Reviews for All Wet
kei-angelus chapter 23 . 12/2/2016
THIS IS THE BEST RENT FAN FICTION I HAVE EVER READ.
When I read the first chapter, I thought, "Wow, the writing is great. Feel like reading a real novel instead of a fan fiction." Seriously, you are really good.
I have read several theories about how Joanne & Maureen had really met, but none convinced me. Either it was too short, too long, too OOC, or too cliche. I have to say that I love the story of RENT just the way it is that I don't really care about the background stories (and Mr. Larson is not here to be asked). I don't really like longs fanfics too, but I found your story hooked me.
From the start, I always think that Joanne's characteristics really matches mine, that's why I like reading (and writing) RENT fanfics about her (and really want to play her on stage). Your words captured her perfectly. Even Maureen's description about her really made me nod in agreement.
I like how you show the fragile side of Joanne and her confession was damn EPIC. Even your original characters are lovable (and hate-able). I love Cindy and Megan!
I like your flash-forwards and how they were connected to the scenes in your story. It was almost like, "Which scene would it relate to?" every time I saw some italics.
Oh, I also like your idea of Joanne meeting Angel in Life Support meeting.

I am a big fan of angst, so I love every fights and how you described the feelings. When I read Chapter 22, I expected a short happy-ending epilogue, but damn. You successfully pulled me into Maureen's head and feel her own problems and sadness. My favorite part is the 'how much she hated it when Joanne cried'. I suddenly felt all gloomy reading that part. I like your theory that Maureen was actually devastated by the break-up, too. I almost feel thankful that you take the theory about Maureen's eating disorder into a major plot and thank you for Joanne & Mark's fighting over that.

Oh, this is actually too short to express how I love your story. The only flaw is some typos, I guess, but nothing i couldn't handle.
I know this story is old and I don't even know if you're still writing (or even accessing this site) or not, but I really hope you'll read this. And maybe reply?
Anyway, thank you for such a wonderful journey.

Regards,
Kei Angelus
HelloMiho chapter 23 . 3/26/2016
I've read this so many times and this is honestly one of, if not the best Maureen/Joanne story out there. You paint such a beautiful picture about them that is so true to their characters. Maureen's perfectly chaotic and Joanne's perfectly a control freak and every small detail in this story is absolutely perfect. Maureen being a singing telegram girl and Joanne hiring her every time they had a fight is just so astonishingly perfect for them!
I adored how you wove in snippets of the future throughout the story because it just really brought everything together and I just love this story so much!
Infinityisn'tForever chapter 1 . 2/20/2015
I've been constantly hunting for this story, and I've finally found it! Yes! Thank you soooo much!
Guest chapter 23 . 2/6/2015
I know I'm like, eight years too late but this was absolutely amazing! Beautifully written, thank you!
Major Rook chapter 23 . 7/25/2014
Certainly one of my favorites. I always loved this pairing but I wanted to know more about how they met. You captured both of them perfectly and because of this we are now best friends.
Seriously, I do love this story so much. I'm looking forward to reading your other works. Also, I'm jealous of how amazing you are
RJ chapter 23 . 5/29/2014
This one too! Absolutely adored it. I'd never thought of reading Rent fan fiction and frankly Joanne & Maureen annoyed me in the musical. But this... This well devised, well paced and
generally marvelous story made me reevaluate their relationship and I finally felt I understood why they were together. You made them make sense. Amazing. And god, your words are like liquid on the page... so fluid, smooth and I find myself immersed within them without even realizing.

My favourite author is Paul Auster because of how he uses words . You're honestly pretty much my second .
ElsaMaureenElphaba chapter 23 . 5/23/2014
oka, I have to say that your story was great! definitely this is how I always imagined that their relationship began. from the beginning was always complicated! CONGRATULATIONS! really one of the best stories I've read here
kassey95 chapter 17 . 9/25/2013
DAAAAAAYUM! man that's messed up! where has this story been all my life.
Ah chapter 3 . 5/27/2013
Love this so far! And when Maureen says "Baby". I can just picture Idina saying that with that smile of hers.
Marshmallow19 chapter 23 . 4/1/2013
Absolutely beautiful story
Phases Of Obsession chapter 23 . 1/26/2013
This was just beautiful. Great job.
Ryoko05 chapter 23 . 1/6/2013
Wow...I've actually never read a Rent fanfiction before and honestly didn't think they existed for some reason but this was amazing. I love your new Quinntana story so I thought I see if there were any of your stories that I haven't read from LJ and this one caught my eye, three hours later and having to wake up 5 hrs from I'm so happy I did. This was beautiful. I found myself wishing for a Maureen chapter towards the end and this was such a nice surprise. Thanks for...being such a great writer :D
myevilregal chapter 23 . 6/22/2012
Beautiful! This was such an amazing story!
WonderousPlaceForAnEcho chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
Forgot to mention (as I tend to do) that I loved that you used a Joseph Arthur song and there was another song I loved that you used...and the postal service (had to look through the chapters). I feel like the songs are very fitting and the postal service reminds me of NYC and depression and things sounds beautiful and lyrics even when discussing something obvious like ageing. Hopefully that makes sense. It was a nice story to read.
WonderousPlaceForAnEcho chapter 23 . 6/22/2011
It must be said that this was one of the best fanfic stories I've read (and I've read too many to the point that it gets in the way of reading books) but this was written with detail and in character and it was creative. There was one line I loved-basically about how she kissed her as though she was writing a word on her lips. I thought the pacing was great and the flashforwards were well done. You gave depth to the characters and you did a very nice job with it. I also loved the drunken conversations because they were both humorous and passive aggressive and just aggressive. I think this deserves more reviews, it has a lot of emotion to it and obviously one theme is love, another family, but I loved that you focused on aids because that's of course what rent is focused on and made it ground breaking. Its good you added politics into your story. Overall it was a great read, recommended by a friend and its the 1st rent story I've read and it was nice to see a mature story that's written as though its a book.