Reviews for Tenebrae
CalliopeMused chapter 2 . 9/11/2006
This is why you get various creative threats directed your way after three and a half months. You really fault people for wanting more of this story? (By the way, real life or not- I doubt that you'll get such a long time in peace while waiting for chapter three. Expectations might get stringent enough that threats start coming before Thanksgiving- but that's just how the muses encouragement/threatening section works. (And I still don't think that Orange's idea counts as maiming. Because of a few additions, it first involved flying to Maryland for setup. If you couldn't write with people setting up various complicated electronics/making direct threats, you could at least have shoved portions of draft around to appease the descending vengeful folk.) And "a large dose of real life?" Sheesh. One near-death burst of pyrotechnics and people think they're set to angst over poetry for months. There won't be a next time, so there will not need to be a change reactions. Sound good? Good.

Just because you have your favorite word- I'll point it out. Besides the use describing BB last scene, last chap ("he dashed about the room"), it also shows up in this chap. ("Robin and Starfire had dashed back to the Tower," "After dashing off to the closet ") This, naturally, is way better than that-kid-who-doesn't-deserve-to-be-named and his Eddings-ripoff eyebrow fetish. (Not to be confused with Space Mutiny's wannabe-Leia chin fetish- it's in the movie. We saw evidence.)

These kids are adorable, you know that? They get home, BB's being huggable right there, and when there's the big reveal-the-demonic-markings-behind-curtain-number-three bit... straight to trying to figure out how they can fix it. It's so nice to see Rae, there- nothing but action would show just how much she trusts that team. (Besides- how many times to you get to write "Beast Boy reclaimed his girlfriend's hand." His girlfriend's- and after all this... it's going to get worse.)

Cyborg in this story actually has a role! It's so nice. The poor guy is the fifth wheel on the dating scene, but he does have the benefits of electronics- and enough smarts to not discredit what he feels about Jinx. (I still don't buy the one-ep KFJinxers. She flirts. It's a benefit of being the bad girl- if you're at all playful, you flirt. Otherwise, you end up like creepy Russian-French-insane asylum Rouge. Vere are moose and sqvirrel?, or flirting? Jinx is smart enough to get away from Blood and play her not-all-bad trump.)

I don't know why people are so determined that boyfriend and girlfriend can't be platonic, but you've done everything short of a random author's note in giant bold shouted letters to say they're just sleeping. Together. I don't know why someone /wanted/ to make that scene awkward. They've been dating. She wants to feel safe, he makes her feel safe, and if she has a two and wants a four... She's smart. She figured it out.

BB and Robin are priceless, you know that? I really doubt that most guy banter is that innocent/amusing (especially before Robin can get his coffee/when BB's half asleep/since most guys (in your area, probably) speak in grunts and would drink beer in their coffee). "Wh-how?" Throwing Robin off, even if it's just until he can remember how to smirk, is a very nice accomplishment. Everyone on this team seems to be smart- most of the time, you really don't want to know about girltalk.

I like Blood. He's a genuinely nice guy. (Look, Richard Grayson! Fifteen hundred years and no angsting!) He's nice enough to warn them about Etty, is polite, and could be the most considerate stranger Rae has ever met about the demon business. He understands, as much as a human can.

Yep, Etty's rhymes are bad- but they're meant to be. No one ever said he was a poet. Robin knows how to handle the guy, though- that's why he's on the team. He's the human threatening/coercing a demon into helping. Etty works, here- nasty, irritating, informative.

(And another random editing point- ""Whats wrong?" Raven asked," to "What's wrong?" This is why editing takes forever- keep getting caught up in the story and forgetting.)

The ending isn't quite a cliffie, but I think that you've learned just what happens when people go too long without good story. (Callipoe, honestly- he needed more than two authors. At least he spelled two four-letter words right). As for all the threats- would we do that for just anyone? If you're going to be self-deprecating in the non-funny way and downsize whatever compliments people give you, you can at least not doubt that not just anyone merits a full-size plot.

By my count, you've asked me to review at least four times. (And one of those was asking for a promise I'd review- as if I wouldn't. Some people- no trust at all.) Here. Go forth and angle for reviews no more- and let me know when cousin has a name, because Glass definitely would like to badmouth him. (And get to the later scenes- I think Orange was a bad influence on her, but at least Glass is a bit more subtle. All she's going for is mortification.)
Overactive Mind chapter 2 . 9/11/2006
I read PoA right before this, and not only do the two synch up seamlessly, each is superbly written on its own. Nice touch with Etirgan, and the couplets weren't too contrived. Great stuff, update soon!
Kayasuri-n chapter 2 . 9/11/2006
Well, as I know some of what made this late, I can understand... somewhat. However, I don't think so much worry should have been put into Etty's lines- really, that was foolish.
Ubermann chapter 2 . 9/11/2006
hmm your story is getting interesting, i like the comic refrences like the second brother blood, and jason blood who is one of my favorite character in jla i found his character unique. well until the next chapter doc. take care
TDG3RD chapter 2 . 9/11/2006
I'm happy to see you back working on this story. I wasn't sure if it had been discontinued or not. I can certainly understand how hectic real life can be.

