21/2014
It is a lot of fun to see the Haibane deal with Rei's antics (her comment on Reki's bed was a bullseye, as was Rakka's response). Rei ignoring her pain was almost necessary at this stage.
Both newborns being able to immediately master the wings routine at the temple was consistent to the drill they experienced elsewhere. Ikari's cello play was a nice touch.

I didn't exactly get why Rei wouldn't be familiar with the concept of winter though (even more so as her home elsewhere isn't that different from the run-down Old Home).
On the other hand, meeting Ikari turned out to be a game changer for the blue-haired girl who suddenly became a lot more active and involved (as she should).

At this stage of reading there are two major things that I'm wondering about:
a) Will you include the famous scene with Ikari in Rei's room (as the boy already gave us a hint about moving to Old Home)?
b) Will you take up the challenge of constructing "true names" for Rei (that might be difficult with just one kanji, but perhaps "zero" will suffice) and Ikari?
Devil Doll chapter 1 . 10/21/2014
I consider Rei very much in character here.
The only thing I might want to emphasize more would be her ability to endure pain - she should behave differently from Rakka during her wings coming out, as I consider this more of her signature trait than, say, disliking meat.

And I chuckled about the "unfamiliar ceiling".
HuuskerDu chapter 15 . 9/19/2013
This is a good place to end the story, IMHO. The rest should be up to the imagination of the reader.
Toby860 chapter 15 . 12/17/2011
what's going on became so far into the story and now you just stopped. please for the love of all that is good and holy finish the last chapter. this is my profile name but I'm on iphone please message me please.
WindRiver chapter 1 . 11/4/2008
Sweet story, personally i think it can end right where it is. Let your imagination take over. Although if you want to close everything off i also look foreward to chapter sixteen hope to see it eventually.
Dibonium chapter 15 . 9/24/2008
It has almost been a year now since you posted Ch 15 and you promised a final chapter to finish this story up. I really enjoyed this story and found it to be one of the most successful haibane crossovers i have ever read. I am looking forward to a conclusion to this story and i even periodically look this story up again in the off chance that the story alert for new chapters added was not sent. Sadly there still is no Ch 16 and i want to know when it will be written.

from a fan who started reading this story on 05-28-06 and is still waiting for its conclusion over 2 years later...
Anonymous chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
A well written story and interesting story. FYI: although it is not mentioned in the "Haibane Renmei" anime, there is a third nest known as the "artist's colony". Surely that would been a more appropriate place for Shinji to have hatched, since it would have suited her personality far better than the abandoned factory would have.

But you do need to explain how the Renmei knew that Rai was named Rai! They learned Rakka's name because she signed for her clothing, but how did they learn of Rai's name?
Alucard180 chapter 15 . 10/8/2007
this is an interesting turn,

update soon
James Axelrad chapter 15 . 10/7/2007
an exceptional chapter. looking forward to more.
mangafreak7793 chapter 15 . 10/7/2007
wow this is really good
dennisud chapter 15 . 10/7/2007
Glad you got to this point though the other haibane will be so sad.

I have the feeling i know where they'll go and with 'both' of them going there I have the feeling Lillith will get her just desserts!

Great job!

dennisud
Sdarian chapter 15 . 10/7/2007
While I'm happy that the story is progressing, I'm also sad that it is ending. This has been a really good story and I hope this carries through to the end. While I do think it was a bit of a let down to have it skip several years, it's fine. I can understand wanting to keep the story moving along, and heading towards the ending. I've read several stories where they should have done something like that and instead get bogged down in the day to day details of unimportant events, eventually leading to chapters that are a waste of time to read as nothing is happening. Anyway, good job on the story, and good luck with the next chapter!