Reviews for Mythos
Rae-zin chapter 2 . 8/15/2006
You didn't tell me that I was in this! lol...anyway...very good darling.
Maeko-Nohara chapter 2 . 6/3/2006
Aw, how depressing. Excellent ties to the original myth... I'm jealous you know all that stuff. Greek mythology is always loads of fun. :)

Bidster

PS- Yes, wikipedia is my friend.
Lady Sorciere chapter 2 . 6/3/2006
Hola! I really wasn't sure about this story when I read the first chapter, but now I like it. Poor Spot! And Rae! That would be horrible, to kill your own boyfriend. But I like what you said at the end:

If you want to know more about this myth, check out Wikipedia. Wikipedia is your friend.

It made me laugh. So, here is my character.

Name:Saralynn Rose Mullinax

Nickname:Lark-on account of her lovely singing voice

Age:16

Looks:Short brown curly hair-between chin and shoulder length. Big brown eyes, full lips, slightly crooked teeth, small nose. Her skin is slightly tanned. She has a nice figure, but is still slender.

Personality:She's very sweet and hard to make angry, but if she is angry, then she's really mad. She is emotional, but not overly so. She cries somewhat easily. When she's upset, she likes to go off alone and get herself in control. She sings all the time.

Guy:Itey or Mush-since you already did Spot.

Squicks:Heeheehee. That's a funny word. Anyway. Um, I can't really think of anything. The thick accents really kill her-she doesn't have one and is proud of the fact. She doesn't like people mispronouncing words. That's all I can think of. The popuar trend is to let you do what you want to. And, since you are such a great author, I'll follow the trend. Do what you want.

So, there you have it. By the way, are you done with "Picture's Worth"? 'Cause I wanted to submit a challenge. Oh well. Update soon!

Seize the Day!
Purple Rhapsody chapter 2 . 6/3/2006
Ha, Wikipedia is quite awesome...

Great job with these! They are obviously well-researched, something that is appreciated on this site.

Excellent job!

~Purple Rhapsody~
yorozuyagaren chapter 2 . 6/3/2006
Knew it sounded familiar. It's been way too long since I read my book of Greek myths.

Random fact: When the ancient Celts adopted Greek/Roman mythology and fused it with their own, Heracles/Hercules became a ragged old man who controlled his enemies through eloquent speech rather than physical strength. Such was the power that the Celts attributed to the spoken word.
Written Sparks chapter 1 . 6/2/2006
I really like this idea. I would have never thought...you do have a lot of time on your hands, but alas, so do I.

Name: Apple Hawley

Nickname: "isn't being named Apple enough?" Something she always says when people ask about her nicknames "I'm really named Apple."

Looks: 5'7 slender but still a girls' figure, straight pale blonde hair that is just longer than shoulder length with long side swept bangs, clear blue eyes, expressive eyes and pretty features, clear lightly tanned complexion, dresses like a newsboy but the look is good on her

Personality: witty, clever, street smart, funny, honest, loyal, a little talkative, can be very serious is she needs to be. Loves to be outside and is always active. Doesn't sleep too much, only a few hours out of the night because she's so restless.

Squicks (even though I've never heard em called that): Do what you wish, it is your story.

Newsie of Choice: Blink

Name: Kinlee Monroe

Nickname: Nova (she loves the stars)

Looks: 5'7 slender with curves, mid-back length straight light brown hair with blonde from the sun with side swept bangs, pretty and expressive emerald green eyes with long lashes, very pretty features, lightly tanned complexion from the sun. Dresses like a newsboy but never wears a hat, a little more feminine than Apple.

Personality: moslt ylike Apple but a bit more reserved, very friendly, not as active as Apple. Likes to relax and just watch the world go by. Loves night time because she loves watching the stars and so she tends to fall asleep at lunch in the park in the warm sun. Everyone loves to confide in her and talk to her because she's such a good friend but she doesn't open up about herself much unless she has a strong connection with someone.

Squicks: anything, again, your story

Newsie of Choice: please oh please Skittery, they would bring out the best in each other.
Maeko-Nohara chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
*le gasp* All my fault, eh? I had to go back and read everything so that I could reply to that! *shakes fist*

...

Well, that made me feel really special.

1) Dave is just... evil. Only not.

2) Succinct, yes.

3) What a biting ending. I love it.

And Stressie, don't you like the challenge? I didn't mean for it to be hard... well... maybe I did... No, not really. I'm uber excited now, though!

Bidster
yorozuyagaren chapter 1 . 5/31/2006
Funny. I didn't pick up on the Herodotus bit, but it makes sense if you consider that history isn't simply written by the victors, but by the one who is able to write, regardless of who won. Something tells me that had Jack managed to get himself together to write an account, it indoubtably would have been very different from David's.

I know you're mostly looking for female characters, but you're welcome to borrow Whistler if you want to, as long as you don't do anything permanent to him. I need him alive and physically unscathed for some of my other projects.
Lucky chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
Name: Vittoria Russo

Nickname: Lucky

Age: 16

Looks: Thick and coarse dark brown hair, a little longer than her shoulders; rich hazel eyes, almost orange around the pupil; fairly tan skin; pretty darn tall, roughly 5' 8"; light bags under her eyes; athletic build

Personality: A bit of a smart mouth, sometimes her wording is all that clever though; has a good eye for opportunities; stubborn; doesn't really think before she acts/speaks, therefore getting herself into trouble; might not seem like it but deep down is quite a romantic; can keep a secret and knows more than she lets on; will stand by anything she believes in; loyal; pretty book smart but will easily fall for many simple traps and tricks; her friends are extremely precious to her; thrives on knowledge; lacks a bit of common sense; fiery; indecisive

Guy Choice: Jack, but am open to most other newsboys

Squicks: None. Do what you will with dear Lucky.

This seems truely interesting. I look forward to reading further and seeing what you do with the myths.
Purple Rhapsody chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
This is a great idea!

I really loved the comparisons here, and the whole thing with Sarah watching in amusement was funny :-)

Keep up the great work!

~Purple Rhapsody~
Lady of Tir Na Nog chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
hey hey hey, man i don't know how you do it but you hook me one pretty much every 1st chapter of your work, good luck on the next chapter.

L.T.N.N.