Reviews for Into the Fold
Jazzy3113 chapter 18 . 4/27
Can't stop reading!
Jazzy3113 chapter 42 . 4/27
A great read. I normally read the most recent reviews before deciding to spend my time on a story, so I wanted to leave my thoughts. All the basic requirements are here for a nice read: no spelling mistakes, coherent paragraphs and normal chapter lengths.

What elevates this story is the rich detail, faithfulness to cannon and great action pieces. A must read for any cannon faithful Snape fan.

I just wish the story was longer, because I wanted to keep reading!
Jazzy3113 chapter 21 . 4/6
Terrific chapter, similar to what I dreamed would be the application of a Dark Mark. It is so cool to read another's imagining of Snape. I have absolutely nothing critical to say about the actual writing. In fact, I learned some new verbs in this chapter. I imagined the Dark Lord would also not have had to coerce or threaten Severus to join. He would still be a persuasive and reasonable man at this point in time, not the angry megalomaniac seeking retribution by the time he came back into power.

The only differing vision I have is that Voldemort would have kept his desire for immortality a more closely guarded secret. Yes, he may have dropped hints in passing, but never openly talked about it. I also imagined him never, ever discussing his half blood status. I imagine him keeping all details of his family history completely quiet. Let the world think he is the pure blood descendant of Slytherin.

Maybe, when convincing Severus to join him, at the point where Severus was still deciding, he may have told him about their shared half blood status. But I feel like he would never have divulged that information to any of his pure blood apprentices.

My favorite chapter so far. I cannot stop reading. The only reason this doesn't have more reviews is probably the subject matter. Severus isn't the most popular guy in the HP world!
Jazzy3113 chapter 13 . 4/5
Immensely enjoying the story so far. I looked at the word count and am already sad it is not longer. It has been a long time since I have had to look up words while reading something, but you have a great vocab.

Cannon Snape is the only thing that interests me and this is the best story of him I have come across, since I discovered fan fiction at the start of this year.

The only thing that would differ in my mind would be Snape's interactions with Lily at the hospital. In my mind, it would too difficult for them to have normal conversations like that. His latent emotion for her would bubble over. He would be constantly day dreaming and longing for her.

The Hogwarts Snape parallel story is so awesome. The fire spell was a creative touch.
Another amazing chapter.
Jazzy3113 chapter 4 . 3/31
What an amazing start, great first couple of chapters!
aqeldroma chapter 42 . 7/9/2015
I don't know why this story has so few reviews. It's a beautifully written piece of art. You do a great job of weaving past and future Severus and an excellent job of writing a Voldemort that is fascinating, intelligent, and charismatic-which people sometimes forget was what he WAS, in the beginning. I would LOVE to see you write Snape continuing up to his death, with this style, especially with the behind-the-scenes with Voldemort in GoF and onwards. You would do a fantastic job!
jesusfreak100percent chapter 42 . 5/23/2015
What an incredible story. I read it in one evening - it grabbed my attention and refused to let go until I had finished the very last word. You write Snape very well, and you manage to describe people's flaws, thoughts and motivations very well - or at least, I think so.
Light on the Horizon chapter 42 . 9/7/2014
Brilliant story. Your take on how Snape was drawn into the Death Eaters was very convincing, and your characterisations were all spot on. Great writing!
ricecakes.anemonies.benzene chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Oohhh, I like this Riddle, he's much more sophisticated than usual. This fic shows great promise, I wonder why more people have not read it.
PihlajaPuu chapter 12 . 1/15/2013
I'm really enjoying this story, but it bother's me a bit that it jumps from Severus's school days to his early adult years in every chapter... It's as if i'm reading two separate, but equally good fanfiction's at the same time... are the two time line's gonna connect at some point? Guess ill just have to find out.
epotter17 chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Fantastic story. It was so well written and deeply understanding. I was sad to read the last chapter and see it end!
riverrat chapter 42 . 11/18/2011
I just finished your story. It is almost like you tied up some lose ends from the books. You have done a great job. A very enjoyable read.
RoisinMaire chapter 42 . 11/11/2011
Thank you very much for an extremely pleasant couple of days, it is a glorious feeling when you find something so well written and compelling and realise it is 41 chapters long and will offer several hours of enjoyable reading.

I found the characterisations spot on in every case. Its a very hard line with Snape to make him understandable and sympathetic without shying away from his negative qualities. You keep him as difficult and multi-dimensional as JKR created him which is no mean accomplishment. I also love your treatment of the marauders and Dumbledore, again keeping the flaws and imperfections without demonising or making them 2-dimensional.

I also love the way you treat the wizarding world. You have a real inventiveness which is very true to the spirit of the books and I love the way you've developed the structures of St Mungo's & Azkaban as well as the political and social systems of the world.

I also found your take on Voldemort and the Death-eaters extremely believable and well developed. I love your ideas of how Snape was recruited and generally how they operate. You made them intelligent and logical and gave a real sense of how people came to join them and how they became such a powerful force.

My only criticisms would be that I sometimes found the talk about the dark/light magic a tiny bit trite. I'm not entirely convinced by the Patronus as a meansure of goodness, or about the idea that Snape's character can be measured by the qualities of magic he posesses. However the plotting of these sections was compelling enough that it didn't put me off.

Anyway,congratulations for succeeding in something that is both a finely observed character piece, and a detailed and well crafted story.
Lady Hate chapter 42 . 3/19/2011
I was quite shocked when I learned that on your fic only has 90 reviews (I read this on fictionalley). People have no taste?

Anyways, I commend you on a very well written character. This was what I always looked for, and alas, I finally found it. Your Snape is brilliant. There was just enough negative emotions to make me sympathize. I liked when he showed contempt for Dumbledore's (controversial) and Slughorn's favoritism. His character is realistic, multidimensional, and really really relatable without making him look victimized(!). I thought the thing with Snape being a perfect balance between dark and light could have been repeated a little bit less though, or it lose its initial effects somewhere down the line.

Healer Meed is the only character I dislike from a literary point of view in this fic (good job on making me hate Jame and co. without bashing, I wish I had that talent). She's kind of almost but not quite Mary-Suish to me. I think just make her a tad less perceptive on Snape is enough.

Other than that, the magic theory behind sectumsempra and Snape's other spells doesn't seem terribly original, but it was interesting and well explained. I have no problems with your divergences from the canon as well. The plot is cetainly engaging. The language is beautiful, the syntax, if I recall correctly, is very accurate.

All in all, if you ever check your reviews, I want to say, great fic.