Reviews for In The Rough
the-cari-moose chapter 6 . 12/6/2016
I was wondering... The place where Rory works and where Logan is about to start work have two different names, but when Logan called to accept the job Carmen pit him through... Coincidence?
the-cari-moose chapter 5 . 12/6/2016
"He had something to thank her for, but that didn't mean he could forgive her. He loved her more than he loved anyone, but liking her was a completely different story."

I'm sorry, I'm not great at explaining exactly why I love things, but wow, this quote, I don't know... it really struck me.
the-cari-moose chapter 4 . 12/6/2016
Ironic that Jess ultimately was the one to bring up the memories she was suppressing in order to stay with him.
the-cari-moose chapter 3 . 12/6/2016
Oooh! A Logan Chapter! To be honest it is a little far fetched that Rory didn't hear about Logan's accident from someone or rather but oh well, that's AUs for you, made to rip your heart to pieces and then sew it together again.
the-cari-moose chapter 2 . 12/6/2016
Wow, the loneliness is even more intense in this Chapter. I like that you haven't yet brought Logan physically back into the picture. Most fanfiction is fast paced, trying to rush to the end, but your writing savors the moment and builds suspense, I have no idea where Logan is going to appear from and that's exciting.
the-cari-moose chapter 1 . 12/6/2016
Wow, Rory's lost sense of self really comes through in your words. You can tell that she has no spirit, I can't wait to see if later your words can also portray Rory's renewed spirit.
duboo83 chapter 35 . 11/2/2016
Amazing story! Couldn't put it down,stayed up way too late just to read this. Great job cmonace! Can't wait to read your other Rogan story.
duboo83 chapter 5 . 11/1/2016
This is a great story so far. I love the details you put into their lives separately: what they're doing how they feel where they live etc.
blueeyes1989 chapter 32 . 8/2/2016
Your note about OOC i actually think it'd be straight on. I think they care about Logan and if this happened, this would be their reaction.
blueeyes1989 chapter 26 . 7/19/2016
3 Love love love this! I could see it happening in my head!
blueeyes1989 chapter 15 . 7/19/2016
Oh my god. So many emotions. So good!
blueeyes1989 chapter 4 . 7/19/2016
That Line by Colin had me hooked! I can't wait to finish this :)
FYI I did the selection most reviews, all ratings, logan, and complete and yours was on the first page!
February27 chapter 1 . 12/27/2015
Does anyone know where I can read the other two stories reference here, The Way It Seems and Not So Fast? I think one of those is the story I've been looking for. About Rory and Logan living together (maybe married) and Jess comes back and hits Rory?
nights of wonder chapter 35 . 11/23/2014
What a great story
hhooppyy chapter 35 . 8/23/2014
I know it has been many years since you wrote this story and you aren't really writing anymore, but I figure no author would mind getting a review on a story years after they wrote it. I don't know if you actually do care enough to read this, but when a story has me writing the review in my head for over 30 chapters, I just have to give in and actually write it.

That being said, overall, I enjoyed this story. There were some spelling errors throughout that pulled me out of the story a little, but the storyline itself was good and compelling enough to let me ignore those. I think one of the things I liked best was that you didn't have Logan and Rory immediately get back together, that they had to earn it. I maybe would have liked a little more Lorelei and Lane, but I really liked your OCs (enough even, that some of the chapters that were pretty much just Rory and Logan seemed empty without the OCs).

If I had any real issue with the story, it was your treatment of Jess. I actually like Jess as a character, but I don't think that was influencing my dissatisfaction with his character in this story too much. While I like Jess, I didn't think he was the guy for Rory, so I am okay with stories where they aren't together. I think because I like Jess though, I would have preferred him to be a little more similar to the Jess I saw on the screen. Overall, I felt he was OOC in this story. I don't know exactly how to explain it, but every time you wrote Jess into the story, those chapters kind of fell apart. I am assuming you really disliked Jess in the show, and I think it affected your writing when it came to him. If I had to try to explain it, I would say that you didn't write Jess as well rounded as the other characters. He came across as more of a stereotype than an actual character. The problem then became that when other characters interacted with him, they became less well rounded characters as well. So, in the later chapters where he would pop up, he metaphorically threw me out of the story and I often times had to go back and reread whole sections.

I think I also ran into the issue that often pops up when reading complete stories in that there was a lot of repetition of plot/recap of past chapters in the narrative that they story really could have done without when reading it all at once.

Once again, I really did enjoy this story (especially when I got past the Jess chapters) even if it sounds like maybe I didn't.
1,485 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »