Reviews for Child Of Fire
Anonymous chapter 44 . 4/2
This is at least the second or third time I've read the series and I have to say it's quite the amazing story — probably among the best (and most original) Labyrinth fanfics I've read. You've actually taken worldbuilding to a degree that is rare among fanfics. I don't want to even think the amount of research and planning it must have taken. I truly hope we'll see continuation for this.
Julie5 chapter 44 . 12/14/2013
And so I come to the end and I wish Oh I wish for more! IT was such an amazing story, very powerful, detailed dramatic, wondrous- but it seems like there is still so much more to tell and I wish you would tell it. Thanks for writing it has been amazing! Undoubtedly I will probably reread this.
Julie5 chapter 28 . 12/14/2013
The lemon was awesome. The explanation long awaited, the emotional revelation and healing so perfect I want to cry. I love this story so much.
Julie5 chapter 23 . 12/14/2013
The first time I read this chapter I was frustrated because it pulled me away from the personal trauma of the last, I barely read this chapter in my rush to get to the next. What a mistake that was. Here in spite of their monumental cultural misunderstandings they both prove their boundless love for each other. IT was so beautiful and intense that I am still sighing dramatically. I am so glad I came bac for a reread, so glad this story of all the Labyrinth fanfics I have read haunted me to the point that I craved a reread because now, I understand it better and I have slowed down enough to absorb what I missed in my impatience last time and it is awe inspiring.
Julie5 chapter 22 . 12/14/2013
A thing of tortured beauty. Shocked me to the core this one left me raw and aching with empathy and shared pain for both of them. Very succinctly you captured every emotion flawlessly and then unleashed it to the world. I thank you.
Julie5 chapter 21 . 12/14/2013
That last paragraph from my human culture background reads exactly the opposite of what Jareth does. I had a hell of a time understanding what happened and what I had read last time but now, knowing what happens next and I assume after stewing in my brain for 2 months I fully comprehend the enormity of that final paragraph and am left with my arm outstretched shouting "Nooooooooo!" futilely at the computer.

Awesome stuff. Truly awesome stuff with more epic to come I am finding a 2nd reading even more enjoyable than the first.
Julie5 chapter 19 . 12/14/2013
I remember being so frustrated by this chapter and so enlightened and so frustrated the first time I read this. Now with meta knowledge of what comes next, a deeper understanding of the depth of Sidhe culture you have created I get it, it is frustrating to me that the two of them don't work it out and reach for that understanding sooner but understandable as both are stubborn hotheads who bring out the best and worst in each other as only Air and Fire could. Reading this story is like unwrapping a present, yeah I knew what is was when I bought it but the pleasure and thrill is not lessened when I open it. Love this awesome story.
Julie5 chapter 13 . 12/14/2013
Wow once again I am blown away by all the little details that make this story magical Sarah opening the training to the halfbloods is sooo Sarah, after all she always manages to find beauty and friendship in the rejected and the outcasts. This is her acting in her capacity as Queen and champion though maybe unconsciously it is Ludo all over again but on a grander scale. Have I mentioned how much I love this story?
Julie5 chapter 10 . 12/14/2013
I could not resist reading on even though I have read it before and I did not review every chapter like I wanted to, I will get the ones I missed on my third go around. This would make an excellent TV series. I love Dragon Sarah, your OC's are awesome, the bond with the land gives me chills. Love this so hard right now!
TrisakAminawn chapter 27 . 9/20/2013
Snerk. David Bowie came on while I was reading this chapter, going "I don't want knowledge-I want certainty!" over and over.
troyguffey chapter 44 . 8/22/2013
10/10

Love this story and the preceding story!

While Sarah being a firefighter is sort of logical, does she really have the physique for it?

My copy is marked as WIP by FFnet, it either needs to be continued or marked complete.
Ellae chapter 44 . 5/21/2013
On one hand, I hugely admire the depth of detail you've invested in this 'verse. But on the other hand, I am 100% sure that the theories of crosslinks and relationship drama could be simplified. It made getting through to the good stuff difficult and almost more effort than I wanted to jnvest. Conversely, there's so much material that even reading these 44 chapters in the same day, it's hard to remember all the bits and prices of where the JS relationship is, where the dragon/owl are, and who the heck are all these Tent people. your ambitiousness with this saga almost killed me. And you switch from Collins to Dennis in his introductory chapters, which was not at all helpful. Yet I still want to know more about him and Gavin, and less about the energy required to make Fire Diamonds. It's amazing, your attention to detail, but also a little insane. And I request more lemons. The best one we've got so far involved a half-owl (yes sometimes it's hard to differentiate between which form they're... also in the list of things that confused me, while the arousal-desire differentiation cause and biology was very detailed, golf clap for that, to be honest I really was losing my patience with these two crazy kids, and not enough fun in the make-up to justify my waiting, in my opinion. Honestly that is angst but at times I find Sarah's devastation at the world a little ludicrous compared to it seems everyone in her entire life) so yeah some more lemons and happy times if you happen to come back to this story :) even though with that Mari I foresee much grief.

To sum up, amazing detail, probably overkill, except concerning happy romantic times, because we more of that. Possibly one of the best Labyrinth stories I have ever read, if not the best fanfiction I have ever read.
Aoichibi chapter 44 . 4/20/2013
This is THE best J/S EVER! So many details put into the plot, sidhe politics, under and upper realms, you gsce so much deep to Jereth character.
My point is it was all AWESOME!
ChibiKisses
Aoichibi

Ps: Is that third instlement a go? I think the name was 'The Nightmare King' or something of the sort.
MayGirl85 chapter 41 . 2/22/2013
Lol. And to think he thought Sarah utterly uninterested.
MayGirl85 chapter 30 . 2/22/2013
I'm insulted on behalf of the human race! Who are the Sidhe to talk about true altruism given their trickeries? Pfft I say! PFFT!