Reviews for Shades of Whimsical
JazmineElric chapter 1 . 12/10/2013
Wow...that was amazing! I could never wright something like that!
Mediterranean Tomatoes chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
That was well written. Lots of detail and emotion. It's definitely a favorite!
Xtraitor chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
Wow. I really liked that. So Ed got sick from eating moldy food? A lot of moldy food. It all seemed normal when they got there. I was kind of expecting Ed to die but I'm kind of glad he didn't.
twounderscorethreefour chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
Frighteningly amazing.
naonaonao chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
Oh my god.

This was PERFECT. The setting, the plot, the EVERYTHING. You're an excellent writer, and this story was simply amazing.

-whispers- Did the ghosts poison Edward?

Keep on writing; I look forward to reading more of your work!
agent000 chapter 1 . 8/11/2006
Wow...AWESOME story! Absolutely AWESOME! I'm so glad that I managed to find this story here, it was definitely worth the read. You should write more like this, I love this kind of story. You captured the atmosphere of ghost towns really well. I've been to one before, though it still had a few people living in it, Shaniko, Oregon. And yes, they did only have one restaurant which was also an inn. Of course, being a "living" ghost town, most of their shops were merely antique and collectible shops to appease the tourists, heh heh. I'll have to go to a more "dead" ghost town one of these days, but even that one was pretty cool. I really liked your story. This was very well written and quite entertaining.
SpaceRoses chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
Spooky, very spooky. The way you described everything was incredible and I could feel the terror that was coming off of Ed. This was a great story and even though I felt bad for the villagers I know that if they were all walking suits of armor it would not be the same as living. Great story, I loved it.

P.S. Did Ed get sick because all of the food was rotten?

Miss Woodford chapter 1 . 5/31/2006
This plot is one of the better known of the true ghost story experiences, and there are a couple of spelling errors, but you have handled it quite well despite these minor quibbles. The sadness of the dead townspeople comes through - they just want to be ALIVE again. Shades of what Lust desires!
Sera and Tails chapter 1 . 5/31/2006
Incredibly well written and really ingenious plot. I thoroughly enjoyed it, enough to put it on my favourites! You captured Ed's emotions so beautifully.

You wouldn't happen to be a Firefly fan, would you? Your name, coupled with the mention of 'reckon' sort of made me suspicious (we are huge fans of the series, btw.)

Some ConCrit for you:

"The whole was filled with rotting bodies, and..." should be: 'hole' not hole. (I know, we all make typos like this once in a while)

" Al observed his brother as he settled down beside him. Already, Ed’s bangs were wet with sweat, and Al wondered if back in the town, Ed had em willed /em himself not to be sick."

I just didn't follow what you meant to write here, at that last bit with the 'em's'. I did get the gist of what you were trying to say though. :)

And the last sentence:

"Still, Al noticed that Edward absolutely refused to ever strawberry-rhubarb pie ever again." You forgot the verb there..."refused to ever -eat-" perhaps.

Sera, of Sera and Tails
Me And My God Complex chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
O! I really liked this!
Roy-Fan-33 chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
A very nice fic! You put so much into one little package. I love the style, and you had great imagry. This is going on favs!
Avalene chapter 1 . 5/30/2006