Reviews for Tenebrae
6StringSamurai13 chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
Wow...this is everything I hoped it would be. I'm so glad the next installment in your series will focus on Raven. LOVED that first scene between Raven and BB; not too mushy and still very antagonizing :-p. Loved the scene with Robin and Star too. LIke the scene with Raven and BB, the characterizations and dialogue fit perfectly...hehe the line about the Sushi from Star is just SO her; she's just too cute for words sometimes :-p. Hrm...very interesting decision to bring some of the comic book elements into the cartoon universe; I think it works perfectly. I can't wait to see where this goes.

Loved the scene wiht Raven in the bedroom...the imagery was exellent, and her thoughts were very well written.

ARGH...this chapter was AWESOME! I can't WAIT to see what comes next. Keep up the good work as always, I can tell this is going to be an interesting story already!
They-Call-Me-Orange chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
Hmm... where to start? Let me try to gather my scattered thoughts (they flew in all directions when you blew my mind; and that's only with the first chapter!) I love the fact you brought Sebastian into this, that will definitely make things a bit more interesting for everyone involved. The Raven/Blood arc was one of my favorites, definitley the last great story-line before Johns One-Year-Later-ed us, but we've both been through those rants one time too many so I wont even go there. Cyborg's search for Jinx certainly spices things up a bit, and the little peak into the lives of Star and Robin lightened things up a bit.

The mention of Rita brought up a question: Will the Doom Patrol eventually play a part in this (or any of the other books)? You really are a great writer, dude (I know my thoughts are a bit scattered but, that can be explained by how I opened the review- y'know, blown mind and all). I love what you've got here so far and I hope that you can get the next chapter up a bit sooner. Congrats on the great work, Doc.

Yours Truly,

Zosha chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
Wow, it's so good! I can't wait for the next chapter! I loved the Paragon of Animals and I am very excited to see how this will turn out. Update soon!
Lambbaby chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
I'm reviewing this as I read it and I have to tell you that my favorite line has got to be the last one from Star in the sushi resturant.'"The chef seems to have forgotten to cook my food"'-classic line.

Thanks for the shout-out but puh-leeze all I did was offer some suggestions that came to were the one who made them the way I love thevocab in this story. Grimoire, necromancer,apostasy ...seriously I'm definitely feeling the word choices enough I find that when people write about a certain character they also choose their words in the nature of their wording here is definitely Raven.

As for Seb,I have a feeling he'll be even more freaky and creepy in the chapters to description of him by the teeth always bugged me cause what kind of crazy fool would actually file their teeth?It's gotta be a painful thing.

What did you do with Jinx?I know you wanted a side story on her but did it have to be now?Bring her can visit Star City and the rest of the places later.(Although I'm kinda thinking she should stop in Bludhaven and visit Nightwing.)Cy obviously misses her and I don't think I could deal with him being the third wheel with the other two couples.

Poor marks are back. Poor poor dear. You're really going to torture her in this one aren't you?Darn too bad okay?We want our girl to be okay and able to hang out with Gar 's always odd to see Raven poor girl must be wondering if her father has found a way is much much cause he's got that crazy "We're meant to be"thing going on.

I don't even know why I reviewed. You already know I love it and am behind you on this fic. I wouldn't have encouraged you if I didn't think it was what's next Doc?I'd tell you to send me a text but I haven't paid my cell bill yet so my phone is d.o.a(I spent the coffee chocolate)You know how to reach me for questions though.
uninterestingpenname chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
i already love it! i read the last one and i really like this one too. it looks like its going to be awesome. i love the sebastian thing, i like the old comics alot. is it still the same thing as in the comics where the old brother blood was killed by the new one? when is this set? is it after things change or before? okay i'm done with questions. i hope they don't annoy you. for what i liked: its sad that cyborg never has a pairing, so i like that he's lookign for jinx. i like raven calling beast boy by his name. and i like her cloak color changes. is the white cloak going to be explained?i like the color change but what emotion makes her white? is it the same as after she defeated trigon? i'm out of questions now, so i'll just say this looks like it will be a great story and i'm looking forward to reading (and i'll review too)
Etheriell chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
I did read your first story, and I apoligize for not reviewing then. That story was one of my favorite stories of all Teen Titans fanfiction, and I must say, you are a very talented writer. I have been eagerly awaiting this Titans Quintet you are working on, and it seems to be coming along amazingly like the first one. By the way, Sebastian Blood, head of the Church of Blood, right? Well, I am eagerly anticipating the next chapter, good day to you.
Ubermann chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
i like the way you combine aspects of the comic and the tv show well. like bb's acting classes and the fact Rita Starr was a hollywood actress. also sebastian blood is good as well, i can't wait until the next chapter.

