Reviews for A Meager Sacrifice
Guest chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
It saddens me that you won't right more of this. ):
Ravenclaw Midnight Blue chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
I fully agree with TorontoBatFan. This story ought to be expanded, with Jonathan & Mina coming to terms with their new lives as vampires, meeting on the 'sly', and making plans at how to break away from Dracula's control and deal with him! The inclusion of the vampire brides in these plans (or their potential interference) would add spice to the powerplay struggle. There is untapped potential here.

Shame that you didn't quite capture the moment Mina died and was reborn (it wasn't a scene in itself - only the immediate aftermath). Still, the story was very well written - I would like to see Dracula rue his decision to treat people as objects and paythings. And for him to realise that he's bitten off more than he can chew, so to speak. :- )
Phea chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
I absolutely love it. Finally the story about Johnatan as a vampire! Thank you very much.

Could you write something more about it? Please!
Nightcrawlerlover chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
Very beautiful! I love it. Keep up the awesome work, as always.
Currently Defunct chapter 1 . 12/21/2007
Three paramours STILL aren't enough? Hmm. Does he have a Freudian-style deep-rooted issue? Not appreciated as a child? Secretly feels as though no one will ever love him? I do wonder . . .

Also, take that, Jonathan, and bring your "chaste kisses" when you leave.
SamDeanLove chapter 1 . 8/5/2006
very good! whana reade more about it.. so please hurry up.. )
Queen Serenity chapter 1 . 6/28/2006
This is... interesting. I would like to see more.

Also, if you have the time, I'd appreciate if you could stop and read and review at least one of my own Dracula ficlets.
TorontoBatFan chapter 1 . 6/2/2006

This was a great story. The only technical quibble I have is the idea of Dracula being able to travel from Transylvania to England and back so swiftly (i.e. within one night). In the novel, and all films, he had to travel by ship and/or overland to make the journey. As well, there's the question of how he got into Mina's bedroom without being invited into the house.

Aside from that, it was awesome.

IMO, this is begging for continuation. I mean, just because he's turned Jonathan and Mina into vampires doesn't necessarily mean he's won. Jonathan clearly still has the moral grounding he had before he was turned. (Or, he wouldn't be so aghast at what he is and what he has to do to feed). Mina, as well isn't evil even though she's being turned into a vampire. Dracula is an evil vampire because he was evil in his mortal life as well. Jonathan and Mina were not evil in their mortal lives, thus they might not be evil as vampires. (Presumably so long as they can get blood without taking human lives -i.e. from animals, etc- they would be able to adjust to their new existances.

I'd like to see Mina and Jonathan join forces now against Dracula. They now have his strength and powers. If they can break his control enough to work against him, I think they would prevail. And, their feelings for one another would be enough to overcome any control Dracula could have. Plus, the three vampire women now seem to be listening to Jonathan. They might be allies as well, as Dracula doesn't seem to treat them too nicely either. (Although, I suspect Mina would still be not wanting them too close to Jonathan, vampire or no vampire).

I really hope you decide to do more of this story along those lines -i.e. vampires Jonathan and Mina battle together against Dracula.

Good work again, and I hope to see you continue this.