Reviews for The Reinvention of Memory
LonelyDreamer7 chapter 1 . 7/11/2013
I guess I am a bit slow, but what did happen to Yamato!?
Also, this was fantastic. Sai, baby!
A Midsummer chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
So Sakura-chan's delusional? Still, its a nice dream. Even if its not perfect or the stuff of fairy tales.
fhobos chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
I just... can't. This is beautiful writing here. And it only amplifies the devastating effect this story has on me. And that last line-IN CASE WE'VE FORGOTTEN-augh. Like a door slam to the face. The characterization is utterly amazing and the dialogue is restrained and effective. I really don't know what else to say except that you have me reeling for words. I need to favorite this to read later, after the initial feels have passed. Thank you!
In the State of Haecceity chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
I loved it... somewhere along the way I forgot that it wasn't all actually real, and the last sentence was just... daaaaamn. It's like having a really good dream and being forced to wake up abruptly. I really felt heavy and sad because I realized that this is also the way I want things to end up between them.

Anyways, good job on playing with emotions and words.
Kiddo626 chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Wow, this was great! I'd been reading this in bits and pieces over the span of the whole day, so I'd completely forgotten about the first line and I was confused about the last line. That framing device was absolutely stunning, and those two little lines were more than enough to tip this story straight onto its head and completely change everything.

I already loved Sai before I read this story, but he was just an absolute darling here. And I loved his interactions with Sakura, so much that my SaiSaku shipper's nature decided to make it romantic. LOL XP

I did like the fact that most of the dialogue was written in italics; it adds a more wistful, dreamlike tone to the story. If I can place my own little theory into this, I think Yamato's absence was the indicator that this was a dream, that one little thing that separated dream world from reality. But that's just a hunch, feel free to disregard. :P

All in all, fantastic little piece. Definitely going into my Favorites, for sure! :D
E d e n chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
Damn.
I should have caught on right from the very beginning.
I love, love, looove how you tied the ending back to the start.
I was wondering why you began it that way, and the funny thing is, along the way I forgot that I ever even wondered it - I find that to be a characteristic trait of dreams, forgetting anything that's practical or just asking 'why' - it was almost like you've managed to successfully immerse me in Sakura's dreams.
That being said, that last bit was the wake-up call. I was literally like, /Woah/. The little line at the bottom threw me off b/c I was just expecting a short author's note but what I found was that. Simply ingenious, and every bit of a 'tragedy' of sorts.

Your writing flowed so nicely that it was hard to stop my eyes from flowing along - the words poetic and almost lyrical. And it's extremely rare, but the use of italics as dialogue and how you interspersed Sakura's dialogue in 'normal' text reinforces this dichotomy... almost like they're speaking from the past and you can tell she's the main lead in this story. But now that I looked back on it.. the italics give that wistful feeling (hence the nostalgic tone I kept feeling) & that's because! they were lines that were never said, only wished. Brilliant! Man, I must be creating such a big deal out of this but seriously, writing well is one thing but being able to manipulate the writing itself to support your 'idea' is just simply - mind-blowing.
mabidiso chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Absolutely gorgeous.
chocolatecoatedanimelover chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
Omg I felt totally mindblown at the last part, then remembered you mentioned it wasn't real in the first sentence, so now I feel slightly embarrassed and all.

This was a very good fic, the characterization, the flow, the dialogue was very well written. And most of all it's so realistic and engrossing that suddenly in the end you get shocked because you remember everything was just imagined.

Great job!
Emma chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
I completely forgot that this wasn't real until the last line. You sucked me in and wrapped me up in the lovely writing and fascinating characterization. This is quite sad and brilliant. You took an old concept and made me want to read it. Thank you for sharing this!
Vishap chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
While reading this, I totally forgot that the scenes are just Sakuras dream of an ideal future and not real.I forgot about the first line, so the last line opened my eyes and made me feel embarrassed, because I realized I was tempted and taken in by a future, which essentially didnt exist and would never happen. So even tough I would have liked a stronger contrast between this ideal future and the real future, especially if you mention a time years later, you brought your point across quite nicely and made me relate to Sakuras dreams and how shes so easily seduced by them. You manipulated me, Its admirable.

Sadly the basic idea of this one-shot, that Everything will be alright in the end, has already been done many times and isnt very interesting to me anymore.

Then I agree on one hand with Amruns opinion about Narutos,Sasukes and especially Sais characterization ( the part with the expressions was great). On the other hand I think that Sakura is too passive, not in an not fightingway, because she does the exactly right and logical thing, when she saves her energy to help for later, but more in an emotional way. She remains stationary and a little statistic.

All in all this one-shot seems ordinary, but sets itself apart trough an interesting and insightful twist.

Vishap
Amrun chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
This one-shot was a little strange, but I enjoyed it. Naruto's characterization was bland and Sasuke's didn't ring authentic to me personally. On the other hand, Sakura and especially Sai were excellent. I love that there is no magical get-better, and the "no default expression" bit was insightful. Thanks for sharing.
Mineral-Soul-Bottle chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
I loved the feelings it gave but I've got to be honest: I didn't get the last line and till the end I didn't understand what you wanted to point out.
Michelle chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
Perhaps Yamato was the one who killed Itachi? Several sacrificial techniques have been shown throughout the series.

Anyway, I love how quietly sad and tragic this is because it's only a dream and the little moments that provide so much insight.
Lifestyle chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Wow 0_0 that was amazing... you've really captured the quad-angle that is team 7. I liked how you focused on each relationship Sakura has with the boys. This is the best one-shot I've ever read. *faves*
thelovebugy chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
wow! This was so wonderfully well written and the characterization done so well, I'm still in shock lol

Oh, and fyi, out of all the "readjustment after Sasuke returns to Konoha" fics I have ever read (which amount to a sizable number) this was definitely one of the best, and probably the most realistic too.

I simply love the way you write, and you have this really subtle wisdom in your words that makes them so fantastic lol. Okay, enough raving, im off to visit your other stories ;)

Keep it up!