Das Ubermann
TDG3RD chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
Excellent start to your story. Love your portrayal of Junior, he really comes off as an evil little sob. Also liked the nod to the comics, with Gar taking acting courses. Can't wait for the next update.
IGAF-kun chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
A nice start for a nice sequel. I'll be watching it. _ Keep up the good work.
CalliopeMused chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
Sorry I'm back late, but there just may be a minor crisis- talk to you about it tomorrow. For now- this is just what I wanted to find when I got home. Way to celebrate the holiday, no?

Nice speech, there- and Rae knows just where to interrupt. And it's no wonder these two didn't want to shut up for you- I love the bantering. And- Cy's up to something. It's so nice when the big guy's not ignored- he's close to both of them, after all.

Starfire is very good for Robin- it's about time someone didn't take any of his nonsense. And- Brother Blood's dead. Hm, I wonder if that has anything to do with the story? Nah. And- that's our girl. "The chef seems to have forgotten to cook my food" indeed- I'm half convinced the lady just likes making Robin explain, in or out of the show.

Seb is creepy. Seriously, seriously creepy- and he said Raven's name. Nice touch, there- something's up, and I'm sure that no one but you has any idea what's next. Yes? Yes. Thought so. Moving on...

Raven's a nice girl, not that she likes admitting it. She is close to being a normal teenage girl- just as close as she'll come. And- cue Cy's scene. I even read the chapter in order- I can always read it out of order when I come back to read bits (since I always do that anyway, with Paragon). She's much happier, this time around, and it shows- she actually lets herself enjoy bantering, here.

I like Seemore- he's honest, and the little "J-girl" sides give a part of Jinx no one else would know about. Cyborg, Cyborg- you know just why you care. Get the darn tin man to admit it eventually, will you? And "tin-man"- how many people can possibly have heard that? Maybe Jinx has been talking- or that was some HIVE-made nickname.

Raven needed that hug, poor girl- something's wrong, here, and it's a good thing BB had a way to get into her room. It's even better that he's far enough along to know what she needs before she does- you're starting off with your leading character in trouble again. Since that worked very, very well the first time- that's a fine plan.

Those poor kids- they'll fix that, sure, but they're just getting started. Start chapter two tomorrow, would you? I know it'll be just as good as this.
J.M. Howard chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
Outstanding start. The tying up of loose ends from the last Brother Blood was a nice touch, and now we got Sebastian running the show. Awesome. I also like the way you touch on BB's acting career. It's the little things like referencing the team's comic origins that really make a story like this enjoyable. Well done and I can't wait for the next chapter.
Regrem Erutaerc chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
Very nicely done, and very evil ending. Can't wait to see what else ya got in store for us devoted readers._
Sherbet Mayhem chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
Fabulous. As always. Your choice of words is always on top form - swathed. What a wonderful word, and used at the perfect moment. Talent beyond measure. I look forward to your next update )

Sherbet Mayhem x
Charys of the shadows chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
good premise! loved starfirse bit with the sushi. update soon x
Kayasuri-n chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
Oh... What a good beginning! (PS, Why didn't you tell the name of the restaraunt that Rob and Star were at? Hm?)

Poor Rae, she's got Sebastion to deal with now, but probably thinks it be daddy or something. ::pouts:: Ah well, you always have happy endings. Darkest before the dawn and all that.
60 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4