Reviews for Best Enemies: Redux
bluerose45 chapter 12 . 9/12/2011
is that where rinacat from

got it from i love that scene
bluerose45 chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
best story love it
Twisted-Wun chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
One of the best I've read. I much enjoyed this one.
Mengsk chapter 15 . 10/21/2010
It's like how they ended the Soprannos. Everything going to hell, the FBI on the verge of taking him down, outstanding issues everywhere and it end's with Tony sitting down to have dinner as a family.

Sometimes leaving a little mess is a good way to wrap up a story, even if you do not plan a sequel. It was a good ending. Those referrances to how much Shego hates mind control in almost every chapter finally become relevant. Hearing that over and over again was becoming irritating. WE KNOW!

...

Drakken didn't think some of these happenings were odd? I really hope you did not have him take this lightly. He truly values Shego. He's as loyal to her as anyone in his life. Hearing about this is going to be a deep hurt.
Mengsk chapter 14 . 10/21/2010
I wish I could honestly say young people in love have more tact than Kim displayed at that dinner. They honestly don't. Annoying little passion stuck monkies. How awkward for Ron. How rude of Kim.

Point of contention - Giving weapons to the Osama's boys, who could have seen that turning around and biting them in the ass? Honestly? Besides, it worked. The Soviets were mauled. Getting involved wasn't the problem. Funding for schools and infulstructure suddenly drying up when they were of no more use was the problem. I think they realised they were used.

Overwise I see you're point on how Director wants her Justice organisation to remain just. Pusishment fitting the crime. Are you sure stealing a component for the intent of building a weapon of mass destruction does not incure harsher penelties? Already she must have racked up multiple life sentences on escapes.
Mengsk chapter 13 . 10/21/2010
What the hell did they put in the pepper spray? That's non-lethal? Designed for crowd control? I don't mush like protesters either but those little bastards have good lawyers.

Worst security ever! Those guys with guns just going to sit back and let Anne go in when they have someone on the cam? Letting a family member of the apparent victim call the shots! What about Betty? Neat trick with the passover but she never made a move!

Shego a tad obsessive. Where is Ron?

So it becomes clear where they stand on their feelings but clarity marks new complications. This feeling between them is not there private. Not when it endangers the interests of their respective allies.
Mengsk chapter 11 . 10/21/2010
See. Much more subtle. Much more effective.

At this stage I would be having Drakken realise something was very wrong and had him approach Ron with a plot to destroy their friendship for the good of both of them. Or simply have the coffee shop blown up. If you've left him with a spine at all after subing as cheerleader for Kim he would not take this betrayal lightly. But, hey, I'm evil.

Does Yori want Ron or does Sensei want his genetics? An MMPowered next generation would be a great asset.
Mengsk chapter 8 . 10/21/2010
No Ron on the mission huh? No Ron to be found anywhere really. I get that you're trying to do this from Kim and Shego's point of view but keeping track of background characters is important. His opinion on the decline of Ron night perhaps? Where does he stand on Kim's catostrophic romances?

You had Drakken chear? Does no one understand the concept of a villain anymore?
Mengsk chapter 6 . 10/21/2010
She's having coffee with a wanted felon and the talk was about relationships?

Seriously?

No, seriously?

I'm detecting the subtle, as a swift kick and a rodgering, shift to relationship drama. I was hoping you would play this out and not make it lust at first sight. Let them grow on each other.

Although, I'm too demanding. Any other authors this many chapter in they'd be on their honeymoon.

...

Interesting how it is Kim who keeps saying as gay or crush, not Anne or Monique. What the other girls are saying 'could' be read that way of course (very, very, heavily) but they don't say it.

Who says they have to be gay to enjoy each others company? Felons need to express themselves too! When they realise they have no one, boy, can they find unlikely people to confide in!
Mengsk chapter 5 . 10/21/2010
Oh, so you're educating Kimmie in the grey slice of life? One of my favourites. Only there are different shades. It's more complicated than boom, the terrorist dies or headshot, Ron is saved.

Hego was the only one who did the decent thing.
Mengsk chapter 4 . 10/20/2010
I can imagine this chapter got some irritation out of the crowd when it first came out. Shego going easy on Kim? Ron's 'lovable' antics a contributing factor to the break up? You must have been popular.

Each makes sense. They're logical. I've even defended both standpoints before in a round about way. You frame Ron especially in a negative light. So easy to forget the good times after the fact. Only the bad.

...

They were right not to make Shego a Master, PS. There is a moral element to traditional martial arts.
Mengsk chapter 3 . 10/20/2010
I was going to answer because you can't find where you parked.

I don't know how much of the original, if any, was written pre-season 4. If I imagine the original there is a a feeling of being newer and more relevant with updated scenes for the times. It is exciting. But it comes at the cost of being disjointed.

Reminding people or the Alien thing throws us off. Kim and Ron seemed like the perfect couple there. Drakken and Shego seemed to be throwing in the villain towel. Too late because you've already finished but I would stress key little details to help ease in season four like how Kim and Ron had already tried the relationship thing and broken up before the Miss Go episode.
Mengsk chapter 2 . 10/20/2010
This would work well as a plan to kill her too. I'm a fan of any sort of randomness to throw supperior foes off form.

Mixing her reasons in with the Miss Go saga is sound. I was under the impression this series predated season 4 and feared it wouldn't mesh well. Or it that the updates you've been working on.

Well, it remains the first not entirely hamfisted reason for them start feeling something for each other. I'm also glad to see Shego is mistaking what she feeling. Using her logic to tell her what it must be. More natural progression.
Mengsk chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
This took me too long to find. You'd think the logical place for the first in the series would be at the bottom of the list! If I had seen it in the weekend. Anywho, don't be put off if I only make it to the third chapter tonight. I'm just going to stagger my way through this in the spare time, two or three chapters at a time. Busy week.

The writing is fine. I don't know how better to put it. It's so good I can't even think of a comment for it. It just rolls off the page. Granted you've now had multiple opportunities to fine tune it and get it right.

I do think you've been caught out when did something to delete all our page breaks between scenes. The Kim and Shego perspectives, actually I had no problems here but I expect they might blurr into each other later.

...

And that's where the drifting apart starts. They don't want to. But they're not practically twins anymore. Oh, Kim and Ron will remain good friends but they each find a significant other in their lives who means what each other used to mean.

I always believed it would be enivitable if they broke up or never got together. I know you didn't go down that path exactly from flicking through other pieces, but the relationship between the three still buffles me thus far. I'll find out soon enough. Still, the drifting was an option. This reads like you were setting up for it.
Teresa Kaiju chapter 4 . 8/1/2010
A good story to read can save a really bad day. Thanks for writing this one, it's giving me a good time!
244 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »