Reviews for In The Rough
nights of wonder chapter 35 . 11/23/2014
What a great story
hhooppyy chapter 35 . 8/23/2014
I know it has been many years since you wrote this story and you aren't really writing anymore, but I figure no author would mind getting a review on a story years after they wrote it. I don't know if you actually do care enough to read this, but when a story has me writing the review in my head for over 30 chapters, I just have to give in and actually write it.

That being said, overall, I enjoyed this story. There were some spelling errors throughout that pulled me out of the story a little, but the storyline itself was good and compelling enough to let me ignore those. I think one of the things I liked best was that you didn't have Logan and Rory immediately get back together, that they had to earn it. I maybe would have liked a little more Lorelei and Lane, but I really liked your OCs (enough even, that some of the chapters that were pretty much just Rory and Logan seemed empty without the OCs).

If I had any real issue with the story, it was your treatment of Jess. I actually like Jess as a character, but I don't think that was influencing my dissatisfaction with his character in this story too much. While I like Jess, I didn't think he was the guy for Rory, so I am okay with stories where they aren't together. I think because I like Jess though, I would have preferred him to be a little more similar to the Jess I saw on the screen. Overall, I felt he was OOC in this story. I don't know exactly how to explain it, but every time you wrote Jess into the story, those chapters kind of fell apart. I am assuming you really disliked Jess in the show, and I think it affected your writing when it came to him. If I had to try to explain it, I would say that you didn't write Jess as well rounded as the other characters. He came across as more of a stereotype than an actual character. The problem then became that when other characters interacted with him, they became less well rounded characters as well. So, in the later chapters where he would pop up, he metaphorically threw me out of the story and I often times had to go back and reread whole sections.

I think I also ran into the issue that often pops up when reading complete stories in that there was a lot of repetition of plot/recap of past chapters in the narrative that they story really could have done without when reading it all at once.

Once again, I really did enjoy this story (especially when I got past the Jess chapters) even if it sounds like maybe I didn't.
lala931 chapter 18 . 6/30/2012
love it, i'm really hoping for some logan jealous scenes soon.
lala931 chapter 10 . 6/30/2012
i love you, i love this story, i love all your stories. keep writing :)
DayDreamer077 chapter 35 . 4/12/2012
That was a great story. :) Jess was a jerk here! I mean I didn't like him much on the show but in this story he was a bigger jerk!

Sequel?