Reviews for A Simple Gift
katie janeway chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
Hmm...I like this take on Amon's motivation in giving Robin the glasses. Great job!
Scarlett Foxie chapter 1 . 6/10/2006
I really liked this. Bravo!
Letenastare chapter 1 . 6/5/2006
Yes... 100 words and a very meaningful text. I really was wondering what you could have written in 100 words that could strike the reader. But it works.

omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
I liked this 100 word one shot too!

(And please tell Bakabokken not to be silly, her writing isn't 'horrible' and you did a very good thing in plugging her work!)

I think you did a great job capturing Amon's ambivalence towards Robin. She's a witch, and thus technically an enemy, yet he picks up on her vulnerablility and can't quite stop himself from finding a way to help her. The iceman has a heart after all, though he'd rather walk over hot coals barefoot than admit it!

Thanks for the reminder of why I liked his character so much!
Dread Pirate Rinja chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
Yay! You posted it! :D Haha, but there's no need to advertise for my horrible writing... XD; Anyway, I still enjoyed this as much as I did the first time I read it. Definitely going in my favorites list (over at Delle Reed, where I list my favorite drabbles ;D). Awesome job! You really packed a lot into 100 words, and I really like how you characterized Amon. :D
Terry-McElrath chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
Hi, Zig-zag!

Very nice! I enjoyed Amon's inner thoughts very much, especially his decision to 'even the odds' a bit. I highly respect your decision to tackle a 100-word challenge. It is a very difficult writing form, and I would not be able to do it myself. Congratulations on a very nice ficlet!

Terry