Reviews for The Last Candle
resett chapter 14 . 9/21/2014
You're awesome! I read this story years ago (back when I was... what? Twelve?) and now I've read it again! (I admit the first time I read it I only got half of the ideas, given my english wasn't that good back then). I applaude you for your talent, I think I've also read your other stories (might as well review on them, remembering good ol' times).
I must say, Kurtis not being Kurtis at the end was kind of expected and yet it was SUCH A BIG PLOT TWIST that I just had to say out loud.
Again, this was worth reading.
See you around!
Guest chapter 14 . 7/23/2013
This was perfect! I finished the whole story in one night, it's about to be 5 a.m. here ._. I just couldn't stop reading! It's well worth my sleepless night, I only wished Kurtis to be alive at the end :p Anyway thank you for writings this beautiful fic :D

And can someone tell me if the sign on the door meant that she's a Lux Veritatis now? I have always dreamt of Lara being one, soo :p
Andrea Christoph chapter 14 . 8/5/2012
And now that you told me it was actually finished, I'm gonna review it! Because I had to rush over here and finish.

Love your writing. I'm so happy that you wrote so much AoD fiction, because it means there's plenty to re-read. I love your Lara and Kurtis interpretations (they aren't overly sappy or depressed, they stay very in character). As for this fic in particular, I'm actually glad that Kurtis ended up being dead in the end, because it's different! And makes her mourning at the beginning and then later on her happiness at seeing him alive more potent. Loved it!

Though I thought for sure that the 'demons' were just going to be the souls of L.V. warriors trying to kill the demon and Kurtis!demon was lying to her, haha.
Artisa chapter 14 . 9/26/2011
Okay, just to be clear - was that their way of saying thank you or was she just appointed a Lux Veritatis membership?

Either way, I felt REALLY bad when it was mentioned that Winston was gone - it's like at the end of the day, she's the only one left standing! Returning to a manor that's dark and empty, dragging herself there on her own with no one to help her! I mean how much more can this woman take? She's human! Really touched a nerve :(

Sad ending! And yet perfect! D': I'm gonna have to re-read this to jog my memory on some bits but it's so worth reading again!

You. Are incredible. I love you, and thank you thank you THANK YOU for this amazing story!

I think I'll just slink off to that corner there and cry now. :P
Artisa chapter 13 . 9/26/2011
Yeah I kinda forgot most of the appearances those two made, except at the border, and the reporter part :P

OMG what an amazing chapter though! It was crushing when he turned into Kurtis again, and the whole thing with the silence and then the revenge - WOW! And I LOVED the gun clattering to her side! I'm just gonna pretend it was Kurtis who started fighting the demons and Kurtis who got her gun back!

Also, the bit with her crying out with effort and mourning as she pushed the demon over - amazing!

Kay, gonna start on that last chapter now! :P
Artisa chapter 12 . 9/19/2011
Holy SHIT! It was Karel this whole time? Seriously? D: Either that or some random demon wanting the chirugai AAHHHH! OMG KURTIS IS REALLY DEAD!

Omg omg omg omg omg the convergence of all those chapters to this one epiphany - simply amazing. I mean I'm at a loss for words - you're a literary genius!

I can't - GAH! I'm just... gonna wait for the next chapter quietly now.

Damn.
Artisa chapter 11 . 9/12/2011
OMG that was so exciting! Kept on gawking at everything happening - first I wondered if the whole plane was full of demons since no one was reacting, then I thought they were all dead! A fight in a frozen plane! That is so damn WICKED! :D :D

And Kurtis wasn't affected by it? :O Was it a sleeping thing or a Lux thing I wonder? GAH! He doesn't even remember! D:

Ha HA foreshadowing! Who's the army guy? :D
Artisa chapter 10 . 9/5/2011
Back to the mountains of Mordor to destroy the one chirugai to rule them all! Lol

Haha I love Kurtis in early-morning mode! XD But he freaked me out a little bit after the chirugai incident! D: To the point where I wasn't sure it was really him or not! And it was so weird how he 'came back' like that! He just woke up in his house! :O

Got a bit of a typo here somewhere - you wrote "End of story" minus the "story" ;)
nemesis chapter 9 . 8/31/2011
I'm very happy you decided to continue this great story; I'd really love to know how things will progress between Lara & Kurtis and all the supernatural events that have been occurring.

I love demon tales by the way and at some point Kurtis has to leave up to his title as a Demon Hunter...

Keep it up!
Artisa chapter 9 . 8/29/2011
Had to take a peek at a couple of other chapters to remind me which story I was reading cos DAMN it's been a while! Yet THANK you for not giving up on it like other authors might! :D

Hehe it was funny when she said "No! God no, I meant the storm!" XD XD

OMG I would be running screaming from that house if I saw lights turning on and books flying off the shelves on their own accord! D: It really creeped me out! D:

So someone or something clearly wants her to destroy the spiky frisbee lol, but who or what exactly? Not sure if it's Putai anymore...

Anyways, thanks for getting back to this! :)
isaalacrymosaa chapter 8 . 5/6/2011
very good history

you must continue it!

:D
theharshlightofday chapter 8 . 10/13/2006
*marks out at mention of Poe*

Hehe. I *loved* this chapter. Lots of little intricacies and details that I immensely enjoyed. Kurtis as hot as usual. Plot as imaginative and fresh... The demon manifesting itself as an element was wonderful. I'm gonna have to be careful not to subconsciously copy your ideas of the Lux Veritatis when I write XD

And I deserve to be punished for reviewing so late. Is Kurtis free after his session with Lara? *innocent grin*

Linzi xx
Gaisha chapter 8 . 9/18/2006
This story is awesome. I LOVE it. I'm so glad you updated, and I hope you update ASAP again. It's one of the most original fics I've ever read.
bm16 chapter 8 . 9/17/2006
Lol! I enjoyed this chapter. I'm looking foward to the next update! :P
damian-m chapter 8 . 9/17/2006
great chapter looking forward to the next one. I wish i had your writing talent. (couldn't be bothered logging in my e-mail is very long)