Reviews for Blood Relations
Emi-Ly Sway chapter 19 . 1/12/2014
I loved it! Badass Charlie is so rare but so awesome.
EmilyChelidon chapter 19 . 10/19/2013
Wow, I really loved it! It's really great to read a story so fluently written, with a real plotline and lots of action and suspense.

You did a fantastic job writing Charlie, especially managing to get him to kick some ass whilst still staying true to his character. The way he is going through the stats for abduction and ransom while he's being abducted, calculating Pi to stay calm. You develop his character very well having him become more open and not freaking out and hiding behind his math - and I love his great escape out the window!

Don was also excellently portrayed. The sibling rivalry was believable, worked for the story and didn't go overboard. You showed us his sensitivity as well as the gun-slinging tough guy.

Thanks for entertaining me so well for the last hour :D Are you thinking of working on any more stories? - Emily
Cutter12 chapter 19 . 4/10/2011
I was hooked from the uniquely intriguing opening to the warm and oh so satisfying conclusion. Thanks for writing. :D
Music Marauder chapter 19 . 11/16/2010
Brilliant story. I quite enjoyed the read. Although, I almost had a heart attack when it wasn't known if Charlie escaped the room before the gunshots...or in the alleyway. The ending chapter was great...I loved that they were playing Scrabble. Thanks for posting. :)
Sonic Serendipity chapter 19 . 2/16/2010
D'aw. This story makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, like I swallowed a chinchilla. Few authors can hug the line of sentiment and remain true to the characters, but you manage it. Bless their repressed male hearts.

By the by, I loved your Action!Charlie. The math hobbit triumphs again! *upraised fist of success*
Wenwalke chapter 19 . 9/20/2009
Wow that was a great story for your first. I just found it and read it straight through.

The plot and the interaction between Don and Charlie was so in character. Glad it was a complete story, waiting for each chapter would have been hard.
epalladino chapter 19 . 6/26/2009
I believe I first read this story on another site. It was well worth reading again. Love it. Thanks, Beth
LadyAmadea88 chapter 19 . 1/13/2009
Hahaha! That was so great! APOLOGIZE! I caught myself thinking why he was so angry and wanted Don to apologize! That is just great.

Thank you for this story it really made me happy today!
exitlight chapter 18 . 10/12/2008
This had my heart hurting for Charlie! Good work!
Anna chapter 19 . 4/22/2008
Great story! I really liked how it managed to have a lot of emotion and danger, but without getting too unbelievable. It really felt like I was reading a script for the show in story form. Keep up all the great work.
1st endeavor chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
When I first discovered "fanfiction" about a year ago, this story was the first one that I was really impressed with. Your writing skills are just amazing. Since then, I have read all of your stories and I hold them all in the highest regard. You have even inspired me to try it myself.

I sincerely hope that your health will improve and I wait paatiently for the next chapter in "Child of My Heart."

Vicki
Lutralutra chapter 19 . 10/6/2007
Wow, this story was awesome! I can't believe this was your first fanfic, it's totally professional. I really liked your chapter titles, although I'll admit I rarely knew what they meant. :P I thought you made Don's behaviour during Charlie's abduction very realistic, and of course all the brother scenes were wonderfully put together. Super job, you deserve extravagant praise. :)
leeya chapter 19 . 7/16/2007
hi,

I really have nothing conductive to say seeing as your story has kinda scrambled my mind. Just thought I should stop by and tell you how much I enjoyed reading this. You've got some serious talent... so thanks a lot for sharing this!

love,

leeya
ferryboat George chapter 19 . 6/26/2007
Wow, wonderful story. That one had me on the edge of my seat.
Coop chapter 19 . 1/28/2007
Hey! I just read all of this in one sitting...well this and When it Rains...

I enjoyed both immensely and look forward to reading more of your work (as for right now, I should probably go to bed). A few things though, I thought I'd mention - even with the revision there were a couple of errors you missed. I didn't take note (as I normally would) of the chapter because I was so intent on the story. Ep! I do remember though, in one of the earlier chapters you used 'thru' for 'through' - and while the use of 'thru' /is/ becoming more common, it's still quite jarring. I suggest finding yourself a beta or two for future stories, just because it can't hurt! (Please, please don't think this is a negative comment on you're writing - it's the opposite! I hate it when a great and well written fic has just those one or two minor errors that pull me out of the zone.)

Everything else was great though. Loved the characterisation, especially of Don. Very, very few writers manage to make Don cry in a believable fashion, but you totally managed.

Keep writing and I promise I'll keep reading!