Reviews for The Devil, You Say
passionfornight chapter 33 . 7/21/2008
The ending wasn't fantastic, but the other the other two parts of the trilogy more then make up for it. I am glad that as you wrote for longer the chapters got longer as well. Short chapters are evil. Great story. It is nice how Wilson is coming to terms with himself here and that him and Cuddy see that they are going to be in this for the long haul.
CSKTECH chapter 11 . 7/10/2008
For a second there I thought you had decided to make this a crossover with Star Trek TNG, I would have sworn that was Q talking.. LOL

Good story

K
cryingblacktears chapter 33 . 3/24/2008
This astory is AMAZING. You described everything so well, and you got everyone in character perfectly...If this ever happened on the show (and it would be very cool if it did btw) I would hope David Shore let you write and direct it...

I'm adding this to my favpurites, and going to find the sequal now...

Hope you keep writing, you're really great at it...

~CBT
terralynn chapter 33 . 3/17/2008
Great story! Made me cry a little a couple of times. Great characterization.
terralynn chapter 8 . 3/17/2008
Ch. 7: And Then There's the Truth - I am so impressed by the way you outlined the roles the characters play for House. It fits so well. Enjoying the story so far!
Lutralutra chapter 33 . 11/11/2007
Wow - this story is breathtakingly good. It really is. The early chapters were devastating; it sounded like there was no possiblity of recovery, and Wilson and Cuddy's attempts to help out were heartbreaking. But it became so hopeful and strong, with all three of them leaning on each other, and the transition was so smooth and so welcome! It was wonderful. I loved the part about Wilson praying for House's soul; it seemed almost humorous on the surface, but you could feel the real caring underneath it. I got the impression that House was a bit...soft...towards the middle and end, but you managed to keep enough of a sarcastic edge to make it believable.

Kudos to you for this awesome fic. :)
Culf chapter 15 . 6/6/2007
"I did not plan to kill myself. But just so we're all straight here, if I ever do decide to go that route, I won't mess it up." He turns his head to Wilson, locks eyes with him; "And I will arrange it so that you are not the one to find me. I may be soulless, but even my cruelty has boundaries.”

There's something about him arranging for Wilson not to find him that strikes down deep in me. This is a very powerful line, and'd I'll keep it saved on my computer.
TwistedLilBarbie chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
I love this story. ;
i.have.an.idea chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
okay, wow.

so I Never post on a story until I get to the last writen chapter. but i am so impressed by this i am, for the first time in many months of fanfic, and tons of reviews, and several times as many stories, i am posting on chapter 1 of 35. on a fricken prelude no less! I should like write the date in my livejournal or something...

You were so in tune with the characters... with what they do, how they are, how they relate to each other... i am still kinda shocked.

"Wilson remains on the couch and watches as House stands across the room and fights through the spasm, watches as he tries to bring his contorted features under control."

Right on. House would never forgive overreactive protectiveness and worry.

"But when House fails to smother a thick, involuntary groan, Wilson is by his side rapidly."

Also right on.

"Briskly, loudly, to be heard over the pain and growing panic,"

beautiful.

"Wilson doesn't look at that face; House's privacy is tantamount. He simply kneels by his friend and slips warm fingers around his wrist-House's pulse is well over 100."

'House's privacy...' perfect!

the pulse thing throughout this, the massaging, the never looking at his face 'til it passes, and offering him full repect and dignity is all great.

"He never looks up from his work on the thigh, but he feels it when the spasm finally ends. Again, his fingers go around House's wrist, and he counts out 64 strong beats per minute before he finally stands and looks directly at his friend."

Again, perfect...

"House's eyes are boring into his. Those bright blue eyes, no longer so clouded with pain, are probing and defiant as they search Wilson's face for any hint of sadness or worry or-worse-pity. But Wilson, after so many years, is an expert on House. So the warm, clear brown eyes looking back at House reflect nothing but empathy. House glares into him for a few moments more."

Um, can I say 'right on'? seriously...

"'Thanks,' House says quietly, grudgingly, on an exhale."

so like him... and yet, that offer of thanks means something huge.

"Wilson grins wickedly and waggles his eyebrows at House, waiting for the biting comeback which will normalize things once more."

i love this setup to put House back into his comfort zone... even if that means he'll be an ass to Wilson.

When he doesn't respond, Wilson's concern is appropriate and gentle, I love his question, his body language...

Funny, I can be a rough criticizer sometimes, but like i said, i'm pleased with this. I usually have plenty of words to say, but now I'm stuck quoting you and repeating something so dumb as "right on!" ...well I am now convinced to invest in the time it will take to read this trilogy, and i'll try not to over-comment...:)
JoeyBug chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
I've read the whole thing twice and I have to say the way you've captured the relationshp between House, Wilson and Cuddy is amazing, there was no parts where it felt unbeliveable.

As someone who also suffers with chronic daily pain, you've described in a believable way. [must learn to spell believable] I love this story and it's sequels, plan to add them to my favourties on LJ too because it's certainly something I would love to read over and over again.
Mikhyel chapter 33 . 2/6/2007
This is awesome. Hurt-comfort is the best, and medically-sound hurt-comfort is even better. _ Parts of it even made me cry (that's a compliment, BTW)
Nyaar chapter 33 . 2/6/2007
This was so incredible I'm speachless. I found the first chap on the H/W com and went stright to read it whole. In my job. Yeah. Should be working here.

Uhn... You moved me to tears m... five times? I'm such a crybaby! XD I couldn't help it (I only hope people around me didn't noticed my wet eyes)

I'm so in love with this I'm on my knees begging for more. Because you said in the H/W this was a trilogy, didn't you? Hope it's true, and hope they're ready for me to read.

Really. The whole thing was so breathtaking, maybe because I've always feared that Cuddy and Wilson will only see the truth about House's pain only when it exploded on their faces. You did it so wonderfully. Loved Foreman's thing to bites too.

Wilson is just like aw. He's the everything we all would want, isn't he? Cuddy's thought about him being a child with a teddy bear was so cute that my sugar rised some points XDD

And the canon. You're the best. Really. House was wonderfull, totally himself. Aw. *hugs him*

You've gained my unconditional love with this fic *giggles*
Romulus chapter 33 . 1/31/2007
Loved it, but you are righ, this is going to be a longer war...and I will be back for the sequels!
Romulus chapter 32 . 1/31/2007