Reviews for The Devil, You Say
shhIwasn'there chapter 13 . 11/24/2013
Ooh even better. Not real AND real! Great.
shhIwasn'there chapter 11 . 11/24/2013
Damn I hope he was hallucinating! No wait! I hope I was real and the devil says he had no right to trade his would cuz his soul is...in his friends hands or something. Hahaha or he shared one with Wilson.
Visitkarte chapter 13 . 7/25/2013
This was good - I loved. I am not religious person and I think praying is another way of saying "there's nothing (else) I can do" - but it fits here perfectly.
Visitkarte chapter 10 . 7/25/2013
Theheheee... And here I thought it was Michael Jackson's "Ben".

I wish I were too young to know it; I am probably too old ;-)

Beautiful story.
BabalooBlue chapter 25 . 1/22/2013
Awww, I've been on the edge of my seat here. Thanks for giving me this sweet scene at the end of chapter 25.
BabalooBlue chapter 8 . 1/22/2013
Ha! So Foreman isn't the ass I always thought he was? I'm actually glad.
This is a great story and I'm curious to see where you are taking this...
Medic chapter 33 . 6/9/2012
My god, does the word "boundries" mean anything to you Wilson?

This type of fic (and there are many) constantly crams down your throat how wonderful Wilson is and justifies him steamrollering over House's personal wishes about his own care "for House's own good". The only person who gets to decide whats for House's own good is House. Wilson doesn't get a say, no matter how much he cares for House and how well he has looked after him while he was ill.

You have depicted a friendship with very unhealthy undertones here, and no, the old excuse "Wilson knows whats best for House" doesn't fly, sorry. If House needs care at home? There are plenty of home nursing plans, especially if you have enough money. It can frequently be much easier for a deeply independent person like House to allow medical help from a non-judgemental stranger than a nagging friend. In fact it frequently damages friendships. Wilson needs to be his friend, not an overbearing medical professional who forces his own need to care on House.

I'm a doctor myself (25 years and counting, bloody hell) and if I behaved the way Wilson does in this fic I would leave myself open to some unpleasant consequences, quite apart from ptentially wrecking a friendship. I wish writers in this fandom could grasp how much power medics actually have over their patients and at least try to understand that precious, flawless Dr Wilson cramming his care down House's throat isn't always a good thing, yes, even if objectively it would work out in House's favour. House gets to make that choice and if Wilson was any kind of doctor he would be able recognise the need to separate his personal wishes and his medical responsibilities. Because guess what? If House doesn't agree to it, Wilson HAS NO RESPONSIBILITIES. If House wants Wilson in his life and involved in his care it would have to be on his terms. Even though Wilson obviously isn't kidnapping House Misery-style he has a sense of entitlement towards him that is deeply unpleasant here.

I see from your profile you were a peds nurse which may explain part of the problem as children have a different set of rights and a different relationship with medicos. Their care is negotiated through and with their parents, rather than making 100%, "if you don't agree with what I choose, then tough" face to face decisions. Out in the adult world of medicine things happen rather differently, no matter how irritating and reluctant to accept help the patient may be. I'm sure you must have experienced this earlier in your career.

You have not only written something that is very shaky from an ethical standpoint but is very out of character, especially at the end. Some characters might be very receptive to the kind of overbearing "care" that Wilson enforces, but as the show itself has shown, House isn't that type of person.
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 31 . 4/29/2012
Wilson's biggest problem is this: He can be either "FRIEND" or "DOCTOR" to House...he CANNOT be both. The two roles get jumbled up and twisted...sometimes in the same sentence. Wilson and House must choose "which" role Wilson is to be.
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 30 . 4/29/2012
I totally get why House wants to manage his own pain...HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO FEELS IT. Not to mention, every time in the past he has talked about increases in pain levels to Wilson or Cuddy, they have dismissed him...and not too kindly at that.

House's trust issues are incredibly big...maybe with good reason. Up to this point in the House/Wilson/Cuddy relationship(s) there has been incredibly huge manipulations and lies on the parts of Wilson and Cuddy (oddly I have always thought that House is the most honest, loyal, ethical and least judgmental character on this show)...yea the biggest "JERK" is actually the most likable person...that is just wrong.

The fact that Wilson and Cuddy are factoring House's liver longevity into their equations is ridicules...the PAIN ALONE WILL KILL HIM LONG BEFORE LIVER FAILURE...man still laughing at that. Can anyone spell DUH?

Great writing.
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 28 . 4/29/2012
Definitely a conversation that Cuddy and Wilson needed to have. For a bunch of Doctors I am continually surprised that NONE of them are smart enough to know the difference between addiction and dependency. I get the reason why House wants everyone to believe he is an addict...LESS WEAK THAN BEING DEPENDENT, but his closest friends SHOULD know the difference and understand him.

Course EVERY time Wilson psychoanalyzes House he is WRONG IN HIS THINKING, unfortunately Wilson is the mouth piece of House for every one else. They ALL believe what Wilson deciphers of House for them...but he is wrong. Oddly these people don't even believe what they SEE with their own eyes about House. Crazy.

This is a terrific story...of how Wilson, Cuddy and the ducklings SHOULD be represented...unfortunately not the way D. Shore has done it...too bad.

Great job.
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 20 . 4/29/2012
AWESOME. KidsNurse, you needn't have worried...the visualization is PERFECT. Yes, Cuddy is living with the guilt of her part in House's misery/situation and honestly she deserves to live with that every day.

I am not, nor have I ever been a Cuddy fan (honestly Wilson is NOT much better), but after watching "3 Stories" I can't believe that she ever has courage enough to accuse House of being "UNETHICAL". What she did, KNOWING that when he woke up from his coma, he was not only going to be crippled but also living the rest of his life with debilitating pain, was criminal. Forget the fact that she made the suggestion to the family instead of the patient, forget the fact that she "knew" House's stand on surgery, forget the fact that she EMOTIONALLY made this decision because she knew him...these facts alone qualify her for malpractice. With all that information, she still acts as if she had "NO" part in his dependency on pain killers.

Big mistake on D. Shore's part to make Cuddy such a "broom toting witch".
lilawonder chapter 33 . 1/18/2010
Wow what a fantastic ride. Such texture and nuance, even a bit of supernatural thrown in. Just beautiful. You are quite the writer.
Muirgen Monet chapter 33 . 8/15/2009
This is a wonderful, beautiful story. I've read it all in one sitting and it's now 3:30 in the morning and I should have gone to bed ages ago. :) I am absolutely thrilled to know that there's a sequel.

I'm working on a House fic myself (it's not up yet) and I can only hope it's half as good as yours. Last two paragraphs... absolutely perfect.

Keep up the awesome, awesome work!
Muirgen Monet chapter 32 . 8/15/2009
Great chapter.
Muirgen Monet chapter 31 . 8/15/2009
Aw... what a beautiful chapter, you nearly made me cry. I love the image of Wilson on the balcony... how House knew he would be there.