Reviews for Return Us The Children
Guest chapter 11 . 6/16/2014
Bitter sweet end!
Parting from one's parent is difficult, very difficult! I can still remebmer my hurt times when I was studying on compus! And mine was obly temporary!
kristen chapter 5 . 6/26/2006
I remember reading some of your stories before. I look forward to seeing Legolas dance the role his father did. You have a good grasp of the culture that you are writing and it really comes alive. Your style is very detached, and I'm not sure that always works. I don't feel very close to the characters. For example, I don't think that you make us care about Legolas's nightmares. It's also a bit clunky in places. You could maybe work on drawing the reader in more and showing us the emotions rather than telling us. But I am enjoying it very much and offer these comments only with helpful intentions. The ending was very exciting. I am really looking forward to seeing what happens. Kristen.
Mariette chapter 3 . 6/13/2006
Wow. What a story! You do an excellent job of portraying the elves. I know from experience that it is difficult to strike a balance between elegant and lofty and personable and real. You have an excellent image of Mirkwood in the recovery stages, and it comes across clearly. I'm not sure if I agree with the story's plot, but I will surely keep reading this, if only for the background stories and characters that make this fic such a wonderful insight into Mirkwood.

Thanks for a good read.
Tinnuial chapter 2 . 6/5/2006
This is a lovely story and I really look forward to seeing more of it. Thank you for sharing it with us!

ziggy chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
Brilliant that you have begun this sequel to A Charge to Keep - and poignant to read of the sorrow and loss (I need to go back and read A Charge again to remind myself of the characters ). I love the light touch you have with your characters- you reveal them rather than tell us everything and overload the imagination. And I love the way you write Thranduil- it is in keeping with the way he is presented in The Hobbit. I like the walkways between the trees- very silvan. Cant wait for Gimli to arrive!