Reviews for Resident Evil: The Collection
Raven Thornheart chapter 3 . 2/28/2008
Sounds like something you and your brother would do if you guys were in the same situation! Lol! Anyways, great freaking chapter man! Once again the ending shows us that in the world of RE (With your evil mind) no one escapes...EVER.

I love the tension as they play the game of Russian Roulette. It all came down to the last bullet in which it still was wasted.

Pretty crazy how you made them want that bullet. Both characters wanted an easy way out of things and became obsessed with it. Killing themselves in order to escape a horrid death...GREAT!

These one shots are the shit dude, you gotta come out with more!
Amazed chapter 2 . 2/27/2008
Wow I read "Ten Bullets" and is it was good. Not the most incredible thing I'd ever read but it was still pretty good. I was going to submite a review for that one but didn't really feel the need. Then I read "Letter From the Damned". Wow. I couldn't even go to your next writing. I actually reread the damn thing and it was amazing. The most brilliant fanfic I've ever read in the entirety of my life. The way you portrayed his slow descent into madness was awe-inspiring. I really hope that you plan to write professionally and if you do please let me know. I also think that you would be really great at writing material for games in general, you should really look into that. Well anyways enough of my ranting, keep up the good work!
SJSilver chapter 3 . 2/27/2008
WOW! Another doom and gloom chapter. But I guess that will happen a lot with RE. Not to many happy stories. LOl! Anyway, another good story with a lot of tension. It's gotta suck to be trapped in some dirty little cellar with zombies trying to get in. It's enough stress to even make two best friends fight over one remaining bullet in a revolver. Personally I'd try to make it out of there some how or at least try to fight my way out. If I got infected then I could just find another gun and eat a bullet or jump off a building head first.

Good Story

ps- I have a suggestion. You should try to throw in one or two chapters that have a happy ending. Either the character or characters making it out alive or maybe a little romance thrown in with two characters who make it out together. Do it to spice things up a little. I'm not telling ya to stop with the doom and gloom chapters because that's what RE is all about. Think it over. Hell, surprise us! Have things start out bad and then suddenly out of nowhere things turn out ok.
SJSilver chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
Good story! I like the idea of short one-chapter stories that are independent of each other. This was a good story. It's got good grammar/spelling/punctuation. Good dialog too! I think that dialog, whether it be talking out loud or to yourself, is one of the toughest aspects of a story that a writer has to deal with. It can be tough to get a conversation between characters in a story to sound and feel realistic. Great details too, good descriptions of zombies, hunters and even the physics of the gunfight with the hunter. It read out very realistically. I also like the count down of ammunition, it adds to the tension and drama of the story.

David seemed very realist and believable and was an interesting character. Here's a guy who was seduced by his own greed and gave in to the temptation of working for Umbrella. But at least he realized his own mistakes at the end and wanted to do the right thing by trying to escape to warn the others.

Good job, keep writing!
SJSilver chapter 2 . 2/27/2008
Another good story. I liked how the progression of the virus slowly ate away his higher brain functions like thought and reason, giving out to the primal part of the mind like rage and hunger. First his conscience goes and he eats the fish and then his intelligence goes and so does his ability to write properly. Another story dealing with karma and the consequences of cause and effect. But, thats what happens when you agree to work for the darker side of Umbrella right?

Good writing technique! The grammar/punctuation is good as is the attention to detail you gave while describing his location and a description of the BOWs.

All in all, this is a good theme you got going. Short, one chapter stories that give us a taste of RE and at the same time remind you of what happens to people who try to play God. Gloom and doom right?

Keep up the good work

ps- I like the ending to, very RE style to have the writer's mind go at the end and leave incoherent last thoughts.
Tyler Townsend chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
WOW, I didn't know you were that talented of a writer. This was intense as shit. Although I think you should've maybe taken a little more time to explain where the creature came from and maybe a little more about it's apperance but other then that this was an amazing one-shot. Well done sir!
Solar Eclipse23 chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
This is an interesting fic, I like Ten Bullets a lot. Good ending as well. I'll keep an eye out for your updates.

-Solar
So Im Marky chapter 2 . 7/11/2007
Hey,

Love the idea and your writing. I did somthing similer to this awhile back but never posted. Also wanted to note that it feels like you are playing as Jill or Chris and you ave found a file or diary written by a pour soul.

Kudos!
scmower chapter 2 . 7/29/2006
Wow...wow...that was sick...but it was good. Really good. It showed the extent of the virus and how it makes you turn. The way it makes you turn insane. It was good, and kinda scary at the end when his mind is taken over by it. Really good.

Sorry this review was so late, I added it to my fav's but I never got the E-mail saying there was an update. But look forward to the next one.
sanchez C chapter 2 . 7/7/2006
Once again I am blown away. A few errors are in this chapter. DO NOT CHANGE THEM. They give the story some kind of... mood. I think that would be the right word to use. If I were in the characters situation I would be freaking out. That would cause me to make errors. Keep up the good work. Still waiting for a story from the streets of good old Raccoon City.
Tillmer chapter 2 . 7/6/2006
It was so creepy, the entire thing about the guy writing in his journal. It reminded me of the one you find in Resident Evil One, you know the one in the bedroom that everyone remembers. Itchy. Tasty. Anyways, I thought it was excellent and I liked how you started to make the writing worse and worse as time went on.
liljimmyurine chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
Dude. This was damn good. There's room for improvement, definitely, but you've got some serious goddamn potential, as one of my crazier LA teachers told me. Can't wait for the updates
nuttynutz14 chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
Excellent fic!

Seriously dude, YOU ROCK!
drew chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
josh this story makes me proud to be your best friend i shit you not this is seriously i really good story. the imagery waws amazing i copuld picture everything that you used and made it even better. i really liked the end when you used the memory and pulling the trigger. that amazed me. i really am gonna try to read the long one right now but i cant cuz i dont know what its called but ill find it.
Sanchez chapter 1 . 6/5/2006
This story is pretty good. I liked the part you added about a carpenter being able to recognize his own handiwork. Then the character deciding to kill himself. I thought that last round would have been a misfire. That would have made me laugh. Can't wait for the next story.