Reviews for The Cavalry
Keedra2173 chapter 8 . 12/12/2014
What a lovely cast. I wish you were still writing th8s. Good story.
KrisB-71854 chapter 8 . 8/14/2014
I just stumbled across this fic today. This is totally awesome. It's sad that your muse dried up on it.

If you ever could possibly think to write in this sand box, you should write his road trip which gathered all these people.

The one bit that I was rather mixed on was him carrying a Prince of Hell within him. After reading that it was the Protector of Man currently known as Alexander that was around to drive off the first demons, I'd have figured that you'd have made him something like a high lander style immortal while in their reality, but coming back home to the distant past where he needed to set things up, but first arrange to kick the demons off Earth.

Well, that could be an interesting sequel as well, but he'd basically have lived through that time twice. I liked Dawn being the person that he told his secrets to. Dawn seemed more of his current priest though.

You did good here.
dragon-game chapter 8 . 6/17/2014
Good story.
I hope you continue it.
bigfan22 chapter 8 . 4/28/2014
Damn...I can't believe this story was abandoned. You have so many wonderful crossovers, that this has been a pleasure to read. I really hope your muse comes back to you one day, because I really want to know how the Scoobies react to what Xander has been through. Great job!
Unseen Watcher chapter 4 . 7/31/2013
I love how you see Xander. Great fic.
TrisakAminawn chapter 7 . 3/28/2013
Er...obviously, things are ridiculously overconvenient and Buffy has been reduced to a caricature. Lots of amusing things, though. I especially liked Oz and Robocop as a duo, although this is so dialogue-focused and they're so silent they didn't actually 'duo' that much. And Alucard, probably because he's so utterly over-the-top.

You confused the *hell* out of me when Constantine showed up, because since he was looking for 'Ripper' I naturally assumed him a blond English warlock notable for his bloody-minded stubbornness, loose yet persistent morals, inability to stop everyone around him from dying horribly, and the way he seems to regularly get the advantage of far more powerful beings. Especially since his cosmology meshes a lot better with the Buffyverse. That he was the Catholic Californian rhymes-with-mean threw me for a loop. Though I suppose it shouldn't, with Nosferatu running around.
Yusuke Urameshi - Mazoku chapter 8 . 1/5/2013
Love this fic! Please update.
ChaosRune chapter 8 . 3/7/2012
I just want to say, Buffy is a bitch and I wish she would die like she should have in the show. The rest of the fic is excellent
Sailor Pandabear chapter 8 . 7/9/2011
cool
wild wolf free17 chapter 8 . 7/6/2010
This was a lot of fun. I wish there were more.
Blackdex chapter 8 . 4/25/2010
please continue at some point. ciao
Lightning Skies chapter 7 . 4/13/2009
This whole concept is simply fantastic. I keep giggling like a demented 2 year old whenever someone new shows up. The only one I think should be there who isn't is The Crow. I initially thought that was the Eric that Xander called in the first chapter, but it turned out to be Blade.
Red Jeanie chapter 8 . 3/8/2009
You got a Gem here any chance of an update?
EnwXan chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
Thanks for extending 'Xander's Irregulars' into 'The Cavalry', I have really been enjoying it. When's the next chapter due "hint hint". I can't wait to see how the guys get their act together and stomp The First flat.

My fave is Xander, I stopped watching the show, well before the end, so my knowledge of the last few seasons is a bit iffy. But I quite like the fanfics where HE is the lead or main character. So thats how I've been somewhat keeping upto date, well trying. I think part of of why I like his character is I always used to feel so sorry for him, after all the 'special two' B/W treated him like something you'd scrape of your shoe so many times, despite his obvious loyalty and G wasn't much better. I mean Faith might have tried to kill him but at least she was honest about it unlike others I could mention.

So you can understand that I liked your Buffy bashing, because as you might have guessed I'm not her greatest fan. After all if it wasn't for The First getting free, she'd be more expendable than anybody. I mean it's like "The King (or Slayer) is dead, Long live the King". They'll be another one along in a minute or less. And lets not speak about her screwed morals, morals I said! Let alone hopping into bed with what was it at last count three or four corpses so far, necrophilia anyone? EW. GROSS! Why doesn't she just dig up a grave or two, when the current one gets "stinky" and no souls lost.

Re the kiss I mean come on Willow, it takes two to tango, yet Xander's the only one that got blamed. I think Xander was expecting to die in a few minutes and no sign of rescue. Wouldn't anyone have done it just to see what they might have been missing all those years.

And what is it with Angel? Are the words, stalker (from day one) coward (Prophecy Girl), paedophile, and statutory rape (Surprise) not in his vocabulary. Everytime he does something wrong he says the "devil made me do it", I thought he was in charge of the body. If he really wanted to go for redemption, he'd have walked off into the sunrise or staked himself a century ago and taken his chances. B always keeps saying it's Angelus that's 'evil', so why didn't she just dust him and send him to hell. Or can't she tell the difference anymore. Just how sure was she that Liam himself not Angelus, you know that drunken, womanising, layabout, would be in hell. He had just as much chance of going upstairs not down, or ending up in purgatory (which is supposed to be in between I think). I mean what gave her and Willow the right to snatch/steal a soul out of heaven or that it would BE Liam, what if they didn't get the right one, and it was some total innocent? Hey children go to heaven too, or so I'd like to believe.

Sorry I'd better wind this up before I get on my bandwagon about the PTB, they're not exactly competent are they? Out of the whole world, they end up choosing a vampire slayer that has almost let the world go to hell a number of times, Acathla for one instance and likes nothing more than having her prey between her thighs (there's a word for that). And a vampire whose main attributes seem to be how to slink in dark corners, give cryptic advice as per a balance demon, brood and wear good clothes. Oh and keep the hairgel companies in profit. Just where does he get the money anyway? Do the PTB have him on an allowance or something, as I can't see Angelus as being one to save for a rainy day, unless its "happy meals" of course. And before you say it, Angle might have known where the money was but he didn't have the money in the Hyperion, until after he moved in, so where does he get his day to day living expenses, to pay for his blood and hair gel, if nothing else? Stripper, gigolo, first breaking and entering, he'd be a wiz at that.

Sorry again, but this is the last goodbye, unless I get in touch again. Keep writing. I wish, oops used the "W" word had the capacity for it, I have lots of ideas, just can never get them down on paper. Perhaps I should send in a few challenges, someone might be desperate enough to use one as a story idea. Well ALL THE BEST, bring on chapter nine, through four hundred and fifty two, (ha ha) just kidding (a bit). Bye.

Ferraina chapter 8 . 2/5/2009
I suppose you have abandoned this story?