Reviews for Letter To Frodo
darkdranzer chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
while the burning of the letter was very very nice idea, i think thye should have given it to one of the elves like legolas or someone to give to frodo in the undying lands. XD

but jsut my thought. really awesome story
Redone chapter 1 . 6/8/2006
And to whom has Faramir written, if he knows what must be done?
Daughter of Olorin chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
I was so glad to see this! Sorry I didn’t get to it sooner. I think this could very well stand as an epilogue or an ending chapter before an epilogue for “The Long Road Home.” I’m glad you wrote and posted it because it does bring closure to those particular issues I brought up in my last review. I definitely see Boromir’s character as having extreme trouble just beginning the letter and tossing the paper aside like that. “How could he be a reliable vassal to Aragorn and rule Dunland in name of his king if he allowed himself to remain burdened with remorse?”—Exactly! Very good. Rebuilding Osgiliath is a brilliant idea and I think somehow it’s symbolic of Boromir’s restoration. I thought at first that they would send the letter down the Anduin (via boat, bottle, I didn’t know) and maybe Frodo might get it. Even if they set it adrift and Frodo didn’t get it, I think I prefer burning it. Setting it adrift is very passive and Boromir hardly has a passive character. He is aggressive—and that’s not necessarily negative—and burning the letter is much more aggressive. Excellent work! As always, your descriptions are fantastic and your writing style as wonderful as ever. Thanks for posting!
Starlit jewel chapter 1 . 6/5/2006
Oh, nice! I like it! It has a cool ending, not what I really expected. I thought it might have something to do with throwing the letter into the Anduin, and somehow Ulmo taking the letter and washing it up onto the shores of the Undying Lands where Frodo finds it. But I also liked how you did it, leaving the ending unknown. Maybe you could write a sequel to this one, telling how Frodo somehow gets the letter and his reactions while reading it or whatever. Anyways, good job on this story!
grumpy123 chapter 1 . 6/5/2006
Great story. first I love it that Boramir is still alive. Faramir's solution of burning the letter is a good one.
spiritstallion chapter 1 . 6/3/2006
This is very good! I really loved it!
jewelledhunter chapter 1 . 6/3/2006
A very good story. Boromir's anguish is very well-potrayed and the lifting of the anguish reflects in his actions afterward. Very good!