Reviews for Mechanical Resonance
Viriam chapter 3 . 9/14/2013
Precious Snowflake... I laughed my ass off!
And the vibration thingy. Killed. Me.

Awesome story, loved the way you described it from Cid's point of view.

Gonna check your other stories, so off I go!

lazaefair chapter 4 . 12/16/2009
Wow, I just tried to review chapter 1 before the site rather prissily informed me that I'd already reviewed, centuries ago. I drifted out of FFVII fandom a few years ago after burning out on all the bishounen, but was reintroduced to overlooked beefcake Cid Highwind last week and am now mainlining Cid-centric fic like it's 19 and going out of style. And I found this story again! *Fantastic* control of Cid's voice - I'm so jealous of your ability to set down a stream-of-conscious unique to Cid. Also, I think I'm going to steal some of your more creative bits of cursing, if you don't mind.
Enide Dear chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
Oh fave characters all in one; Sephlings and Cid! You can just feel it slipping straight to hell, one way or another. *grins* Lovely fic!
Requiem For Absolution chapter 4 . 10/2/2009
Haha. Very nicely done.

It's true, not many people can keep Cid in character, but you pulled it off spectacularly. Well done on that, and well done on keeping the delicate balance between comedy and seriousness.

You're a great writer.
Neophyte Ronin chapter 4 . 1/13/2008
Few comedic fan-fiction stories have a powerful plot on the side, or a serious context. You have both with this story-well thought-out and perhaps even plausible, if you don't take the impossibility of the Highwind's frame design into account.

Few people could actually pull Cid off without excessive swearing. There was a firm balance between that and ordinary sarcasm. Cid is drenched in masculinity, and this whole ordeal reflects it perfectly, and with the perfect level of profanity: well-chosen words. And the way Cid tries his damned hardest to talk these nimrods into doing things is the reason why Kadaj insists he rebuild a zeppelin that actually works rather than killing him outright, because they concede that they really had no clue what the hell they were doing. That, in and of itself, is Cid's true triumph as king of his hill.

Like I said, this has a serious context. It's a hostage crisis, where the prisoner and the terrorist conduct a battle of wills to exert some measure of control. Even from Cid's sardonic, testosterone-laden perspective, he really might have gotten himself killed with the wrong choice of words. It's commendable. Few people really have the sense to write an actual plot into something terribly funny. It's like Die Hard on the Highwind of Final Fantasy VII.

Keep up the excellent work. Yippie-kai-yay-ah, you know the rest...
Skai07 chapter 4 . 10/14/2006
yazoo's so col-and scary. cid's hilarious too! HA! great fic!
Siskin chapter 4 . 9/9/2006
...Good LORD what a writing voice you have. I couldn't stop reading. Favorites list? Uh, *yeah*.
Erin Elric chapter 4 . 7/30/2006
*laughes* Poor Cid. Very funny.
Kai Sagelliv chapter 4 . 7/25/2006
I really loved reading this! Awesome ending.
Pen-Versus-Sword chapter 4 . 7/10/2006
Oh-hoh. Mechanical resonance, indeed. Chapter 3 should've been called 'blast-off'. LOL Loved this. Well written, even if you don't know squat about engineering. You write like ya do.
Nentikobe chapter 4 . 7/5/2006
Perfect ending. This story was comic perfection. And the grandkids were very cute. I love it! _
Nentikobe chapter 3 . 7/5/2006
Oh wow, this was some pretty funny stuff. I just love how you made the narrative of the story sync so perfectly with Cid. It was as if Cid was actually narrating.

The only thing is, if this story is pre-Advent Children, why would Cid refer to them as "The Sephiroth Variety Hour?" He wouldn't have known yet what they were. That is my only gripe.

Now onward to chapter four...
Schemergirl chapter 1 . 7/5/2006
This is going on my favourites list _
LiteralBlue chapter 4 . 7/4/2006
WOW that was a perfect ending! Well done, well done! Those little kids were so CUTE! Were they his grandkids?
Schemergirl chapter 4 . 7/3/2006
Loved this series, and it has the best ending EVER, IMHO. Soz I can't be more constructive, but there's nothing to criticize!