Reviews for Casualty of Essence
DemetriaMatsuyama chapter 1 . 12/2/2006
so touching...i'm in a touching mood right now and that was so good. serious. anyways, you're a good writer. love your work!

Kaiya
donnshepard chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
God Tif, I don't know if you were writing this about Yuna's lost or yours. I know it brought back memories of when I lost my Dad. I not only lost my Dad but my best friend too. He was always there when I needed him and all that was taken away in the blink of an eye. But we have to go on for all the people that are around us and time slowly heals all wounds.
sRoze chapter 1 . 7/3/2006
You wrote this just for Yuna and Tidus, yes? The emotions are so real, that I can feel the hopelessness Yuna feels in her situation, in her life without Tidus. She's sounding even suicidal, and I'm glad Tidus finally came back to her in the end. _ Poor girl's sacrificed so much; she deserved happiness. D You captured the essence of everything perfectly.. Will like to read more of this kind of stuff in the future! Keep it up, ya!

sR
Dragon and Sword Master chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
This is so sad and so true at the same time. Everyone assumes that she is alright, since she smiles all the time, yet no one knows her true feelings.
karen chapter 1 . 6/3/2006
all i can say is bravo! u know how to touch people feeling as deep as their hurt goes...u touch my soul...
Seashell110 chapter 1 . 6/2/2006
That was...beautiful. You portrayed Yuna's point of view wonderfully, and the words seemed to match her inner emotions just right. I'm not much of a critique on poetry because most of it I find hard to understand.

But as a writer, emotions, some of the time, convince you to write. You can taste the words on your lips, and they shock you from your shoulders to your arms to your finger tips, and then they just flow out onto the paper or document. It's really... magical, I think.

Ugh, I'm doing it again. When I get to talking about writing, I start to philsophize and start talking like one of those wise people in video games. And I can't even be wise because I haven't even seen enough of the world to know.

I hope you'll be okay. The decision's all on you, but me and all of your reviewers have your back. We'd love it if you stayed, but if you think it's in your place to leave...I'll wave.

I'll wave goodbye, but I'll smile, and thank you for all the wonderful stories you've told us.

-Shelbie Kelly(Seashell110)
Nikki of Spira chapter 1 . 6/2/2006
Where to start? Well..I know that had nothing to do with final fantasy and everything to do with you...which was well done by the way, but that's beside the point. We've all experienced loss and hardships in our lives. You know I haven't exactly had it easy since the moment I was born...but I never broadcasted that on this site.

If you remember writing..actually saved my life...last summer. You need to continue your hobbie. It will get your mind off things and you're able to get your feelings out through doing something creative and entertaining people.

I've lost alot of close realitives and friends in my life...I went to my first funeral when I was 10...for a close family member...I've watched love ones die in front of my face when I was young...I have a chotic unstable family that wants to destroy one another...you know all this and more...and I've kept going and still make the best of life...what you put into life is what you'll get out of it...and you're wanting to give up on life...nevermind the writing.

You have alot of family around you for support...if you want to wallow in self pity that's up to you...or you can wake up and do something about it. Sorry for leaving a review like this...but I think you needed a good boot to the face, look at what you still have rather than what you lost! You'll find a new apprieciation for those around you. You can be your own worst enemy or your best friend, I chose to be my best friend and understand myself...what are you going to choose?

You have other people you need to think about as well...so get priorities straight...and use writing as a tool to help you get passed this turbulent time. We'll all be here waiting for your next update...at leat finish what you started on some of your work. At least that way...you'll leave respected on here when you do decide to go. I'm sorry if I had to be cruel to be kind...but that's what friends do.

Nikki
Warui-Usagi chapter 1 . 6/2/2006
Aw...that was so sad! T_T But great! I really do hope that you continue your work...