Reviews for Between the Lines
riverrat chapter 1 . 6/1
Great story, but so sad. Poor Severus.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
Great stuff.
duj chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
I like this fic, although I still don't understand how he came to that final conclusion unless the book was Charmed for the messages to appear rather than everything having been written in already. But in that case, why did he have to "ration them"?
Nome und Jood chapter 1 . 7/8/2006
Goody.
Iva1201 chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
Sad... Have you known they added main character Eileen Prince? Would be now easier to find fics about her (as well as other characters). (-:
Samson28 chapter 1 . 6/3/2006
How sad!
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
Good story, and a sad one. There aren't very many happy stories about Snape that stick to canon, are they?
whitehound chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
Didn't notice it was you until I'd already read it and thought, "This is rather good..."
Silverthreads chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
What a unique interpretation and, more importantly, it makes sense!
Possum132 chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
You write so well that I believe it - for the duration of the fic. Good stuff.
cecelle chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
Let me see if I am getting this right - so the book is Snape's mother's, and the "Property of the Half-blood Prince" message is a code she put in to convey that she is gone, that the book has now once and for all passed into his keeping. And the fact that she uses "the Half-Blood Prince", a term only she used for him, as a term of endearment, makes it obvious that the message is from her.

Or I may be missing the boat entirely - which is quite possible!

Anyway, beautiful and thoughtful as always! I have similar thoughts regarding the Prince family. And I really do hope that Eileen was a loving, caring, involved mother like that.
lime 63 chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
That was... wierd... but cool. And the love child thing defently was between te lines. Any way I really liked it!
HLBr chapter 1 . 6/1/2006
Hi!

This is an interesting take in Snape childhood.

I see the 'title' The Half-Blood Prince as a way to compare Snape and Voldemort -the fact that both simulate noble titles, and the fact that Snape's one puts the emphasis in that he isn't pureblood-, so is a little weird to considerate that maybe he didn't invent it for himself, specially because is something I really see a teenage Severus doing.

Is nice, anyway, that the frightening figure in his childhood is the grandparent and not the muggle father, because is a new take in something everyone seems to think kind of resolved and obvious now -I shouldn't be surprised, is something you always do.

Your writing seems a little more straightforward that usual, but at the same time you keep hinting to more information 'between the lines' -nice title, by the way- than in the actual text.

I was left a little lost in the end, because I didn't see that all was leading to his mother death, but the clue was there, I catch it on the second reading -or I am wrong that the note to come back earlier was for the funeral or something like that?.

Anyway, nice one-shot, I am going to stop before the review grows to be longer that the fic ;-).

saludos