Reviews for Nightmare's Avatar
pst1993 chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
I like this.

I can't wait for the next chapter.
Sdarian chapter 1 . 5/31/2008
This looks like it could be good. I've always been far more fond of a Lina/Xellos pairing myself, and I really feel that it could still be worked in here using something along the lines of a change of heart for both Gourry and Lina following her new goal in life, but it's still fine if not. I hope to see future chapters of this. Good luck!
killroy777 chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
updates plox?
feathergriffin chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
I see what you mean about reviews. I guess that's what happens when you start a Slayer's fanfiction. I really liked your concept for this. Making Lina an avatar and mentioning that fact that she pledges herself to darkness a bit too often for comfort's sake was an interesting twist (not that I know that much about Slayer fanfiction!) Anyways, if you continue this, good luck, and if not, well, oh well. Either way, go bro!
Tarquin chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
Hmm. The setup clashes with established Slayers cosmology (in which L-sama's "body" *is* the Sea of Chaos in which the four world-staves stand; see inverse dot org for more detail), but fanfic is always AU. The setup certainly has potential (another selling point for Lina: she'll be getting one up on her sister, who is merely the Knight of Ceiphied, not his avatar), so I'll look forward to seeing more.

In response to cyberimp's concerns: I'd assume Lina only has to collect the pieces of Shabranigdo and his Mazoku Lords (Hellmaster Fibrizo and Chaos-Dragon Gaav, who are already dead, Beastmaster Zelas Metallium, Deep-Sea Dolphin and Dynast Grauscherra), and those aspects of the four Dragon Lords that remain (Ceiphied himself is already gone), rather than the lesser dragons and mazoku. It'd be a *very* long job otherwise.
seym56 chapter 1 . 6/5/2006
This is a good story. Looking forward to reading more
cyberimp6 chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
Pretty good beginning. The Lord of Nightmares' dialogue was well done - it's not that easy to capture the "voice" of a nearly all-powerful being. A thought: if Lina must collect the Mazoku, wouldn't she also have to collect the Dragons as well? and what does that mean for Filia?