Reviews for Heart's Desire
unplugged32 chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
Heartbreaking and lovely, really well done vignette:)
Valtira chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
But most of all, he grieved for Dean: for a child forced into the burdens of adulthood too soon, for dreams forsaken and hopes dashed. For all that Dean had sacrificed to keep Sam safe and happy. And now, at a time when Dean needed him, Sam was floundering and powerless and failing to find the right answers. Sam had nothing to offer Dean to help him find his way home and that bitter knowledge tore at his heart.

M, this was beautiful and heartbreaking.

At Sam’s hesitant nod, Dean added softly, “We’ll figure it out, Sammy. It might take awhile and it might hurt like hell in the meantime but we’ll figure it out. You and I-we always do, you know.”

What an amazing picture you created. It was perfect! Thank you
may7fic chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
What a lovely story. I'm so glad Sam didn't go through with it and loved how you wrote his reasoning for his decision. Dean's words as he opened up to Sam sounded perfectly Dean. Well done.
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 1/2/2007
You have a lovely way with language-I especially liked the image of the rainbows spun on the wall, and this paragraph, which is just compelling:

"He couldn’t do it. After all that effort, he couldn’t go through with it. Sam cursed himself for being a coward and not being strong enough to face whatever Dean kept secret. Of fearing the truth that maybe somewhere along the way, Sam had stopped being enough of a brother for Dean. Of finding out that maybe Dean blamed him, resented him, hated him for the evil that had entered their lives. Or even worse: discovering that Dean yearned for the hunt as his sweet mistress but truly longed for death, his faithful wife. The knowledge that Dean could not be saved from the twisted things his deepest, hidden dreams had become."

The metaphor about the mistress/wife-beautiful!
corneroffandom chapter 1 . 6/10/2006
*scrubs face* I just finished rewatching Devil's trap (I'm not much of a rerun girl, so the fact that I've watched each episode of Supernatural multiple times is really something...), and reading this now, just... aw. *rubs at eyes* Great job
TangledPencils chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
I was crying by the end of this, you've really captured their feelings...excellently done!
SinisterSweetheart chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
POOR DEAN! But this story rocked! Even if John did die it was well written and constructed magnificently! Great job!
bjxmas chapter 1 . 5/30/2006

"Or even worse: Discovering that Dean yearned for the hunt as his sweet mistress but truly longed for death, his faithful wife."

Great imagery. Wonderful idea and exceptionally well written.

Definitely going into my favorites. This story will stay with be a long time. Brilliant! Thanks so much, B.J.
Zenamydog chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
yer i liked it. Nice!
SweetJubilee chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
Good to hear from from you again! I enjoy your writing and this one-shot was no exception. Very well done. I'm so glad that Sam didn't go through with it. 'Mind rape' was an approperate way to describe what Sam was about to do. Again, very well done.
Dean'sgirl chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
I like that! I love the part where the bell hits Sam in the Face!" the damn thing was way too cheerful for having just slapped him upside the head" LOL! LOved it! I like the insight into their feelings like that! I can't wait to see Dean's desires! Wait, do I want to know? LOL!