Reviews for Child Of Fire
nefertari-101 chapter 44 . 3/17
Holy fucking shit. This has been an awesome read. A fucking journey. It made me think of little universes created through words and then alternate universes and all that heady stuff. I think that when a story can do that it's a pretty fucking awesome story.
Every time I read Chapter 25 I am left more unsatisfied then ever. You were so close to getting it right then you blew it. Why did you let Jareth off the hook; some kind of half assed favoritism or what? Never did you force him to confront just how much he hurt Sarah by his own stupidity and ego. thinking of himself first and his needs before hers.

But then I guess that is what happens with all the Jareth Fan boy authors. They never can hold him accountable as he should be.
Saphira113 chapter 44 . 1/26
Yayayayayay! yay!

I'm so so glad. This story went crazy places. And yes I did read an insane amount in one day but it was worth it.

I love all of the subplots and the Embassy and everything really.
Angeliclygood chapter 44 . 12/9/2014
Best story ever.
A Single Fragile Rose chapter 44 . 11/8/2014
Your stories are absolutely engrossing, and I can't believe how good they are, Cher. You are unbelievably talented and I truly can't wait to read more from ya, hun. Please, don't forgot about this wonderful fic and I wish you the best. Good luck. Ciao xo :)
Monki-Neko chapter 44 . 10/14/2014
Nooooooooooo! tell me this isn't the end!
burmafrd chapter 25 . 10/8/2014
Only real mistake I think you made in this story is in this chapter 25

You should have had Jareth and Sarah thrash this out; in this entire scene you spent too much time with unnecessary verbiage about biology instead of Jareth coming to realization of his mistake with sarah. Then having him shift before it was settled was a basic mistake that frankly to me all but destroyed what up to this point had been fascinating.

Not sure why you did not see this yourself.

You almost did it but in the end I guess you just had to sadly make the mistake so many have made

angst is a seasoning- not a main course- Faulkner

for two beings from different species trying to make it as one

you had a wonderful oppurtunity and just missed it

And in the end you gave short shrift to Jareth

I frankly do not think he would have been that dense to not realize that sleeping with the Queen would terribly hurt Sarah.
Bloodsired chapter 44 . 7/5/2014
It's a beautiful story. very detailed and a lot of elements such as biology. Quite confusing on some level especially with their different forms. But overall I enjoyed it very much.
Anonymous chapter 44 . 4/2/2014
This is at least the second or third time I've read the series and I have to say it's quite the amazing story — probably among the best (and most original) Labyrinth fanfics I've read. You've actually taken worldbuilding to a degree that is rare among fanfics. I don't want to even think the amount of research and planning it must have taken. I truly hope we'll see continuation for this.
Julie5 chapter 44 . 12/14/2013
And so I come to the end and I wish Oh I wish for more! IT was such an amazing story, very powerful, detailed dramatic, wondrous- but it seems like there is still so much more to tell and I wish you would tell it. Thanks for writing it has been amazing! Undoubtedly I will probably reread this.
Julie5 chapter 28 . 12/14/2013
The lemon was awesome. The explanation long awaited, the emotional revelation and healing so perfect I want to cry. I love this story so much.
Julie5 chapter 23 . 12/14/2013
The first time I read this chapter I was frustrated because it pulled me away from the personal trauma of the last, I barely read this chapter in my rush to get to the next. What a mistake that was. Here in spite of their monumental cultural misunderstandings they both prove their boundless love for each other. IT was so beautiful and intense that I am still sighing dramatically. I am so glad I came bac for a reread, so glad this story of all the Labyrinth fanfics I have read haunted me to the point that I craved a reread because now, I understand it better and I have slowed down enough to absorb what I missed in my impatience last time and it is awe inspiring.
Julie5 chapter 22 . 12/14/2013
A thing of tortured beauty. Shocked me to the core this one left me raw and aching with empathy and shared pain for both of them. Very succinctly you captured every emotion flawlessly and then unleashed it to the world. I thank you.
Julie5 chapter 21 . 12/14/2013
That last paragraph from my human culture background reads exactly the opposite of what Jareth does. I had a hell of a time understanding what happened and what I had read last time but now, knowing what happens next and I assume after stewing in my brain for 2 months I fully comprehend the enormity of that final paragraph and am left with my arm outstretched shouting "Nooooooooo!" futilely at the computer.

Awesome stuff. Truly awesome stuff with more epic to come I am finding a 2nd reading even more enjoyable than the first.
Julie5 chapter 19 . 12/14/2013
I remember being so frustrated by this chapter and so enlightened and so frustrated the first time I read this. Now with meta knowledge of what comes next, a deeper understanding of the depth of Sidhe culture you have created I get it, it is frustrating to me that the two of them don't work it out and reach for that understanding sooner but understandable as both are stubborn hotheads who bring out the best and worst in each other as only Air and Fire could. Reading this story is like unwrapping a present, yeah I knew what is was when I bought it but the pleasure and thrill is not lessened when I open it. Love this awesome story.