Reviews for Tour of Duty Iraq
BoonieRat chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
Thank You for a strange sort of closure.
Loved TOD and still watch it today.
equine lover chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
Wow! I loved your story. You have an awsome grip on the politics and morals of both sides. Youve donr a wonderful job. Thank you
helinahandcart chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
Excellent x
Guest chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
Nice.
purplehaz97 chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
Wow, I grew up watching Tour of Dury. Great closure

, but bittersweet non the less.
ArokenHalo chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Wonderful story. The recount of what happened to the rest of Bravo company was very realistic-not everyone can get a happy ending. And, it seemed very true to the characters themselves.

I loved how involved actual modern issues were with the story; because, yeah, I can totally see Myron and Doc making these arguments. You presented a lot of really good points that far too many people these days can't seem to see, and you presented them well.

Thanks for a great read.
Cory Holmes chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
Outstanding. Just... outstanding.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
Excellent story! While I don't agree with everything you said at the end I did like a lot of what you said towards the end. I put your story on My Favorites list. Well done! :)
MadTom chapter 1 . 6/17/2006
I love this! Very well thought out and intelligent. The only thing I didn't really like was the way you had Ruiz dying; he was a survivor. It's excellent the way you have Myron and Doc framing the debate about the present war as they did about 'Nam.

The one significant technical flaw I found, and it's really just a nitpick, is that Division Commander is an Major General's (2-star) slot. Myron should either be a Corps Commander or a Major General, more likely the former based on his age and years of service.

I have my own Post-Vietnam/First Gulf War-era fanfic that originally started as a Tour of Duty/The Wonder Years crossover that's on my home page, but I've never posted it, and don't plan to post it, here at fanfic dot net; I ended up changing the names of the ToD characters because the story had turned into too much of an Alternate Universe for ToD. In fact, my username here on fanfic dot net is the nickname of Myron Goldman's character after the renaming. Please feel free to check it out!

Lyle F. Padilla

Major, Armor, US Army Reserve (Retired)

AKA "Mad Tom"