Reviews for Into the Fold
aqeldroma chapter 42 . 7/9
I don't know why this story has so few reviews. It's a beautifully written piece of art. You do a great job of weaving past and future Severus and an excellent job of writing a Voldemort that is fascinating, intelligent, and charismatic-which people sometimes forget was what he WAS, in the beginning. I would LOVE to see you write Snape continuing up to his death, with this style, especially with the behind-the-scenes with Voldemort in GoF and onwards. You would do a fantastic job!
jesusfreak100percent chapter 42 . 5/23
What an incredible story. I read it in one evening - it grabbed my attention and refused to let go until I had finished the very last word. You write Snape very well, and you manage to describe people's flaws, thoughts and motivations very well - or at least, I think so.
Light on the Horizon chapter 42 . 9/7/2014
Brilliant story. Your take on how Snape was drawn into the Death Eaters was very convincing, and your characterisations were all spot on. Great writing!
ricecakes.anemonies.benzene chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Oohhh, I like this Riddle, he's much more sophisticated than usual. This fic shows great promise, I wonder why more people have not read it.
PihlajaPuu chapter 12 . 1/15/2013
I'm really enjoying this story, but it bother's me a bit that it jumps from Severus's school days to his early adult years in every chapter... It's as if i'm reading two separate, but equally good fanfiction's at the same time... are the two time line's gonna connect at some point? Guess ill just have to find out.
epotter17 chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Fantastic story. It was so well written and deeply understanding. I was sad to read the last chapter and see it end!
riverrat chapter 42 . 11/18/2011
I just finished your story. It is almost like you tied up some lose ends from the books. You have done a great job. A very enjoyable read.
RoisinMaire chapter 42 . 11/11/2011
Thank you very much for an extremely pleasant couple of days, it is a glorious feeling when you find something so well written and compelling and realise it is 41 chapters long and will offer several hours of enjoyable reading.

I found the characterisations spot on in every case. Its a very hard line with Snape to make him understandable and sympathetic without shying away from his negative qualities. You keep him as difficult and multi-dimensional as JKR created him which is no mean accomplishment. I also love your treatment of the marauders and Dumbledore, again keeping the flaws and imperfections without demonising or making them 2-dimensional.

I also love the way you treat the wizarding world. You have a real inventiveness which is very true to the spirit of the books and I love the way you've developed the structures of St Mungo's & Azkaban as well as the political and social systems of the world.

I also found your take on Voldemort and the Death-eaters extremely believable and well developed. I love your ideas of how Snape was recruited and generally how they operate. You made them intelligent and logical and gave a real sense of how people came to join them and how they became such a powerful force.

My only criticisms would be that I sometimes found the talk about the dark/light magic a tiny bit trite. I'm not entirely convinced by the Patronus as a meansure of goodness, or about the idea that Snape's character can be measured by the qualities of magic he posesses. However the plotting of these sections was compelling enough that it didn't put me off.

Anyway,congratulations for succeeding in something that is both a finely observed character piece, and a detailed and well crafted story.
Lady Hate chapter 42 . 3/19/2011
I was quite shocked when I learned that on your fic only has 90 reviews (I read this on fictionalley). People have no taste?

Anyways, I commend you on a very well written character. This was what I always looked for, and alas, I finally found it. Your Snape is brilliant. There was just enough negative emotions to make me sympathize. I liked when he showed contempt for Dumbledore's (controversial) and Slughorn's favoritism. His character is realistic, multidimensional, and really really relatable without making him look victimized(!). I thought the thing with Snape being a perfect balance between dark and light could have been repeated a little bit less though, or it lose its initial effects somewhere down the line.

Healer Meed is the only character I dislike from a literary point of view in this fic (good job on making me hate Jame and co. without bashing, I wish I had that talent). She's kind of almost but not quite Mary-Suish to me. I think just make her a tad less perceptive on Snape is enough.

Other than that, the magic theory behind sectumsempra and Snape's other spells doesn't seem terribly original, but it was interesting and well explained. I have no problems with your divergences from the canon as well. The plot is cetainly engaging. The language is beautiful, the syntax, if I recall correctly, is very accurate.

All in all, if you ever check your reviews, I want to say, great fic.
Point Given chapter 42 . 5/17/2010
I'm surprised this hasn't received more reviews. Out of the thousands of Harry Potter stories posted on this site, this is definitely in my top 5 and it is definitely the best Snape story I have read. Well done!
WaylaidWanderer chapter 42 . 5/9/2010
Hey, I just finished your awesomesauce story :)

Let me just tell you; that was an amazing read, and Snape was so... Snape.

I loved every single character and situation in this story, and I was sad to see it end.
Sab chapter 42 . 5/7/2010
I very appreciated this story, the characterization of Snape is the most canon I've ever read! Pity you've ended here!
hochexplosiv chapter 42 . 5/6/2010
Well that was a different story. But I really liked it.
PBrules chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
I've only had time to read the first three chapters tonight but wow... one of the few writers who literally takes my breath away.
Amphlosion chapter 42 . 5/5/2010
I don't remember when I started reading this, but I'm glad I did as it was well done. Both sad and glad to see it come to an end. You should feel proud of what you did here, as I don't think there were any real plot holes and you tied in everything together in a believable way, which is difficult. Thanks for the read.