Anyways, another good chapter. Cool to see Jason Blood and Etrigan show up. It was interesting how Etrigan looked down on Raven for only being half-demon. I got a good chuckle out of the Beast Boy/Raven/Robin scene, as well.

Until the next update.
Chris Johnson chapter 2 . 9/11/2006
Thank God you are finally back the site was starting to suck without your writing and authors similar to you talent. The only ones who kept it good over the summer were callipoe and wind lane. I liked this chapter a lot though I will admit that I kinda hoped that you would bring in Dr Fate I liked him a lot. However, Jason Blood was a more logical choice. My only suggestion would be after Raven asked Beast Boy to stay with him I think that you could have made it a little more fluffy. My opinion is the first time a couple sleeps in the same bed, nothing sexual involved here, or couch they would be a little nervous no matter how close they are just cause they are used to sleeping with anyone so they would probaly talk a little until they felt more comfterable.
Tarah21300 chapter 1 . 8/26/2006
Ahh, brilliant story! I have to admit, using comic book refrences, like how Elastigirl was an actress, and adding Sebastian, can really make a story worth reading! I've also noticed that you haven't updated in quite a while(which I don't blame you since I haven't updated two of my stories :D). Hopefully, you can update soon? I(and I'm sure anyone else reading this story)would greatly appriciate it! *puts you on alert*

Until then,

~Laterz!
Tammy Tamborine chapter 1 . 7/29/2006
Hm, very intersting so far._ I look forward to the next chapter.
WickedWitchoftheSE chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
yay you've continued! Love it naturally and I can't wait for even more. you're doing such a great job! poor Raven..and I like what you're doing with the relationships btwn Star & Rob and BB & Rae. Very cute and very believable. I just love BB!
Gothic Fairy Kytana chapter 1 . 6/2/2006
i didnt review on the paragon one but that one was really good. quite frankly i really don't like teen titans but these are some decent fanfics of what i've seen of the show. i hope you update soon.
BBcrazed chapter 1 . 6/2/2006
Waz'up Doc? JK

Can't read it all now but your one of the best writers on so I'm sure it'll be grate!

My friend read The Paragon. Said it was the best BB/Rae She'd EVER read (And she's read A LOT of BB/Rae fics)

E-mail's all broke-y so just keep up your work without me! XP

Thanks for all the entertainment, Doc!

-BBcrazed
Egglette chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
Oh Snapple.

(Someone shoot me for saying that...)

That pretty much sums up all I can think about this chapter, besides the hugely annoying (if not flattering) 'wow' repeated in caps over and over until your mind goes insane and you're driven to click the little 'x' in the corner.

(I've seriously gotten a review somewhat like that...although it was appreciated...it hurt my eyes.)

Anyway, hope you update soon!
t-titansfan chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
you told me once that new postings would be some time off because you needed time to get new additions to the best quality you could. having read only the first chapter, i can say the ends seem to justify the means. (and it's fine season 5 doesn't have hold here. wasn't much in the way of development, just new introductions.) i won't pretend every part of this fic was easy for me. it took a little while to get a point that wasn't over my head. your muses do you a great service.

ps: i was rather surprised to be reading about young Brother Blood. i have gotten slightly more canon-savvy as of late.
Coeus chapter 1 . 5/31/2006
Hmm... very interesting. I like how you weave together elements of the show and the comic, but still keep your own distinct style. Very entertaining so far. Paragon of Animals was a fantastic story, and this one promises to be every bit as good. I am certainly looking forward to the next chapter.
6StringSamurai13 chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
Wow...this is everything I hoped it would be. I'm so glad the next installment in your series will focus on Raven. LOVED that first scene between Raven and BB; not too mushy and still very antagonizing :-p. Loved the scene with Robin and Star too. LIke the scene with Raven and BB, the characterizations and dialogue fit perfectly...hehe the line about the Sushi from Star is just SO her; she's just too cute for words sometimes :-p. Hrm...very interesting decision to bring some of the comic book elements into the cartoon universe; I think it works perfectly. I can't wait to see where this goes.

Loved the scene wiht Raven in the bedroom...the imagery was exellent, and her thoughts were very well written.

ARGH...this chapter was AWESOME! I can't WAIT to see what comes next. Keep up the good work as always, I can tell this is going to be an interesting story already!
59 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »